Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: ThrashinHellslut] #58252
05/16/05 04:44 PM
05/16/05 04:44 PM
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra
Isabel23  Offline
CoS Magistra

Thank you very much for that link.

Clear use of words is a sign of clear thinking.

All that disregard for the rules to enhance clear communication in any language is a disregard for clear thinking.

Fuzzy thinking is very popular.

It is in the power of any individual to clarify his fuzzy thinking.

There are no reasonable excuses.

HS

Isabel
CoS Magistra
Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: Foxred] #58253
05/18/05 09:58 PM
05/18/05 09:58 PM
Finland
oggi Offline
oggi  Offline

Finland
Quote:

Your English doesn't have to be perfect.

Then how good it has to be. I know few stammering people, and I still think that they have right to talk(becouse they can't change that), even as it annoys me. I personally draw line to there, where writer understand comment which is answering to and make text, that can be understanded.

"You fool, you wanderer You challenged the gods and lost" -nightwish
Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: oggi] #58254
06/15/05 03:27 PM
06/15/05 03:27 PM
Mid West, US
T
TM1 Offline
TM1  Offline
T

Mid West, US
Sorry I went to a public school. Learning to be evil was my focus. ha ha

Now I am all paranoid about my grammer.

I get the message. It is good to be alive and corrected, eh.

TM

Throw your clocks away. The truth is Now
Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: Svengali] #58255
06/25/05 08:35 PM
06/25/05 08:35 PM
Las Vegas NV
EroticArtisan Offline
EroticArtisan  Offline

Las Vegas NV
Greetings,

I wanted to thank you for post. I can not promise You that my grammar or spelling will be flawless, but I will give it my best shot.
I am a newcomer and so far 99% of the time have found gracious welcome among the members of this board, but then I have also not started as of yet to voice my opinion or judgements on anything.
The more I read certain articles (is that correct for postings?), the more I question some of them. I have been reluctant to however disagree or offer up a question for correction.
I am one of those lesser looked at Witches. (If I understood one of the articles correctly, Witchcraft was right up there with Christianity and Wicca - which I don't appreciate at all). However I am forever in the search for more information and learning. I would love to discuss and ask some of questions. Maybe after your wonderful posting, I can find the "courage" to do so.
I do wish to become and be a productive member of this forum and after coming up with the required funds member of the CoS.
So thank you again and I hope that I did not show myself as to ignorant.

Live,learn, make mistakes but take responsibility for them. Laugh loud, cry hard, scream for joy or pain. Don't use words lightly, mean them to the core. If you say LOVE, mean deep love or use like. If you say HATE, mean hate not dislike. There is only one inexcusable act and that is not to be true to yourself and those you love. Treat others the way you want to be treated, but also treat them the way they treat you. Hit me and you better be the ONE I call Master or run. I will not turn the other cheek and if I do you better wonder what is in my mind or hand. Hurt my Children or my beloved Master and You better hide. You ask me what I am.....I AM
Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: Svengali] #58256
07/11/05 02:30 AM
07/11/05 02:30 AM
TX, US
chandler Offline
chandler  Offline

TX, US
It is because of the involvement of people like you that this forum will survive. It is painful to note that many idiots read broken english with a vocabulary of only a few, monosyllabic words better than they read plain english, but your "call to action" certainly won't deprive them of the opportunity to learn their native language or simply better english.

Do you feel like you're being kept in the dark but can't quite put your finger on it? Well, too bad.
Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: Svengali] #58257
10/05/05 09:47 PM
10/05/05 09:47 PM
WA State
WinterGoat Offline
WinterGoat  Offline

WA State
I must say, after dealing with so many mealy-mouthed idiots for the better part of my life, I find this attitude quite refreshing. I am very glad to have "discovered" Satanism and this message board.

HAIL MAGISTER SVENGALI!
HAIL SATAN!

Every man has to seek in his own way
to make his own self more noble
and to realize his own true worth.

Albert Schweitzer

They're persecuting what they can't stand to look at in themselves--the truth.

From the song Warlock
by The Electric Hellfire Club

TESLAMAP5
Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: Svengali] #58258
10/08/05 07:58 AM
10/08/05 07:58 AM
Orlando... FL
G
ghostgirl Offline
ghostgirl  Offline
G

Orlando... FL
Really? You may hate me for this... but you sound like a professor lecturing his students on the proper way to submit a paper. I hope this message board does not require proper uses of punctuation and indentation????? Sorry if I offended... to many rules and regulation make a ghostgirl insane

Every good ghostgirl must have her party
Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: ghostgirl] #58259
10/08/05 03:24 PM
10/08/05 03:24 PM
Forever West
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock
Discipline  Offline
CoS Warlock

Forever West
I am a bit confused, Ma'am.

Why do you complain of rules and yet you seem so determined to interact with those who follow the rules?

Not to pick on you, I am unable to understand where you are coming from on this idea.

Do those rules not make the posts cleaner and clearer? I like that aspect and I enjoy reading a well-structured post, let alone the intelligence of it.

You seem to dislike "rules.” What are rules in your definition? Everyone abides by rules throughout their life no matter how much of a dissident a person may assume he is.

Rules are part of life and they are set out for reasons. They are not drawn to make life harder or to "poop" on your parade. They are created to make things defined and understandable. If that means it is harder then so be it.

"Life is hard, work harder." That is a motto I like to take to heart.

"I've learned . . . that life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes." ~Andy Rooney

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman
Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: ghostgirl] #58260
10/08/05 04:11 PM
10/08/05 04:11 PM
UK
Cholinergic Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>
Cholinergic  Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

UK
Quote:

I hope this message board does not require proper uses of punctuation and indentation?????

bcos riting like tis l1ke just makes fins dificult to read like and we like to understand wot ur saying like.

Proper grammar is something that should come naturally, at the least it should be done to be polite. I can't understand why people view writing in english as such a burden.

Yes, I named myself after a neurotransmitter
Re: Rules.. [Re: ghostgirl] #58261
10/09/05 02:29 AM
10/09/05 02:29 AM
Gone
Mjollnir Offline
CoS Member
Mjollnir  Offline
CoS Member

Gone
Quote:

I hope this message board does not require proper uses of punctuation and indentation????? Sorry if I offended... to many rules and regulation make a ghostgirl insane

Maybe you are just in the wrong place. Did you ever think of that??? You seem to be having a hard time here. Perhaps there is a reason for this. Why is it that you feel you shouldn't have to follow the rules?

As I stated in your introduction..

Quote:

Reading through the forums here will give you a good idea of what this board is all about. Doing so will also make it clear whether this board is for you or not. Feel free to make posts and replies. Yes, there are rules, but they are there for good reasons.

Perhaps this message board is not for you, Ghost Girl.

Please delete my content! I am no longer affiliated with COS or any other religion. I know you have the ability to remove my content, so please do so. I won't be returning.
Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: ghostgirl] #58262
10/09/05 03:35 AM
10/09/05 03:35 AM
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest
Hagen von Tronje  Offline

CoS Priest

Is it really that hard to write well? I find it much simpler than trying to use slangy "netspeak."

It may not be strictly required by forum rules that you follow correct writing procedure, but you will never be taken seriously if you cannot even muster readable, serious writing. See Dr. LaVey's humorous essay "Writter's Block".

"The devil I'll bring you," answered Hagen. "I have enough to carry with my shield and breastplate; my helm is bright, the sword is in my hand, therefore I bring you naught."
Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: Svengali] #58263
10/27/05 03:38 PM
10/27/05 03:38 PM
Florida, U.S.A.
Svengali Offline OP
CoS Magister
Svengali  Offline OP
CoS Magister

Florida, U.S.A.
Posts like THIS are the reason this thread was necessary:

Quote:

ryt so its all wel n gud. ur satanists hu apparently want to become one with mother earth bla bla bla...bt da question i put to u is...wat makes u think wat u put out n beleve is tru? u say u want us 'foolish' christians to listen to u n realise that wat YOU say is ryt...but how do u no? wat concrete evidence can u supply 2 me a christian dat u ppl are ryt an dat us stupid ppl are livin a lyf of untruth n misery? i challenge u...

Enough said?

Live and Let Die.
"If I have to choose between defending the wolf or the dog, I choose the wolf, especially when he is bleeding." -- Jaques Verges
"I may have my faults, but being wrong ain't one of them." -- Jimmy Hoffa
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog
Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: Svengali] #58264
11/02/05 01:20 AM
11/02/05 01:20 AM
Florida, U.S.A.
Svengali Offline OP
CoS Magister
Svengali  Offline OP
CoS Magister

Florida, U.S.A.
Or this:

Quote:

how can you think that ! i am a very educated satanist.how can you derive such an insult based on a question like mine. i am simply seeking the location of cos .i visit cos .com everyday i have all of dr laveys works how could u juge me based on question of location.

Live and Let Die.
"If I have to choose between defending the wolf or the dog, I choose the wolf, especially when he is bleeding." -- Jaques Verges
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: Svengali] #58265
11/02/05 05:14 PM
11/02/05 05:14 PM
Texas, USA
novusopiate Offline
novusopiate  Offline

Texas, USA
I personally see it as more of a burden to type in non-standard English. Any type of "net speak" of "1337 sp34k" is not only annoying, but frankly more time consuming than establishing a clear and concise message. As a new comer not only to this forum, but forums in general, I find it sad that posts like this have become a necessity. Although, since it is needed, I thank you for pointing out this easily avoidable issue.

"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives." A. Sachs
Re: THE BURDEN OF COMMUNICATION [Re: novusopiate] #58266
11/02/05 05:16 PM
11/02/05 05:16 PM
Florida, U.S.A.
Svengali Offline OP
CoS Magister
Svengali  Offline OP
CoS Magister

Florida, U.S.A.
That gibberish is like a neon sign saying “I AM A RETARD.”

Live and Let Die.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Forum Statistics
Forums73
Topics44,553
Posts407,979
Members13,362
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.018s Queries: 15 (0.007s) Memory: 1.5305 MB (Peak: 1.8789 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-10-16 11:56:41 UTC