Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#57073 - 09/15/04 12:22 PM Living A Satanist Life
hickeyarmy Offline

Loc: US
I just read a post by a LttD member named Euphoria who made a correct point that too many people think that learning about Satanism ends after reading the Satanic Bible. I think this is an essential place to begin to understand Satanism. You certainly not call yourself a Satanist if you have failed to take the time to read this well known book sold everywhere.
But I think after one has read TSW, there is much more to be done. I read the other books written by Dr. LaVey, as well as Blanche Barton's biography of him. It gave me a much fuller grasp of Satanism. It didn't just strike a chord within me. It was a fully liberating experience, reading his expressions of our carnal religion. But Dr. LaVey LIVED Satanism as he wished to! Face it, he was miles ahead of us in development.
It is this practical application of Satanism to his life that I am very inspired by. Are there to many of us who come here to talk of our principles and views in the abstract, but are taking little or no action guided by Satanism in their own lives offline?
If you are, what is it you are doing? How are you growing?
Are you a success? If so, what standards do you have to determine this?
I read the paper Dr. LaVey wrote on Pentagonal Revisionism and immediately wondered,"So what are the Satanists actually DOING to accomplish this fantastic goals?"
You see, I come here as a student, seeking knowledge and inspiration from the cream of the Satanist crop, for my own purposes. I am grateful for what I have already learned from some of you. But I do not come here for an identity. I come here to find out how Satanism can expand and improve myself and my life in the REAL world!
Hail Satan!
Alex

#57074 - 09/15/04 01:29 PM Re: Living A Satanist Life [Re: hickeyarmy]
sCara Offline

Quote:

I think this is an essential place to begin to understand Satanism.

I'm no idealist, but this is supposed to be the place where The Elite Come To Play.

It all really starts right here *taps her noggin*

Quote:

You certainly not call yourself a Satanist if you have failed to take the time to read this well known book sold everywhere.

I would clarify and emphasis "You certainly (do) not call yourself a Satanist if you have failed to take the time to read, comprehend and see yourself described in this well known book (The Satanic Bible), readily available."

Quote:

Are there to many of us who come here to talk of our principles and views in the abstract, but are taking little or no action guided by Satanism in their own lives offline?

I think that there are quite a few here talking the talk and walking the walk. Again, this is the place where The Elite Come To Play. Many, if not all that really get it would really get it without the Internet! I'm not very old at all, but I only really started using computers for enjoyment and profit a few years ago. I'm 26 and was first exposed to and understood Dr. LaVey's works well over a decade ago now.

Quote:

If you are, what is it you are doing?

How are you growing?

Are you a success?

If so, what standards do you have to determine this?

Sure.
I'm doing my li'l respective projects my way.
I consider myself to be a success.
My standards determine this.

Quote:

You see, I come here as a student, seeking knowledge and inspiration from the cream of the Satanist crop, for my own purposes. I am grateful for what I have already learned from some of you. But I do not come here for an identity. I come here to find out how Satanism can expand and improve myself and my life in the REAL world!

That's all fine and dandy for you, but what are you doing to reciprocate?

#57075 - 09/15/04 02:12 PM Re: Living A Satanist Life [Re: sCara]
hickeyarmy Offline

I agree this is where the Satanist Elite should play. What I guess I am asking is: 1) In your own view, what makes you ELITE?, and 2) How ACTIVELY do you play?
Reading the TSB is not enough to become a Satanist. You must be born with Satanism in your veins. However, one does not become conscious of it to the point of calling themselves a Satanist until exposed to the religion. Yes, you must see yourself there...if I hadn't, we wouldn't be having a conversation here.
Now of course, Satanists don't need the Internet. On the other hand, let's look at how technology as given Satanism the ability both to find the best anywhere in the world, and to facilitate effective stratification.
As far as my reciprocation for what is given to me: if it is pleasing to me, I will do all that is desired and needed that I can.
I notice a kind of vagueness in your statements on your projects and your standards. That's fine. It is always best to say less than necessary.
Hail Satan!
Alex

#57076 - 09/15/04 02:27 PM Re: Living A Satanist Life [Re: hickeyarmy]
sCara Offline

Quote:

I agree this is where the Satanist Elite should play.

Good!

Quote:

What I guess I am asking is: 1) In your own view, what makes you ELITE?, and 2) How ACTIVELY do you play?

1. Just about everything.
2. My play is an extension of me.

Quote:

Reading the TSB is not enough to become a Satanist. You must be born with Satanism in your veins. However, one does not become conscious of it to the point of calling themselves a Satanist until exposed to the religion. Yes, you must see yourself there...if I hadn't, we wouldn't be having a conversation here.

I am quite aware of this. Hence, the clarification about The Satanic Bible in my previous reply.

Quote:

Now of course, Satanists don't need the Internet. On the other hand, let's look at how technology as given Satanism the ability both to find the best anywhere in the world, and to facilitate effective stratification.

I agree. It is a wealth of near infinite information for the discerning mind. The discerning mind, however, will be present with or without the Internet. I have gotten to know many Satanists since I began using the Internet. The point is, I already knew I was a Satanist before I connected. I didn't have to inquire of others for knowledge in regards to Satanism, as I already knew. Debate and discussion based on such is excellent and able to really stimulate at times. Expecting base rudimentary knowledge to be handed out, so to speak, is not. The foundation needs to be in place before discussion takes place.

Quote:

As far as my reciprocation for what is given to me: if it is pleasing to me, I will do all that is desired and needed that I can.

Okie-dokie. So, until then, you expect to have exactly how much clarified for you?

Quote:

I notice a kind of vagueness in your statements on your projects and your standards. That's fine. It is always best to say less than necessary.

You call it vague, I call it what you needed to know. Ta-mah-toh, Ta-MAH-toh.

#57077 - 09/15/04 05:28 PM Re: Living A Satanist Life [Re: hickeyarmy]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>I read the paper Dr. LaVey wrote on Pentagonal
>>Revisionism and immediately wondered,"So what are the
>>Satanists actually DOING to accomplish this fantastic
>>goals?"

Plenty of Satanists have been making their own total environments, for starters.

>>You see, I come here as a student, seeking knowledge and
>>inspiration from the cream of the Satanist crop,

No internet forum, let alone a public one, is going to be made up of "the cream of the [insert subject here] crop". An on-line forum is only going to have those who have heard of the forum in the first place, post to it, and then feel like sticking around. Even out of the users who are registered here, there are plenty who post only in the members-only section, and others who most of the time are too busy with, as you mention, real-life accomplishments.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ▄bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#57078 - 09/15/04 06:32 PM Re: Living A Satanist Life [Re: hickeyarmy]
HLGwyn Offline

Loc: Colorado
It sounds as if you came for answers, so I will give you some.

Enjoy your time here. When you do not feel as if anything can be taken from here, or added here to suit you for any purpose, stay away. If you force yourself to post here, you are not doing anyone, including yourself, a favor.

Do not worry much about what other Satanists are doing to fill their time with Satanic deeds. Your own life sure could use that amount of energy and creativity instead.

Take your own words to heart.
"Dr. LaVey Lived Satanism as he wished to!"
Instead of pointing out that tid-bit of common knowledge, wouldn't it apply better with a mirror held up before you?

Satanism can NOT improve your life in the real world. You improve your life in the real world. It is completely up to you to understand the principles of Satanism as something not outside of you. That is the key to the point of "Satanist are born, not made".

Do not allow others to dictate to you where you stand as a Satanist. Life is a process of growth, and aint no-one, no-where qualified to squash your growth, unless you submit to their actions. Only you decide, who you are.

Lighten up! Roll your eyes and make a funny face. Tell a joke. Life is dull with too many people being serious and dour all of the time. If you cannot smile at something, even if it is supposed to be serious, then you are taking yourself way-too seriously!

A-Wop-Bop-A-Loo-Bop, A-Wop-Bam-Boom...
Hail Satan.

#57079 - 09/16/04 06:23 AM Re: Living A Satanist Life [Re: sCara]
hickeyarmy Offline

Your response is fair. I feel we are expressing a similar perspective, in our unique ways. I don't really want any basic knowledge handed to me. I guess I am a bit voyeuristic at times, and just like to look out the window to see what is going on in my neighbor's kingdom. That's all.
I understand it when they want to put up stained glass windows and fences.
Thanks Neighbor for your time!
Hail Satan!
Alex

#57080 - 09/16/04 06:30 AM Re: Living A Satanist Life [Re: HLGwyn]
hickeyarmy Offline

I want you to know how I appreciate this post. It really speaks for itself. That sounds like a plan to me!
Also, I commend you for your cordiality. It speaks of your own well developed self-knowledge and deeply selfish pleasure taking! Ah, it can be such a yummy life!
Hail Satan!
Alex

#57081 - 09/16/04 06:42 AM Re: Living A Satanist Life [Re: Bill_M]
hickeyarmy Offline

Bill, that is exactly what I was hoping to talk about: Total Environments!!! I am inspired by some of what I found out about this, and like I said to sCara, I guess I was interested in peeking out my window to see what was going on at the neighbor's kingdom. Being in Iraq in the Army makes such an endeavor a bit difficult, but I look forward to a period of more personal freedom where I can experiment and experience. Today I am relegated largely to visualization and my gloriously fertile and dark imagination (which is not that bad, actually). I want more, though.
Hail Satan!
Alex

#57083 - 09/16/04 05:06 PM Re: Living a Satanic life. [Re: ]
hickeyarmy Offline

OK, when I read this I figured it must be an attempt to start a flame war. The point of my original posting was exactly about how Satanists USE it. There is no question about making an effort on anybody's part...that is obvious.
Neither was I complaining about anything. I have absolutely no idea what other Satanist are or aren't doing. It seems to me that any time any Satanists were to come together...like at a message board, they might take about their practices. I am interested in that. Remember I don't know any of you personally. At this moment it isn't that important to. I admit to being somewhat voyeuristic when I was posting. If that makes you mad, burn me at the stake
As for my immortality's insurance, I say it is a work in progress, undertaken very actively, as it has always been. I am a student of Satanism, I identify with it. I didn't say "oh, wow, that Satanism is cool. I wanna be in it." I said to myself,"This guy is talking about how I have felt. He clearly states it. This guy LaVey's Satanism cut though the mountains of bullshit finally." I am a soldier in Iraq, so now I am attempting to discover how to implement this rather newfound knowledge in conditions where I can't just go to the store and pick up nice ritual tools and robes,etc.Frankly I am not sure I will even need such things, or at least they can be substituted. I will see. I have ZERO privacy. So, how should I create a total environment in the presence of all my comrades in arms? I am trying to figure that one out too. I am sure other Satanist soldiers face these same difficulties. It would be great to hear about those soldiers who came up with solutions, or at least to compare notes.
Have I insured my immortality? Nope. I hope not, because if I did it probably wouldn't yet be the immortality I desire. After I get out of the Army, I will be going to film school. I knew TV and movies was the new God before I read it from LaVey, and have had a great interest in filmmaking for quite some time. We will see what I can do!
What can I offer in return? Hmmm. Besides correspondence here, and contributing whatever I have found, I am not sure what would be of service to you. I have no idea what YOUR desires are (but wish I did) because some of you seem so damn cautious it is ridiculous (I just had to get that off my chest). I don't fear people, or stomp on their guts without cause. I USE them. Everyday. I get what I want from them. I get as good a bargain as I can. So while I love the idea of space ghettos, while these people are about, I will have MY WAY with them instead of avoiding them. I will have to INCLUDE them in my environment, but according to my arrangement. Read the book 48 Laws of Power and The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene. Great Machiavellian stuff. Please stop fearing the stupid masses. Make the best out of them. They are always showing their need to get an effective master.
THAT may seem parasitic. I call it realistic use of relationships for my own interests. Mastering it, I can get anything.
Hail Satan!
Alex

#57084 - 09/16/04 05:12 PM Re: Living A Satanist Life [Re: hickeyarmy]
Captn_Thatch Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 115░49'00"W 37░14'00"N
Quote:

Are there to many of us who come here to talk of our principles and views in the abstract, but are taking little or no action guided by Satanism in their own lives offline?
If you are, what is it you are doing? How are you growing?
Are you a success? If so, what standards do you have to determine this?

I used to ask questions like these of myself, and it helped me out so long as I stayed motivated enough to keep asking and keep answering with a positive answer. But nowadays, I don't make near as much of a self-analogy. I prefer to think of Satanism as an attitude that one naturally has, not a rulebook to keep myself going. ("It just keeps on ticking" comes to mind for some reason). Na. I don't need that.

They say knowledge is power, but is it? How long is one supposed to sit in their own stew, before they realize that getting up and doing something that you want to do is not so difficult? You just have to know what you want. You have to know what you want, and you have to have the nerve to go and get it, with the confidence necessary to follow something through. But I don't think of this as a "guideline" or some sort of dogmatic demand that I put on myself. I think more applicable questions are what I just suggested: 1) What do I want? 2) What do I have to do to get it? 3) When will I make sure that I have this done by? There's a subtle difference, you see. One is a matter of trying to get the vehicle rolling, another is what you do when it is already on the road. You can tell yourself that you've got the right idea in your head, and therefore you are going to follow through with it, OR you can just be yourself and live like you really want to live. To me, and I speak for myself, the latter approach just seems more natural and much more motivational. I don't need self-help books to help me accomplish something. I just need self-help books to build a better strategy, so that I am more effective. The Satanic Bible is like the ultimate diatribe of someone who's already doing certain things for themselves to be successful. It doesn't teach anyone what to do or how to do it. So the attitude or ambition that just naturally falls into place becomes much more important than making sure that you're living by the words that have been written.

That's my quick rendition. It seems to work for me. I set my own standards. I do what I want to do when I want to do it. The Church of Satan establishes an overall aesthetic of Satanism, but the guts of the matter is something that you just have to "know" instinctively. If you haven't got that going for yourself, then you'll just end up wasting time and going in circles. It does a person good to get honest with themselves before they "get motivated", in my opinion.

#57085 - 09/16/04 08:03 PM Re: Living A Satanist Life [Re: hickeyarmy]
simasud666 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New York, USA
I think that all of us live our lives as Satanists not only on line but off line as well. It not only reflects in our homes with our own environment which we create for our selves, and to ones likings. I also think that all of us use it in our everyday lives with how we act towards others whom disrespect us and or our space or property and family. We also use it with our creativity, and in our leisure time with what we read, listen to or what we do.

I know personally I do for it shows up everywhere in the things I do and the way I carry myself. For example the way I dress when my hubby and I go out. If we want to be left alone and go unnoticed I wear jeans and a tee shirt. However if we are going out and want to make a impression or I am looking to pull power I kill two birds with one stone. I dress provocatively enough to show a lot but leave them wanting more. I also do it with my dance since I studied for years when I was younger Tap, Ballet, and modern Jazz. I put it all together depending on where we are and have left men drooling in their drinks. Of Course my hubby sets back and grins because he knows we always drink for free, and end up having a great time.

I have personally found and I am saying this through years of experance that how one presents them selves to others whom you want to know and impress helps. If they are worthy of knowing me then I treat them with great respect, not telling someone whom I am or what I believe in. Over time as our friendship grows they may ask or they may come to my home where there are two copies of TSB setting on my coffee table. By that time they have grown to know me there fore they don't care and some even ask to learn at which time I pull out a copy of TSB and loan to them. Those that I don't want to know or feel don't deserve to know me I treat rudely and with pure malise.

Since I am a lover of animals and everyone knows that I am constantly being left animals hurt or not on my door steps. I also rehabilitate for the D.E.C. all kinds of wild animals and the ones I can't handle I hold for my Vet until he can come and get them.

Like my friends say you can see it in my Photos because what I find interesting others may not. You can see it in my home because I like Egyptian, Gothic, and just plain weird. We don't celebrate Christian holidays like Christmas instead we celebrate Halloween by giving gifts and candy and we celebrate our days of birth with to its fullest. We also celebrate beginning of Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. We do the later in privet and in our own ways.

So as you can see at least for my self and I know that others as well we do use our Satanism not only online but we use it in our every day lives.

#57087 - 09/17/04 01:01 AM Re: Living A Satanist Life [Re: simasud666]
hickeyarmy Offline

Now that is a response. Thank you simasud666. That was what I wanted to know. I love it... May your carnal desires be fulfilled this day!
Hail Satan!
Alex

#57088 - 09/17/04 01:03 AM Re: Living a Satanic life. [Re: ]
hickeyarmy Offline

Point taken and contemplated.
Hail Satan!
Alex

#57089 - 09/17/04 03:07 AM Re: Living A Satanist Life [Re: hickeyarmy]
Euphoria Offline

Loc: 1/4 mile and 9 seconds away!
"If you are, what is it you are doing? How are you growing?
Are you a success? If so, what standards do you have to determine this? "

Why would you care what other Satanists are doing? And whats it got to do with you anyway?

"I come here as a student, seeking knowledge and inspiration from the cream of the Satanist crop, for my own purposes. I am grateful for what I have already learned from some of you. But I do not come here for an identity. I come here to find out how Satanism can expand and improve myself and my life in the REAL world! "

These are things you can't be taught! Expanding and improving yourself should be what you do just by being you! If you need to be told how to improve, then it won't happen here!
Although I'm quite happy to give you private lessons! (Obviously at a huge cost to yourself!)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12173 Members
73 Forums
43941 Topics
405813 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements