Topic Options
#53463 - 08/18/04 03:32 AM Me, Being a Little Bitch
Captn_Thatch Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 11549'00"W 3714'00"N

In IE 6.0 and Win XP, every time I come to LttD, I have spurts where I click a link and nothing happens. No change in the status bar, either. I find that I have to go "Back" at least once, and then forward again, in order for it to work. I'm not on any other messageboards, and it does not happen elsewhere on the Web. I'm running a real old PC with a rusty plumming system, but I just figure since the panty-pissing issue is exclusive to LttD, I would ask about it. Is this a known issue and does it have a fix?

#53464 - 08/19/04 06:18 PM Re: Me, Being a Little Bitch [Re: Captn_Thatch]
Z3ro3X Offline
CoS Member

Forget about the forum issue, let's talk about the browser. If you where any way minded in security and/or performance than may I suggest switching to www.mozilla.org . And if you're really ballsy than may I also suggest switching from Windows XP to SuSE 9.1. More problems than you're probably aware of will go away in a single switch. Hell just changing browsers will make half of those probably unknown problems go away.

#53465 - 08/21/04 02:48 AM Re: Me, Being a Little Bitch [Re: Z3ro3X]
Captn_Thatch Offline
CoS Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think I'll be switching my operating system, nor do I want to use Mozilla. I can't stand the way I have to organize my bookmarks on Mozilla or Netscape. I like using the active desktop feature, where I just move stuff around by clicking and dragging. It doesn't seem to be possible in Mozilla. I'm not sure I understand the security issue, either. What's wrong with the security updates from microsoft.com?

#53466 - 08/22/04 12:46 AM Re: Me, Being a Little Bitch [Re: Captn_Thatch]
Z3ro3X Offline
CoS Member

I wouldn't know. I had Windows XP Pro setup as a dual boot next to SuSE. How ever a few weeks ago Windows crapped out and so did the setup disk. So I've been on Linux for a few weeks now and haven't seen Windows in a long ass time.

Half the time the windows updates comes with more bugs than it patches. But if you want to stick with windows than the only MS OS I would recommend is Windows 2000 Pro. It's the most stable windows yet. I'm sure most people will say XP is better than 2000 but what they should know is XP is 2000, but with a lot of bloated crap added for the "AOL" (need help finding the power button) generation.

And here is a good link of alternative software to replace software on Windows if that's what you want to keep...
http://www.msboycott.com/thealt/

#53467 - 08/22/04 04:38 PM Re: Me, Being a Little Bitch [Re: Z3ro3X]
Captn_Thatch Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

XP is 2000, but with a lot of bloated crap added for the "AOL" (need help finding the power button) generation.

I know!

This machine will stay the same - next one will be Linux, probably. Thanks.

Forum Stats
12010 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405199 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements