Topic Options
#59027 - 09/28/04 07:32 AM Bus Drivers Vow to Rape Girls in Mini-Skirts
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
More madness from Africa:

'Rape a suitable punishment for mini-skirts'

Bus conductors in Swaziland have vowed to assault and rape female passengers who wear mini-skirts, sparking outrage among women's groups in the conservative African kingdom.

The threat followed this week's arrest of two conductors and a bus driver who were charged with indecently assaulting an 18-year-old high school pupil.

The pupil was attacked at a bus rank in Manzini, Swaziland's commercial centre, by a group of men who shouted at her for wearing a miniskirt, cut it off and then gangraped her, witnesses told local media.

About 1 000 women marched on the bus rank on Thursday to protest against the attack.

'Women who wear miniskirts want to be raped, and we will give them what they want'
They were met by bus crews carrying signs reading: "We'll get them with our brushes" - a reference to the reported use of a brush handle in the rape.

A bus conductor calling himself only Licandza said: "Women who wear miniskirts want to be raped, and we will give them what they want."

The bus drivers banned miniskirts on buses earlier in the year, saying they were distracting and encouraged lustful thoughts.

Although there have been incidents of women having their clothes ripped off at the bus rank, this was the first reported case of rape.

"This is madness. This has no place in modern society," said Nomhlanhla Dlamini, director of a local NGO, the Swaziland Action Group Against Abuse.

'This is madness. This has no place in modern society'
Dlamini said three women had since come forward to her group to report being raped at the bus rank earlier this year.

"We are talking to the bus owners. We want them to make a code of conduct. We are urging the Road Transportation Board to revoke the operating licences of the involved buses," she said.

The kingdom does not have a state transport system and relies on privately owned minibus taxis to fill the gap.

Police who were criticised by the pupil's grandmother for being slow to arrive on the scene, said they would be vigilant in case of a repeat of the incident.

"No one has a right to harass anyone because of what the person is wearing," Superintendent Vusie Masuku said.

Swazi women generally wear modern Western clothing and have worn mini-skirts since the 1960s although the government at one stage considered banning them on moral grounds.

Some tribal chiefs, however, do ban women wearing miniskirts in their areas.

The governor of the royal village Ludzidzini, the most powerful traditional figure in the kingdom, has stopped women from wearing trousers in the village and at the royal palaces.

Speakers at the protest said the attack was symptomatic of a society that discriminated against women.

"There is a connection between customs that say we cannot own property or be parties to legal contracts, and bus conductors who want to dominate us by telling us what to wear," said one speaker.

The government said it condemned the crime.

"What the young woman was subjected to could be tantamount to murder, as the health status of the perpetrators is not known," Prime Minister Themba Dlamini said.

Swaziland is ruled by sub-Saharan Africa's last absolute monarch and has one of the highest rates of HIV and Aids in the world. - Reuters

SOURCE
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#59028 - 09/28/04 01:28 PM Re: Bus Drivers Vow to Rape Girls in Mini-Skirts [Re: Svengali]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Ugh, more idiocy. Methinks many of those morons would rape a girl in pants, and are just seeking a moral excuse to act out while being able to polish a goodguy badge.

It's no secret why this place has the highest rates of HIV and AIDS, and if this is a common attitude, why Africa itself has such high rates of disease, poverty, suffering, starvation, and brutality.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#59029 - 09/29/04 01:48 AM Re: Bus Drivers Vow to Rape Girls in Mini-Skirts [Re: TrojZyr]
Spitt Offline

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
And yet again male herd members flaunt their stupidity. You'll notice that they fear their own lustful thoughts; reminds me of Adam's line, "The woman tempted me." Avoidance of personal responsibility, anyone? For the record I, love mini skirts and the lustful thoughts they inspire. ! Those guys need to get a grip on themselves . . . pun definetly intended.

#59030 - 09/29/04 05:15 AM Re: Bus Drivers Vow to Rape Girls in Mini-Skirts [Re: Svengali]
Swordsman Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Sheer insanity, there are no other words for this.

Which religion do these fools follow anyway? Islam I thought, hmm, interesting if that were true and it got out to Christian rightwinged Americans. All of a sudden I picture Bush attacking Africa. Ofcourse, the numbnut would have to be re-elected for that, but hey, he's ahead in the polls already.

If this shit really hits the fan the stains might prove interesting.
'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity' - Bullet Tooth Tony 'when I die, I will instruct the undertakers to put a bell on my tombstone, just so I can have the pleasure of not getting up when people ring' - Dr. Mossy Lawn

#59031 - 09/29/04 08:16 AM Re: Bus Drivers Vow to Rape Girls in Mini-Skirts [Re: Swordsman]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Islam? In Swaziland? Not likely. According to the CIA Factbook (though the edition I'm checking is a couple of years old), Swaziland is about 60% Christian and 40% indigenous beliefs.

Regardless of what these guys happen to profess, this looks like the kind of mentality that hasn't really been influenced by missionaries.

#59037 - 09/29/04 12:09 PM Re: Bus Drivers Vow to Rape Girls in Mini-Skirts [Re: Svengali]
Asmedious Offline

If that was my daughter, there would be a few less people driving buses there.

#59038 - 09/29/04 12:22 PM Bus Drivers Vow to Practice Safe Rape? [Re: TrojZyr]
Professor_Sinister Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Quote:

It's no secret why this place has the highest rates of HIV and AIDS

I always thought that it had more to do with dirty needles than with sex.

After all, *you* try telling a missionary in the mid 80's that they have to use sterile needles for every single shot when they're trying to immunise a village full of children against polio and they don't have enough needles or the proper equipment to re-use them safely.

Not to mention the possibility that the vaccine itself may have been contaminated with SIV.

#59040 - 09/29/04 06:53 PM Re: Bus Drivers Vow to Rape Girls in Mini-Skirts [Re: Spitt]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Well put.

Fundies of all stripes tend to blame their iniquities and obsessions on the objects of those iniquities and obsessions, as if those objects "cause" people to do, think, and say things against their will. If an ankle makes you horny, why, then, you need to make sure that bitch covers her ankle---no need to analyze yourself and "get a grip," since she started it!

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#59042 - 09/29/04 07:05 PM Re: Bus Drivers Vow to Rape Girls in Mini-Skirts [Re: Spitt]
Helliott Offline

Loc: VA
it sounds to me as if the male bus drivers are giving in to their lusty desires, not fearing them. Glad thats not the case here in america.
"I come from hell, presently, to take you there!" -Edward "Blackbeard" Teach "You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!" "What must one do to become blessed? That I do not know, but I say to you: 'Be Blessed, and then do whatever you please." -Friedrich Nietzsche

#59045 - 09/30/04 12:43 AM Re: Bus Drivers Vow to Rape Girls in Mini-Skirts [Re: Svengali]
Jay Offline

Loc: Bloomfield, NJ, USA
They'll allow it until the rich start having to deal with it. Then they'll have some dominate force come in to get them up to speed on what the meaning of civilized is. Worst come to worst (well at least I think it'd be a bad scenario), someone will probably get Bush to go there with this war on terrorism before his time is up (even though I dislike Bush, I prefer him to his competition which disturbs me on a few different levels).

#59046 - 09/30/04 08:32 AM Re: Bus Drivers Vow to Rape Girls in Mini-Skirts [Re: reprobate]
Swordsman Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Ah, I see. thanks for the clarification.

Quote:

Regardless of what these guys happen to profess, this looks like the kind of mentality that hasn't really been influenced by missionaries.

Agreed. Plain old human stupidity.

Let's just castrate the bastards and be done with it.
'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity' - Bullet Tooth Tony 'when I die, I will instruct the undertakers to put a bell on my tombstone, just so I can have the pleasure of not getting up when people ring' - Dr. Mossy Lawn

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43981 Topics
406048 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements