Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#57978 - 03/06/06 09:57 AM Re: The so called "necronomicon" [Re: raven]
raven Offline

Loc: Connecticut
I also don't know what to do with them. keep them or not? and if not, how do I dispense with them without causing further calamity?

#57979 - 03/06/06 10:58 AM Re: The so called "necronomicon" [Re: raven]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Fly away little bird, this is the wrong tree for you to perch in.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#57980 - 03/06/06 11:04 AM Re: The so called "necronomicon" [Re: raven]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
How did you manage to find a thread that's almost a year and half old? Is there a hack to the search engine or something?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#57981 - 03/06/06 11:20 AM Re: The so called "necronomicon" [Re: Bill_M]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Bill,

Go to any specific forum's main header page and click 'next' in the archives. Or the numbered links.

This will take you quite far back, much more than the six month limit on the search engine.

#57982 - 03/06/06 12:01 PM Re: The so called "necronomicon" [Re: Quaark]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
>>Go to any specific forum's main header page and
>>click 'next' in the archives. Or the numbered links.

Oh I know about THAT. I just didn't think somebody would actually go through the effort of checking through 20 pages of such threads just to dig up an old one and add a sentence. I was wrong!

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#57983 - 03/06/06 12:04 PM Re: The so called "necronomicon" [Re: Bill_M]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Quote:

I just didn't think somebody would actually go through the effort

Well, she is apparently being "cursed" by her books, so she had motivation to find that thread.

#57984 - 03/06/06 12:18 PM Re: The so called "necronomicon" [Re: raven]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Quote:

I also don't know what to do with them. keep them or not? and if not, how do I dispense with them without causing further calamity?

I sold Mine on Amazon, for 99p more than it was worth! (I sold it for 99p, then).

#57985 - 03/06/06 01:31 PM Re: The so called "necronomicon" [Re: raven]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
Was the necronomican a genuine occult grimoire written by the "mad arab" abdul al hazrad in the 11th century ?

Nah !, I think it was written from scratch as a background source material for the cthulu mythos by a bookish, shy scifi/horror author from New England called Howard Philip Lovecraft. I own a copy of one of the updated versions of the necronomican which contains the "original" text plus comments, articles by fans, and enthusiasts of Lovecraft including August Derleth.

I think the idea of owning the book somehow "curses" you is....well.....bullplop quite frankly. Many satanists, chaos magicians, and occultists use some of the cthulu mythology in their rituals and they haven't been plagued by misfortune.

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#57986 - 03/06/06 02:21 PM The curse of the "necronomicon" [Re: raven]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Your bad luck began the moment you spent good money for it!

#57987 - 03/06/06 06:41 PM Re: The so called "necronomicon" [Re: raven]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Quote:

Eat them! Is the only way!

#57988 - 03/06/06 06:48 PM Re: The so called "necronomicon" [Re: Old_Pig]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
You mean chopping them up into little pieces and then subsequently burying them all over the world won't work?

Damnit, now I have to go dig 'em all up!

#57989 - 03/06/06 07:11 PM Bad luck, Indeed! [Re: Nemo]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

Your bad luck began the moment you spent good money for it!

I purchased this book at the age of thirteen.
It's powerful stuff.
In fact, I've been stuck inside my magjickal circle ever since that fateful day, when I summoned "the Watcher."
Now it's just common sense, of course,
that one can't rightfully leave a mah-jick circle without a proper banishment spell.
Alas! -- My necro-tome of black writ had been thoughtlessly left outside the bounds of my protective circle!
Damn you, Mad Arab... Damn you...

Enki, Why hast thou forsaken me?

HS!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#57990 - 03/06/06 08:06 PM Re: The so called "necronomicon" [Re: Linguascelesta]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Quote:

Quote:

I sold Mine on Amazon, for 99p more than it was worth! (I sold it for 99p, then).

Oh, come on now, the paper it is written on must have some value. It can be recycled and used for some useful purpose.

I actually still have my copy. Why? Because it wasn't worth the effort to dispose of it and it acts as a buffer for my other books from falling over on one another

SETI@Home Team

#57991 - 03/08/06 01:42 PM Re: The so called "necronomicon" [Re: Old_Pig]
Carlos Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Eat them! Is the only way!

Mabey she could try rectal-ingestion?

#57992 - 03/09/06 09:09 AM Re: The so called "necronomicon" [Re: sillysatanicname]
man_mind Offline
Banned

http://www.mystae.com/restricted/streams/scripts/necronomicon.html

Whether correct or not, it should answer several of the honest or even dihonest questions people have asked, as to where the ideas came from for the necronomicon, and pretty much all of HPL's ideas.

"Did some Mad Arab write it? Noo."

Of course not. On the very first page of that link, it explains where the name of the arab came from! It also translates the meaning of mad, in arab, to make thing a little more clear for the Cthulhu and Necronomicon enthusiest.

Enjoy!

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
43879 Topics
404436 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements