Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#57410 - 09/17/04 12:57 PM Another Idea
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
The recent death of Johnny Ramone and other posts regarding the passing of various people who are of interest to LttD posters got me thinking.

What do you think of an obituaries forum, where we could talk about those people we admire who depart this mortal coil?

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#57411 - 09/17/04 01:29 PM Re: Another Idea [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Warlock Bell Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada (Québec)
Yes.Personally, I think it a great idea and I would like to participate in an obituaries forum.
Here is the basic “house rule”: When members have conflicting values, they are to go their own way, not wasting energy and time sniping at the members who have selected different methods of applying Satanism to reach personal satisfaction. Quite a simple guideline, we think. However, this is too much to expect from some, usually the ones who never got Satanic Rule of the Earth number 1: “Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.”

Magus Peter H. Gilmore (Rebels Without Cause)

Hail Satan!
Are You One Of Us?
Folding@home Church of Satan
The Devil's Trill
Metal Invaders on Myspace
Radio Free Satan

#57412 - 09/17/04 01:40 PM Re: Another Idea [Re: Warlock Bell]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Well, it might be a quiet forum at times but I have noticed that people often post about their personal "fallen heroes."

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#57413 - 09/18/04 07:11 PM Re: Another Idea [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
ArkhamMiskatonic Offline

I like this idea.
The "spirit" of life lives on only in the bones and minds of others. I personally can name a few decreased de facto Satanists who could be lauded in this section.

Thanks
HS
WH Bean

#57414 - 09/18/04 11:47 PM Re: Another Idea [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Silence Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 29 Palms, CA
It could also be a news forum, since members often post news stories that have to go in the general section...

#57415 - 09/19/04 07:28 AM Re: Another Idea [Re: Silence]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

>>It could also be a news forum, since members often post news stories that have to go in the general section<<

That has been discussed before - and as Magister Ventrue has pointed out - that is what the general forums are for.

I was talking about a specific "obituaries" forum where the worthy dead could be honoured.

"News" can already be posted in one of the relevant forums of corresponding subject matter. It would just clog up the obituaries, I think.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#57416 - 10/01/04 08:28 PM Re: Another Idea [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

I think this is a very good idea.

Richard Avedon died today, a legendary photographer of extraordinary power and influence is gone. One of the last real giants of the 20th Century fashion photography.

A section devoted to obits?

Yes.

#57417 - 10/03/04 09:05 PM Re: Another Idea [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Satanya Offline
Banned

While I do agree that sometimes it feels better to pay respect to the deceased artists one has been influenced by or deeply touched by their work, I also think that to have a section created only for that purpose wouldn't be used as such, it would become more of a mournful palace than anything else, I can foresee every single death of every person who was once on the cover of a magazine being mourned over by thirds who don't even half-know them or their work... it could be fun to watch it going on but to what extent exactly, it'd get old in a week.

#57418 - 10/06/04 03:41 PM Re: Another Idea [Re: Satanya]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

>>I also think that to have a section created only for that purpose wouldn't be used as such, it would become more of a mournful palace than anything else, I can foresee every single death of every person who was once on the cover of a magazine being mourned over by thirds who don't even half-know them or their work.<<

Have you seen all the "dead hero" posts around here lately.

It seems appropriate to have a specific forum for them. People regularly post rememberences but I doubt that anyone would post for the sake of it about people they know little of, nor particularly care about.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#57419 - 10/07/04 08:28 AM Re: Another Idea [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Quote:

... I doubt that anyone would post for the sake of it about people they know little of, nor particularly care about.

I know I wouldn't and you wouldn't, but they would. If Magister Ventrue creates a section like that, watch & see.

#57420 - 10/07/04 10:33 AM Re: Another Idea [Re: Satanya]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

>>I know I wouldn't and you wouldn't, but they would. If Magister Ventrue creates a section like that, watch & see<<

I haven't seen much of that in the member's section.

And in the kennel, if idiots are going to post they post anyway, in any forum.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#57421 - 10/07/04 10:57 AM Re: Another Idea [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Your Forum is in development, it should exist today or tomorrow. It will be in the CoS Members section since I think there will be a better level of respect for our fallen heroes.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#57422 - 10/07/04 11:29 AM Re: Another Idea [Re: Magister Frost]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Wonderful news, Magister Ventrue. Cheers.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#57423 - 10/07/04 12:56 PM Re: Another Idea [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
It has been done ... I welcome you On a Pale Horse ...

From Hell,

Magister Frost

We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#57424 - 10/07/04 04:18 PM Re: Another Idea [Re: Magister Frost]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
..and complete with the most recent posts already re-located! Good show, Magister -- I don't compliment you enough on your work here.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12202 Members
73 Forums
43989 Topics
406086 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements