Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#59212 - 09/29/04 09:17 AM Beginning of a new dress code or dress fad?
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Father: Teacher duct taped student’s sagging pants

-The Associated Press

DUNLAP, Ind. — The father of a seventh-grader claims an assistant principal came up with a bizarre way to keep his son’s pants from sagging in school: duct tape. Scott Allison told the Concord School Board earlier this month that his 12-year-old son, Spencer, was ordered by a teacher to lift his shirt after she noticed the boy’s underwear was showing above his pants, a violation of Concord Junior High School’s dress code. She sent him to Assistant Principal Patricia Walters, who told Spencer to pull up his pants and tuck in his shirt, Allison said. ‘‘She then proceeded to duct tape his waist, three times around the waist,’’ said Allison. ‘‘Then she sent him back to class, in front of his peers.’’ He said he worried his son would be mocked by his classmates at the school in the town about 20 miles east of South Bend. ‘‘This outrages me and shocks me,’’ Allison said. Allison also said that Spencer’s underwear would not have been exposed if the shirt was left down. ‘‘I don’t understand what motivated her to ask him to lift up his shirt,’’ he said. Board President Randall Myers said the board would not discuss personnel issues in public. Junior high Principal Kevin Caird said student discipline is confidential.

Source

#59213 - 09/29/04 10:30 AM Re: Beginning of a new dress code or dress fad? [Re: Nemo]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
So while you can no longer give bad students "the belt", I guess you can at least make them WEAR one.

"That's one of the first rules we learn, is that the underwear goes INSIDE the clothes. That's why it's called UNDER-fucking-wear. Pull up your pants!" - Denis Leary

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#59214 - 09/29/04 12:38 PM Re: Beginning of a new dress code or dress fad? [Re: Nemo]
Mike_Hargis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Bensalem, PA (Philly 'burbs)
If poor little Spencer wasn't embarrassed to go to school with his pants falling down, why would he be embarrassed by a duct tape belt? This is why the wiggerizing of America must be stopped!

www.myspace.com/satanist_in_pa
www.massagespace.net/Details/CMT-in-NE-Philly
www.brightfuse.com/mikehargis
www.facebook.com/people/Mike_Hargis/1381346496

#59215 - 09/29/04 12:57 PM Re: Beginning of a new dress code or dress fad? [Re: Nemo]
EnlightenedOne Offline

Loc: NY
Next, of course, comes the multi-million dollar lawsuit because poor little Spencer's very fragile psyche has been damaged. He will most certainly have years and years of trauma, complete with masochistic daydreams of Ms. Walters and her roll of duct tape, rendering him completely unable to function as a "normal" male! Poor, poor Spencer...

#59216 - 09/29/04 02:41 PM Re: Beginning of a new dress code or dress fad? [Re: Nemo]
Coronach Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Greece
Standing in line at the food store the other day, I was thinking of this absurd fad. I think it might be profitable to market trousers that have an extra long crotch section, to give the appearance of "I'm too poor to buy a belt", while still having the waistband located in the proper place.

Anyway...

#59217 - 09/29/04 02:42 PM Re: Beginning of a new dress code or dress fad? [Re: Nemo]
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Loc: San Diego, CA
Though I find this extremely funny, I also think the schools actions are moronic.

People should be allowed to look retarded if they want to. Dressing up a moron in another manner does not change the fact that he is a moron.

Furthermore, generation after generation of "adults" have complained about the manner of dress worn by generation after generation of thier children.

"Adults" should find more relavant things to get thier panties in a bunch about if you ask me.

"Well done is better than well said"

- Benjamin Franklin

#59218 - 09/29/04 06:45 PM Re: Beginning of a new dress code or dress fad? [Re: Nemo]
CannibalSpirit Offline

Loc: Lima, Perú
Idiocy at its best (or worst?), courtesy of the school's personnel.

#59219 - 09/29/04 06:48 PM Re: Beginning of a new dress code or dress fad? [Re: CannibalSpirit]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

Heh.

And guess what they are teaching yet another generation of morons!

It all seems to add up to -- spend all your energy getting knotted up over irrelevant stuff, and ignore the little men behind the screen over there......

#59220 - 09/29/04 06:50 PM Re: Beginning of a new dress code or dress fad? [Re: C_D_McKinna]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Agreed 100%, CD. I believe that students should generally be free to dress as they see fit, no matter how stupid their choice in style is. I think measuring hems and duct-taping pants and rooting out "satanic slogans" on shirts is largely a waste of time and energy, and a violation of general freedom, not to mention, it circumvents a possible learning experience wherein a person might independently decide that their style is stupid.

In this case, the kid will probably be more adamant about low-riding, because it pissed off the adults, and that's "cool."

Still, it's a funny story, and I think the kid got what he was asking for. Actually, what really surprises me is that more people don't yank down or pull up wiggers' pants, because I always have this urge to do so.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#59221 - 09/29/04 08:30 PM Re: Beginning of a new dress code or dress fad? [Re: Nemo]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
Quote:

He said he worried his son would be mocked by his classmates at the school in the town about 20 miles east of South Bend

Oh the horror! Kids mocking each other!? What's next, bullies beating up students for their lunch money?

If the kid was so eager to show off his boxers, why not go pantless? If Pops was worried about his son being singled out, maybe he too can go around in underoos, it'll make for that good father-son bonding moment I hear so much about.

Thank you Magister, I had a good laugh. Maybe we'll see this in the next "Million uses for Duct Tape" book.

#59222 - 09/29/04 08:47 PM 102 uses for duct tape [Re: Solomon]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
>>If the kid was so eager to show off his boxers, why not
>>go pantless?

Or maybe just wear a pair of boxers on his head!

No, wait a minute: you can't wear hats at school. Damn.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#59223 - 09/29/04 10:22 PM Re: Beginning of a new dress code or dress fad? [Re: Nemo]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
GOOD! Maybe he'll learn to keep his pants up!
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#59224 - 09/29/04 10:26 PM Re: Beginning of a new dress code or dress fad? [Re: EnlightenedOne]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
Be careful what you wish for. The way things go these days, that just might happen.
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#59225 - 09/29/04 11:07 PM Re: Beginning of a new dress code or dress fad? [Re: Nemo]
simasud666 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New York, USA
Gee they should have just sent the child to the P. V. Moore High School where duct tape is a norm.

It is nothing to walk around my childrens high school and see duct tape holding down the carpeting, cracks in walls, lose lights, scraped up lunch tables etc..

On school spirit day, my children dress them selves up in old cloths with holes or rips in them and stick duct tape all over them. There for this kid would have fit right in here at our school district.

This was a very funny story and I had a good laugh.

#59226 - 09/29/04 11:12 PM Re: Beginning of a new dress code or dress fad? [Re: Nemo]
Adveser Offline

Loc: California
My overall reaction is "Why have a dress code that serves no other function but to control what students look like?" When i went to high school, the dress code was never enforced and there everyone was happy with that. Some people may have looked stupid, but that was thier choice and not the schools, if it wasn't distracting/offending anyone, no one cared. Above all, if a student is serious, they aren't going to let something dumb distract them from thier purpose.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406368 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements