Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#58252 - 05/16/05 11:44 AM Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: ThrashinHellslut]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

Thank you very much for that link.

Clear use of words is a sign of clear thinking.

All that disregard for the rules to enhance clear communication in any language is a disregard for clear thinking.

Fuzzy thinking is very popular.

It is in the power of any individual to clarify his fuzzy thinking.

There are no reasonable excuses.

HS

#58253 - 05/18/05 04:58 PM Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: Foxred]
oggi Offline

Loc: Finland
Quote:

Your English doesn't have to be perfect.

Then how good it has to be. I know few stammering people, and I still think that they have right to talk(becouse they can't change that), even as it annoys me. I personally draw line to there, where writer understand comment which is answering to and make text, that can be understanded.

#58254 - 06/15/05 10:27 AM Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: oggi]
TM1 Offline

Loc: Mid West, US
Sorry I went to a public school. Learning to be evil was my focus. ha ha

Now I am all paranoid about my grammer.

I get the message. It is good to be alive and corrected, eh.

TM

#58255 - 06/25/05 03:35 PM Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: Svengali]
EroticArtisan Offline

Loc: Las Vegas NV
Greetings,

I wanted to thank you for post. I can not promise You that my grammar or spelling will be flawless, but I will give it my best shot.
I am a newcomer and so far 99% of the time have found gracious welcome among the members of this board, but then I have also not started as of yet to voice my opinion or judgements on anything.
The more I read certain articles (is that correct for postings?), the more I question some of them. I have been reluctant to however disagree or offer up a question for correction.
I am one of those lesser looked at Witches. (If I understood one of the articles correctly, Witchcraft was right up there with Christianity and Wicca - which I don't appreciate at all). However I am forever in the search for more information and learning. I would love to discuss and ask some of questions. Maybe after your wonderful posting, I can find the "courage" to do so.
I do wish to become and be a productive member of this forum and after coming up with the required funds member of the CoS.
So thank you again and I hope that I did not show myself as to ignorant.
Live,learn, make mistakes but take responsibility for them. Laugh loud, cry hard, scream for joy or pain. Don't use words lightly, mean them to the core. If you say LOVE, mean deep love or use like. If you say HATE, mean hate not dislike. There is only one inexcusable act and that is not to be true to yourself and those you love. Treat others the way you want to be treated, but also treat them the way they treat you. Hit me and you better be the ONE I call Master or run. I will not turn the other cheek and if I do you better wonder what is in my mind or hand. Hurt my Children or my beloved Master and You better hide. You ask me what I am.....I AM

#58256 - 07/10/05 09:30 PM Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: Svengali]
chandler Offline

Loc: TX, US
It is because of the involvement of people like you that this forum will survive. It is painful to note that many idiots read broken english with a vocabulary of only a few, monosyllabic words better than they read plain english, but your "call to action" certainly won't deprive them of the opportunity to learn their native language or simply better english.

#58257 - 10/05/05 04:47 PM Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: Svengali]
WinterGoat Offline

Loc: WA State
I must say, after dealing with so many mealy-mouthed idiots for the better part of my life, I find this attitude quite refreshing. I am very glad to have "discovered" Satanism and this message board.

HAIL MAGISTER SVENGALI!
HAIL SATAN!

Albert Schweitzer

They're persecuting what they can't stand to look at in themselves--the truth.

From the song Warlock
by The Electric Hellfire Club

TESLAMAP5

#58258 - 10/08/05 02:58 AM Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: Svengali]
ghostgirl Offline

Loc: Orlando... FL
Really? You may hate me for this... but you sound like a professor lecturing his students on the proper way to submit a paper. I hope this message board does not require proper uses of punctuation and indentation????? Sorry if I offended... to many rules and regulation make a ghostgirl insane

#58259 - 10/08/05 10:24 AM Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: ghostgirl]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I am a bit confused, Ma'am.

Why do you complain of rules and yet you seem so determined to interact with those who follow the rules?

Not to pick on you, I am unable to understand where you are coming from on this idea.

Do those rules not make the posts cleaner and clearer? I like that aspect and I enjoy reading a well-structured post, let alone the intelligence of it.

You seem to dislike "rules.” What are rules in your definition? Everyone abides by rules throughout their life no matter how much of a dissident a person may assume he is.

Rules are part of life and they are set out for reasons. They are not drawn to make life harder or to "poop" on your parade. They are created to make things defined and understandable. If that means it is harder then so be it.

"Life is hard, work harder." That is a motto I like to take to heart.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#58260 - 10/08/05 11:11 AM Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: ghostgirl]
Cholinergic Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: UK
Quote:

I hope this message board does not require proper uses of punctuation and indentation?????

bcos riting like tis l1ke just makes fins dificult to read like and we like to understand wot ur saying like.

Proper grammar is something that should come naturally, at the least it should be done to be polite. I can't understand why people view writing in english as such a burden.

#58261 - 10/08/05 09:29 PM Re: Rules.. [Re: ghostgirl]
Mjollnir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Gone
Quote:

I hope this message board does not require proper uses of punctuation and indentation????? Sorry if I offended... to many rules and regulation make a ghostgirl insane

Maybe you are just in the wrong place. Did you ever think of that??? You seem to be having a hard time here. Perhaps there is a reason for this. Why is it that you feel you shouldn't have to follow the rules?

As I stated in your introduction..

Quote:

Reading through the forums here will give you a good idea of what this board is all about. Doing so will also make it clear whether this board is for you or not. Feel free to make posts and replies. Yes, there are rules, but they are there for good reasons.

Perhaps this message board is not for you, Ghost Girl.

#58262 - 10/08/05 10:35 PM Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: ghostgirl]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Is it really that hard to write well? I find it much simpler than trying to use slangy "netspeak."

It may not be strictly required by forum rules that you follow correct writing procedure, but you will never be taken seriously if you cannot even muster readable, serious writing. See Dr. LaVey's humorous essay "Writter's Block".

#58263 - 10/27/05 10:38 AM Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: Svengali]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Posts like THIS are the reason this thread was necessary:

Quote:

ryt so its all wel n gud. ur satanists hu apparently want to become one with mother earth bla bla bla...bt da question i put to u is...wat makes u think wat u put out n beleve is tru? u say u want us 'foolish' christians to listen to u n realise that wat YOU say is ryt...but how do u no? wat concrete evidence can u supply 2 me a christian dat u ppl are ryt an dat us stupid ppl are livin a lyf of untruth n misery? i challenge u...

Enough said?
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#58264 - 11/01/05 07:20 PM Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: Svengali]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Or this:

Quote:

how can you think that ! i am a very educated satanist.how can you derive such an insult based on a question like mine. i am simply seeking the location of cos .i visit cos .com everyday i have all of dr laveys works how could u juge me based on question of location.

"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini

#58265 - 11/02/05 11:14 AM Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: Svengali]
novusopiate Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
I personally see it as more of a burden to type in non-standard English. Any type of "net speak" of "1337 sp34k" is not only annoying, but frankly more time consuming than establishing a clear and concise message. As a new comer not only to this forum, but forums in general, I find it sad that posts like this have become a necessity. Although, since it is needed, I thank you for pointing out this easily avoidable issue.

#58266 - 11/02/05 11:16 AM Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: novusopiate]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

That gibberish is like a neon sign saying “I AM A RETARD.”

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404438 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements