Topic Options
#61313 - 10/15/04 04:17 AM Satanism and Quantum Physics
Yog Offline

Hi, I agree with most of your ideas. Also I am a rabid B-movie fan! heh.

I think a lot of what you espouse is quite sane & ethical (as opposed to religious schizophrenia & the rampant hypocrisies of so-called "moralists").

The one thing I, a "rationalist", find difficult to accept is your conviction that "magic" WORKS - ie that the magician's will can reach out & have a physical effect on external reality.

But then, it occurred to me that this is no different to what the quantum physicists have been preaching for decades now - that "observed phenomena" can NOT be separated from the "observer". The 2 are intertwined intimately, so that the mere act of observation can "shape" what is being observed...etc etc...

What is your take on this? Do you suppose science is coming close to actually endorsing "black magic"? Do you believe in parallel universes?

Cheers,
The Space Amoeba

#61314 - 10/15/04 04:54 AM Re: Satanism and Quantum Physics [Re: Yog]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
There are some similarities in descriptive terminology when some physicists translate their observations, arrived at through abstract mathematics, into layman’s terms.

Scientists do not concur in their interpretations of quantum physics – beyond a certain point it is pure speculation – the jury is still out. Therefore it is premature to correlate magic with quantum physics.

It sounds good and seems to make some people who practice magic feel validated, all the more reason to be cautious in making that connection.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#61315 - 10/17/04 01:21 PM Re: Satanism and Quantum Physics [Re: Yog]
Helena Offline

Loc: Texas
My personal view is that magic is not meant to be dissected or validated, because that takes the "magic" out of it!

HS!
Priestess Helena

#61316 - 10/19/04 04:39 AM Re: Satanism and Quantum Physics *DELETED* [Re: Helena]
Yog Offline

Post deleted by Magister_Ventrue

#61317 - 10/19/04 06:47 AM Re: Satanism and Quantum Physics [Re: Yog]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Where did I say quantum physics is not real?
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406058 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements