Topic Options
#60080 - 10/05/04 07:54 AM Read posts in threads still marked unread
laksefisker Offline

Loc: Norway
Whenever I read unread posts in a thread (the ones with the yellow folder), they're still marked unread for the duration of my stay. In the forum, the thread itself is marked as read (with a white folder). All the counters work fine too. It's just that inside threads, no post is ever marked unread untill I log off and log back on.

I'm running Mozilla 1.7.2 under FreeBSD/amd64 5.3-BETA6. I have tried the cookie reset, as well as clearing my browser cache. Mozilla 1.7.2 under WinXP SP2 works just fine.

This has me really puzzled, as I'm having a similar problem (except in reverse - new threads aren't marked at all) at another php-based forum. Seeing as how php is a server-side language, it leads me to think that it's a cookie issue, but it certainly manifests itself peculiarly!

#60081 - 10/05/04 06:27 PM Re: Read posts in threads still marked unread [Re: laksefisker]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
5 Oct XXXIX A.S.

Same problem. Tried everything. Running Safari.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43882 Topics
404448 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements