Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#61261 - 10/14/04 12:50 PM Hand Written TSB
LeftHandJive Offline

I did a search on this particular topic and didn't come up with anything so I decided to post one myself. I was considering hand-writing my TSB into a journal type form for my own usage as well as my TSR. Being a private person out in the open, it seems to be a wonderful way to study and absorb these two tomes without unwanted input from the herd.

Has anyone else here considered such an endeavor or actually gone through with it?

Would welcome input on this.

HS!

#61262 - 10/14/04 12:55 PM Re: Hand Written TSB [Re: LeftHandJive]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Why not just save the time and rip the cover and title pages off. That would prevent the "curious" from seeing the title of the book.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#61263 - 10/14/04 02:19 PM Re: Hand Written TSB [Re: Magister Frost]
Nogitsune Offline

Loc: N. Region of the W. World
Am I the only one here who would think reading a book that has no cover would appear somewhat suspicious?

If you truly wish to read the tome without attracting much attention why not simply make a book cover that would conceal the books title, such as a dust cover? If you’re feeling exceptionally crafty you could disguise it as the cover of a discrete book that would not attract as much attention to begin with…
Within the eye of the storm of conformity, creativity runs rampant. The key then, is to surround yourself with the shaven fools if one is to truly be free. -Nogi The death rate on Earth is: .... (computing) .... One per person.

#61264 - 10/14/04 03:22 PM Re: Hand Written TSB [Re: Nogitsune]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

It might but as a teenager, I had done it this way with no problems. As long as you do not appear to be hiding anything people usually do not give a second glance at a coverless book as they do not want to waste the time asking about it. Where as if it had a cover the name would draw them to it and they would have a reason to bother you, with a coverless they could inquire about it only to find out it is a boring mystery novel and then they would have wasted their time, so 99% never ask.

The Book cover idea is also a good idea, cover it with a stephen king novel cover, no one ever asks about those anymore.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#61265 - 10/14/04 04:35 PM Re: Hand Written TSB [Re: Magister Frost]
killerbeef Offline

I was thinking about collaging the cover of mine so I can read it at work. I like to customize almost everything I own so its gonna be fun

#61266 - 10/14/04 04:57 PM Re: Hand Written TSB [Re: LeftHandJive]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
I've tossed the idea around as well. If you have any skills as an artist, you can add your own illustrations as you see fit. Also, perhaps more fitting for TSR rather than TSB, since this is for personal use, you could include rituals you author yourself at the end. (Or really, anywhere you see fit.)

But in the meantime, if you're trying to keep the herd from bothering you while you're reading, why not just go to a private location? Why, I don't think I've ever been in a public restroom stall and heard someone next to me say "Good book?"

#61267 - 10/14/04 10:29 PM Re: Hand Written TSB [Re: LeftHandJive]
LeftHandJive Offline

I appreciate all the input I have received. Although, I would have to say that tearing the covers off my TSB and TSR would be like tearing my own limbs off. They are the most cherished books that sit upon my bookshelf.

Thanks to everyone.

#61268 - 10/14/04 10:35 PM Re: Hand Written TSB [Re: LeftHandJive]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

But they are just that.. books.. buy another set.. and keep those on your book shelf and then do what you want to the others. Again just books, they can be replaced.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#61269 - 10/14/04 10:49 PM Re: Hand Written TSB [Re: Magister Frost]
LeftHandJive Offline

....good point....

Thanks again for your input, Magister.

#61270 - 10/14/04 10:58 PM Re: Hand Written TSB [Re: LeftHandJive]
Mr. Fox Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
I must say that I agree fully with Magister Venture. While TSB,TSR, & TSW, are all excellent texts written by our illustrious and wise founder placing so much importance on a text with no danger of leaving print is not so disimilar to our christian counterparts deifying their own bibles. While I'm sure Doktor La Vey would appreciate your respect for his work, I do believe he would not wish for you to spend countless hours copying text like a medieval monk hopelessly devoted to imaginary gods. But I digress, as i tend to find myself making a short story long. In the end, you must do what makes YOU happy of course. Yet in my opinion, go out into the world LeftHandJive, and do not fear the cattle, if they choose to MOO in your direction.....simply tip the heifer. That should do the trick. I am sure you will find the right answer for you.

Hail Satan!
Hail The Citizens Of The Infernal Empire!

#61271 - 10/14/04 11:25 PM Re: Hand Written TSB [Re: LeftHandJive]
Nogitsune Offline

Loc: N. Region of the W. World
Keep in mind, as great as The Satanic Bible is, much of what was written in it should already come naturally to you. Unless you need a written reminder as to what you are, I fail to see why you would spend the time to transcribe its contents into a notebook for study in a public location.

However, as you seem to see it as a worthwhile endeavor, might I reiterate my suggestion of disguising the cover? If your goal is to avoid attracting attention due to the book's title, then my solution would seem to be both the least destructive and the most effective.
Within the eye of the storm of conformity, creativity runs rampant. The key then, is to surround yourself with the shaven fools if one is to truly be free. -Nogi The death rate on Earth is: .... (computing) .... One per person.

#61272 - 10/15/04 12:03 AM Re: Hand Written TSB [Re: LeftHandJive]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Quote:

I appreciate all the input I have received. Although, I would have to say that tearing the covers off my TSB and TSR would be like tearing my own limbs off. They are the most cherished books that sit upon my bookshelf.

Thanks to everyone.

I understand how you feel, because I'm too a lover of books, and it hurts me to see one mutilated. But there are simple alternatives to that.

One is to have two copies of the Satanic Bible. (That would be not a big sacrifice, since its price is not too high) One you will keep in pristine condition on your bookshelf and the other you can "edit" by changing the cover or doing any necessary modifications.

The other option is to do something that doesn't actually damages the book, like putting another book's dust cover over your Satanic Bible or just wrapping the cover with some nice, plain colored paper.

#61273 - 10/15/04 04:20 AM Re: Hand Written TSB [Re: LeftHandJive]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
This post actually inspired me to remove the covers from my copies and replace the covers with hand-crafted hardbacks.

I'm thinking I'll just use sturdy cardboard and velvet, but I'm also thinking that maybe adding faux jewels or an inexpensive Baphomet medallion to the front would be a nice touch.

If I go through with this, I'm definately posting photos in the "Art" section.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#61274 - 10/15/04 04:36 AM Re: Hand Written TSB [Re: LeftHandJive]
DBlackthorne Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: The Infernal Empire
I believe you may find this link of some interest.

#61275 - 10/15/04 10:59 AM Re: Hand Written TSB [Re: DBlackthorne]
LeftHandJive Offline

Mr. Blackthorne,

Thank you for that wonderful link. It has inspired me. The information contained within that link is amazing and awe-inspiring.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406363 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements