Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#53412 - 08/17/04 07:53 PM Christian Ritual kills boy
Sparky_Eyes Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tampa Bay
When will we see a 20/20 special on what is truly the biggest death cult ever? My guess is never.

CNN

Churchman jailed for exorcism death

MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (AP) -- A church elder was sentenced to 21/2 years in prison Tuesday for abusing an 8-year-old autistic boy who died in what prosecutors called an exorcism at a storefront church.

Prosecutors say Ray Hemphill lay on Terrance Cottrell Jr.'s chest for at least an hour while trying to release "demons" from him, before the boy died August 22, 2003.

"It was your unreasonable and reckless conduct that caused this child to die," Milwaukee County Circuit Judge Jean DiMotto told Hemphill.

Last month, a jury found Hemphill, 46, guilty of physical abuse of a child recklessly causing great bodily harm.

Hemphill's attorney had argued his client was trying to help the boy, and that Cottrell died after an overdose of medication.

The medical examiner ruled the boy died of suffocation.

Terrance died at the Faith Temple Church of the Apostolic Faith in Milwaukee, where Hemphill was a church elder and where the boy and his mother were members.

The judge also sentenced Hemphill to 71/2 years of extended supervision and ordered him to pay about $1,200 in restitution. He had faced a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $25,000 fine.

#53413 - 08/17/04 08:28 PM Re: Christian Ritual kills boy [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:

Last month, a jury found Hemphill, 46, guilty of physical abuse of a child recklessly causing great bodily harm.

And not manslaughter as well? That's a shame.

#53414 - 08/17/04 08:49 PM Re: Christian Ritual kills boy [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
Captn_Thatch Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 115°49'00"W 37°14'00"N
Oh, good. Another "Christianity sucks" post. Just what I needed.

Quote:

When will we see a 20/20 special on what is truly the biggest death cult ever? My guess is never.

I don't think it is so unrealistic for the Church's downside to grow larger in the realm of public awareness real soon, on a scale that we have not seen before. (Bleep: I don't know what the "upside" is, either).

I don't know what people know internationally, but so far it has been no secret that Catholic churches in the United States are going bankrupt, and that there are boy molesting priests in churches everywhere, and now boys dying in careless hands.

Just today on History Channel, a program about Angels described how the image of the angel has changed over time, revealing some rather devestating facts about what Catholic Churches are still teaching these days.

Perhaps it won't be on 20/20, and I couldn't give a crap, but is this program the only one that you want to see the subject addressed on, or would any other channel do? Personally, I anticpate that a complete and total annihilation of the Catholic Church is inevitable to occur very soon. It is their "apocalypse", after all. I will be more than happy to see this happen, even if it means they walk away unscathed, with another "woops, didn't mean to lie to you for 2000 years!" and another legal matter swept under the carpet. Fine by me, just as long as they go away. Sick assholes. But the denominations will still be a problem, I'd guess.

#53415 - 08/17/04 10:17 PM Re: Christian Ritual kills boy [Re: Captn_Thatch]
Sparky_Eyes Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tampa Bay
Quote:

Oh, good. Another "Christianity sucks" post. Just what I needed.

I get disgusted when children die because of the overwhelming stupidity of their guardians, christian or not. Maybe it's becuase I spent the day with my niece. Maybe I'm not going to actually do anything to "make a difference", that doesn't mean stories like this aren't going to piss me off.

#53416 - 08/18/04 12:06 AM Re: Christian Ritual kills boy [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
2 1/2 years out of 10?

That's just wrong.
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#53417 - 08/18/04 03:13 AM Re: Christian Ritual kills boy [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
Captn_Thatch Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 115°49'00"W 37°14'00"N
Tonight I'm saying whatever I feel like saying. But there's no sarcasm meant by it. I was actually looking forward to venting, which is why I typed out all that other stuff which you didn't reply to for whatever reason.

I might say more honestly though, that I prefer being entertained to caring about the actions of stupid people, I barely have a sympathetic nerve in my body, and hearing about stuff like this usually just makes me bored. So maybe tomorrow I'll get more on your case about it, but tonight I was merely shooting the breeze and felt like chomping on some Christian tail.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Edited by Captn_Thatch (08/18/04 03:16 AM)

#53418 - 08/18/04 03:25 AM Re: Christian Ritual kills boy [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
Spitt Offline

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
$1,200 instead of $25,000? Even the higher figure isn't high enough. They should've cleaned that guy out and garnished his pay for the next 20 years. Let him know what it's like to live with real loss, since the kid lost everything.

#53419 - 08/18/04 03:57 AM Re: Christian Ritual kills boy [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
Mordecast Offline

Loc: Romania , Curtea de Arges
Stupid christans...When are they going to realise there are
no demons to possess another...

#53420 - 08/18/04 06:41 AM Re: Christian Ritual kills boy [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
DarknessAbounds Offline

Loc: Delaware, United States.
Though it is tragic the child had to lose his life at the hands of a rather stupid person, I cannot honestly say I think it was all for the bad.

Certainly, the priest should have his life taken, simply for stupidity, however, even stupid people have their uses. It is sad of course that the child was born without the necessary means of supporting himself, however, what kind of life could he have lead? Perhaps it was better for him to die at a young age?

This is something I consider a two-way benefit for society. One less stupid person, and one less helpless victim. Hopefully, while the priest is in prison, he is murdered.

#53421 - 08/18/04 08:04 AM Re: Christian Ritual kills boy [Re: DarknessAbounds]
London Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Inmost Dens
After his first offense he should have had a restraining order keeping him a certain distance from any minors. Why aren't the parents being charged with neglect?
I agree with Darkness. Christians act retarded enough without being literally so.

#53422 - 08/18/04 10:39 AM Re: Christian Ritual kills boy [Re: Captn_Thatch]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>Perhaps it won't be on 20/20, and I couldn't give a crap,
>but is this program the only one that you want to see the
>subject addressed on, or would any other channel do?
>Personally, I anticpate that a complete and total
>annihilation of the Catholic Church is inevitable
>to occur very soon.

Even if some station were to do a thorough debunking of the Catholic Church, I don't know who exactly the message would reach. Members who quit would probably say things like "Well I finally ended my ties to that Catholic Church! From now on, my family and I are going to the Baptist church downtown."

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#53423 - 08/18/04 11:11 AM Re: Christian Ritual kills boy [Re: DarknessAbounds]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> Hopefully, while the priest is in prison, he is murdered.<<

The milk of human kindness

I have to agree with both of the points you made.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#53424 - 08/18/04 11:46 AM Re: Christian Ritual kills boy [Re: Bill_M]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Precisely Bill, and if you ask me, many Protestant churches are crazier and more dangerous to individuals than the Catholic Church usually is (and their music is usually only at least half as good as the Catholics'). But, notice that few in the mainstream have really written any major articles or rants, done any major studies, or drawn any large number of political cartoons about what Protestants get away with.

Because the Catholic Church is one, big, wealthy entity, it's an easier target. But, by only going after the Catholic Church, the mainstream's missing out on a large part of their problem.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#53425 - 08/18/04 12:37 PM Re: Christian Ritual kills boy [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.
This is not an example on how Christianity is a cult. This is an example of someone who acted stupidly and inflicted harm on others. Surely, no Christian church would support doing what that man did. I don't care if it is in some sort of Exorcism, find me a church that would condone that sort of behavior.

Remember those "Satanists" who killed others during "Satanic-Ritual?" Boy, that sure does show how Satanism is a cult, doesn't it?

--Added note: What about the boy's mother?

Edited by Sinistra (08/18/04 12:49 PM)

#53426 - 08/18/04 12:52 PM Re: Christian Ritual kills boy [Re: Bogey_Man]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>>This is not an example on how Christianity is a cult. This is an example of someone who acted stupidly and inflicted harm on others. Surely, no Christian church would support doing what that man did. I don't care if it is in some sort of Exorcism, find me a church that would condone that sort of behavior.<<

As a matter of fact, many pentecostal and so called "charismatic" Christian churches DO condone this behaviour and it is quite common (and considered normal) practice for often more than one male to pin down a "demonically possessed" person.

It is a FAITH based practice and is considered standard procedure in their casting of demon rituals.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406058 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements