Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#57347 - 09/17/04 10:20 AM Wooo, The Marines!
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I wasn't really sure where I should post this message, so I figured general would be the best spot. I'm soon to be going into basic training (I'm currently in a delayed training program) and I would like to see if anybody could give me any advice from a Satanist stand-point. Thanks to anybody that replies.

#57348 - 09/17/04 10:56 AM Re: Wooo, The Marines! [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Shut up and just go with the flow. You will find that those Drill Instructors are not only evil but funny as hell too.

Have fun with it and don't give up, it is only 3 months of semi-hell.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#57349 - 09/17/04 11:14 AM Re: Wooo, The Marines! [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
Wiley Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Augusta, GA
As Discipline said, it's best to keep quiet and go with the flow. Despite urges to try to rise above the herd, basic training is one place where it's best to be like everyone else and remain below the radar of the DIs. Don't draw attention to yourself.

Good luck, and remember it is a big mind game. If you play along you'll have a lot more fun.

Hail Satan!

~Anybody can die, why be a follower? The trick is learning how to truly live.

My space on Myspace[/color]

#57350 - 09/17/04 11:38 AM Re: Wooo, The Marines! [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
simasud666 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New York, USA
Like I told my son 4 years ago. Say yes sir, No sir, Thank you sir, and keep your nose clean.

It is only a few months that you have to go through the herds idea of hell and then you will be off to training school. As my son said things got much better after boot camp. He just got out of the service with an honorable discharge. He was a Staff Sergeant when he left. He has a good career ahead of him and he can still use his GI loan for College classes.

Just set back and take their crap for a while and then you will be out of there and off to a new place. Playing the game on the outside while being who you are on the in. Good luck

#57351 - 09/17/04 01:02 PM Re: Wooo, The Marines! [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
Rattlesnake Offline

Loc: Yurop
Hehe. My advice to you is, when you go to Iraq, learn how to walk on your four or you may get shot on your head. I really hope you don't. Good luck, you'll need it out there.

#57352 - 09/17/04 01:30 PM Re: Wooo, The Marines! [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
And don't laugh when they do funny shit. They ALWAYS do that when you are in formation at attention.

Mind your business, and your battle buddies business. Take care of each other, and keep yourselves squared away.

Basic is hell, and it's fun all at the same time. Take nothing personally, and don't get hurt. Take care of your feet.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#57353 - 09/17/04 02:56 PM Re: Wooo, The Marines! [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
Mekhet Offline

Loc: The Levant
When it will look like hell - remember it's not.

Be easy-going with your teammates and try as best you can to get along with them, get to know them and what makes them move, in basic training you also help yourself by helping others.

don't get mad in front of your commanders, watch your language when you speak with them, make a cautious choice of words at all times.

everytime they ask for a volunteer, do volunteer.
I just loved that part when asked us "volunteers, raise hands" and they ordered us all to volunteer.

don't be lazy.

be polite but don't be a sucker.

don't laugh when other soldiers say or do something funny (or plain silly), think about something sad or anything that can make you serious (but don't, ever, lose concentration at what the commander is saying).

If you feel like you're gonna fall asleep in the middle of a lecture, check in with your commanders if it is okay that you wash your face with water from your canteen and drink from it.

don't act like a big shot and get too much ahead of your commanders. showing you're intelligent is one thing, passing their orders are another. it works on both ways - don't act like a small minded and ask permission about everything.

don't take it too heavy if and when they scream at you or if you fail at something, try to improve next time and try to motivate\manipulate your team to do the same.

most chances you'll look back and laugh at a lot of things you've found irritating and obnoxious about basic.'

get up at least 10-15 minutes before wake-up and get ready for action.

don't play with your weapons. it ain't a toy.

even whole months can simply fly by without notice in the military.

If you have a problem, don't be ashamed to turn to your commander.

and finally - do your best to have fun! it's a building experience.

#57354 - 09/17/04 06:11 PM Re: Wooo, The Marines! [Re: Mekhet]
Elend Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:

don't play with your weapons. it ain't a toy.

During my bt when a drill instructor saw you playing with your weapon he would declare it dead and order you to dig a grave for it a few metres deep. The whole platoon would stand at attention while you put the weapon in and covered it up after which you would have to dig it up again and clean it within an impossible timeframe, The tasks he would think of if you didnt make it in time (which you wouldnt) were unpleasant to say the least

When marching long distances and you think you are not able to make it remember theres a hot shower awaiting you at the end. A hot shower is better then an orgasm when youve crossed your limits.

#57355 - 09/17/04 06:16 PM Re: Wooo, The Marines! [Re: Felstorm]
Knocko Offline

Loc: Michigan - Troll Country
Quote:

Take care of your feet.

Above else, this is the most important thing you can do. Your feet are your best friend; well, next to your weapon. Take care of them at all costs. I've seen some pretty freaky shit in boot - guys with holes so deep in the soles of their feet you could see bone. *Always wear your shower shoes.*
"When the long winter nights come on and the wolves follow their meat into the lower valleys, he may be seen running at the head of the pack through the pale moonlight or glimmering borealis, leaping gigantic above his fellows, his great throat a-bellow as he sings a song of the younger world, which is the song of the pack. "Old longings nomadic leap, Chafing at custom's chain: Again from its brumal sleep Wakens the ferine strain."" -Jack London, The Call of the Wild

#57356 - 09/17/04 06:51 PM Re: Wooo, The Marines! [Re: Elend]
Mekhet Offline

Quote:

The tasks he would think of if you didnt make it in time (which you wouldnt) were unpleasant to say the least

I can imagine.. been there, done that...

I for one, didn't play with my rifle. I found smoking cigarettes as a better activity than that. so whenever I had the chance you'd see me with a smoke somewhere, it became so often that the rest of my platoon started to call me after my then-favourite brand - "winston"

Quote:

When marching long distances and you think you are not able to make it remember theres a hot shower awaiting you at the end. A hot shower is better then an orgasm when youve crossed your limits.

God, that is so true.....
although hot water are a rare feel in the army!

#57357 - 09/17/04 06:53 PM Re: Wooo, The Marines! [Re: Knocko]
Mekhet Offline

Quote:

*Always wear your shower shoes.*

I once entered the showers and noted this to a soldier from another team, after he walked there barefooted... at one breakfest he told me nothing happened to him but he'll start wearing them from now on because what I said simply spooked the jesus out of him.

#57358 - 09/18/04 03:10 AM Re: Wooo, The Marines! [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
Leo_V Offline
CoS Member

Three rules will get you through Basic:

1. Do what you are told.
2. Do what you are told.
3. Goddamnit, do what you are told! (and do it as fast as you can.)

It's all a head game, just play along! Where are you going after Basic Training? I went to a light infantry unit (7th ID), which was more physically demanding than Basic was. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Best of luck to you!

#57359 - 09/18/04 11:03 AM Re: Wooo, The Marines! [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.
Okay, you're in the DEP. Congratulations on your choice. Now, since you are not technically in, you should start getting prepared. Ask your recruitment officer to provide you with printed and signed documents showing you what job you were promised. Get everything in writing. I can't stress that enough: GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING! The last thing you want is to go in with a strong head, but then wind up disollusioned with the Marine Corps because you were referred to a different job. Make the Corps work for you.

Next, get in shape. Really in shape. You have no idea how much you will be glad you did. Run a LOT! Do a LOT of arm work. You will not want to make training longer than the 13 weeks. There is something called the PCP, short for Physical Conditioning Platoon. The fatter recruits who can't meet the physical standards to begin training go here. Those unfortunate to be in the PCP will, well, be physically conditioned! They will run your fat sorry little ass off. Ever hear the term Pork Chop Platoon? That's the same thing.

Tell your family to keep the letters coming. Tell them to send you stamps and envelopes. Tell your sexy girlfriend/boyfriend NOT to send nude pictures. Tell people to tell you ahead of time if they will send you a box, and tell them to tell you what it is. All packages are opened before the entire platoon.

Sleep will be your best friend when in training. But heres a tip: The first two or three days in San Diego, you will NOT sleep. They will keep your ass up doing paperwork. Stay up. Stay awake. Stay alert. The nights before, when you go to wherever it is they take you to do the final evaluations (medical, etc.) do NOT stay awake. SLEEP as much as you can before you go to basic.

Okay, you've heard a lot of shit about the Drill Instructors, haven't you? Forget it. Those mean fuckers will scream at you, make you do physically demanding tasks, and intimidate the shit out of you. Ride with it. If you want to be a leader, then emphasize to your other recruits what the Drill Instructors are saying. Run faster, clean your boots, make your bed, etc. --HELP your recruit buddies. This will both make you look good, and your platoon look good.

Keep in mind that the Drill Instructors can't hurt you. They're not allowed to hurt you.

You WILL hate the Drill Instructors. They WILL scare the shit out of you. But don't let it get to you. People scream, people scream, people scream. Just do what they say and you'll be fine. Keep this in mind: They hate to be called Drill Sargeants. That's Army. Call them Drill Instructor Staff Sargeant So and So. Call them by their full name.

Your Senior Drill Instructor will be like the father type. He will take care of you. He will be the one who calls off the other Drill Instructors when he thinks you've had enough. Oh yeah, that's another thing. You don't have only one Drill Instructor. It will be more like three or four. Each with his own purpose. But the Senior Drill Instructor will drive you the hardest. Do not underestimate him.

There will be new names for everything:

Toothbrush: Fang Brush
Pen: Ink Stick

And so forth. Get used to it.

DO NOT, I repeat NOT, SPIT ON THE GROUND! Wait until someone does and watch the Drill Instructors come running to get his ass. That training ground is sacred to Marines. It is where countless Marines were trained and sent off to war. People came before you here to prepare to defend your country. Have respect.

-----

Some people might call the Marines unSatanic. That they're group ethic is against Satanic thought. Fuck them.

-----

#57360 - 09/18/04 11:14 AM Feet [Re: Felstorm]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.
Recruits should tie their boots well. Since they are on their feet about 80 percent of the day, they will wish that they had tied their boots properly in the morning if in the afternoon, their laces are digging into their ankles.

Here's a great tip: Underarm antiperspirant is great for preventing foot blisters. Simply rub on before you put your socks on and away you go. Sweat causes friction between a foot and sock and shoe. Antiperspirant takes away sweat, therefore reducing the risk of blisters.

The Marine Corps changed their uniforms; they don't use the old fashioned wavy black, brown, and green cammies. They use a high tech design that does all sorts of kooky shit. I'm not sure they still use the black jungle boots anymore. I could be wrong.

#57361 - 09/18/04 11:41 AM Re: Feet [Re: Bogey_Man]
Elend Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Netherlands
One other very important thing. Keep your feet DRY at all times. Change your socks often and after long marches take off your socks, rinse your feet with cold water, massage them and put on fresh socks. If you got more then one pair of boots switch them too.

Feet equal progress. If they are fubar, you are done with.

Also a good tip for getting a nice polish on your boots. Steal a couple of nylon stockings from your girlfriend and use those to gloss up your boots. Polish them every day to make sure they stay waterproof.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406368 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements