Topic Options
#60074 - 10/05/04 05:32 AM Search anomalies.
Entity Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: Avalon UK
I have noticed that the "last 24 hour" and "show all users posts" functions often return the following error message:

"You cannot make another search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page."

A Safari/Mac OS X issue?

Nothing is better than to live according to one's taste. - François Villon

Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#60075 - 10/19/04 09:29 PM Re: Search anomalies. [Re: Entity]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Quote:

I have noticed that the "last 24 hour" and "show all users posts" functions often return the following error message:

"You cannot make another search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page."

A Safari/Mac OS X issue?

I have had exactly the same problem ever since the latest (most excellent) upgrade.

I am running Win98 and IE 6.0.2800, so it wouldn't appear to be completely OS/browser specific.

This is the last apparent bug to persist on my configuration, all the others have been resolved at least on my machine.

A thank you to Magister Ventrue for all of his hard work: LttD is the most elegant/supercharged/just plain cool message board system online I know of.

The thermal conductivity of helium II is greater than that of any other known substance, a million times that of helium I and hundred of times that of copper. This is because heat conduction occurs via a quantum mechanism.

Second sound is a quantum mechanical phenomenon in which heat transfer occurs by wave-like motion, rather than by the usual mechanism of diffusion. Heat takes the place of pressure in normal sound waves. This leads to very high thermal conductivity. It's known as "second sound" because the wave motion of heat is similar to the propagation of sound in air.

Sound waves are fluctuations in the density of molecules in a substance; second sound waves are fluctuations in the density of phonons. Second sound can be observed in any system in which most phonon-phonon collisions conserve momentum. This occurs in superfluids and in dielectric crystals when Umklapp scattering is small.

#60076 - 10/20/04 10:47 AM Re: Search anomalies. [Re: Quaark]
Entity Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: Avalon UK
Quote:

A thank you to Magister Ventrue for all of his hard work: LttD is the most elegant/supercharged/just plain cool message board system online I know of.

Indeed, for every minor bug or issue with LttD, there are thousands of things that Magister Ventrue got right first time.

I second your thanks and compliments, Daark.

Nothing is better than to live according to one's taste. - François Villon

Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#60077 - 10/21/04 03:00 PM Re: Search anomalies. [Re: Entity]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I've made some timing changes let me know if this problem still exists.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
---------------------------------------
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#60078 - 11/05/04 11:17 AM Re: Search anomalies. [Re: Magister Frost]
Satanya Offline
Banned

I have had that error message show whilst attempting to get results from the "show all under 6 months", which I tried opting for when the option "show all under 1 year" displayed a message error saying that as far back as one could go is 6 months.

#60079 - 11/14/04 04:34 PM Re: Search anomalies. [Re: Satanya]
ror Offline
CoS Member

Loc: DracUR, Kalifornien: Yay Area
To coincide with Satanya's post...

I collect certain user's posts and I noticed that the search function has been limited to 200 of the latest posts per user. Though going into deeper threads I can find the posts I need, is there a way to extend the search to more than 200 posts per user?

Thank you for your time.

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43641 Topics
404159 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements