Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#62098 - 10/25/04 07:30 PM Re: "Kissing Ass" [Re: Nemo]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati

Good show Magister Nemo.

In some ways it could be a use of lesser magic. A man is more willing to work with and/or give the time of day to one who strokes his ego.

I think it's important to realize that the Church of Satan does not just hand out titles. If one has attained the level of The Priesthood of Mendes and above, it is recognized by those who run this organization that said individual possess an understanding of what he is talking about. As above, so below.

Ciao.

All the way stars' green, gotta go.

#62099 - 10/25/04 11:09 PM I never Ass Kiss [Re: Nemo]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
Agreed Magister Nemo. There are those of the Priesthood of Mendes whom I have read here whose opinions I value a great deal.
This is because their Intellect and wisdom has been shown through thier many informed and excellent posts and articles on the COS website and numerous other Satanic sites. Did not Dr. Lavey say " Choose your masters wisely."? I believe that everyone, no matter how wise and learned can learn from others even children and idiots have thier lessons to teach yet I think a "Master" is one whom I would consider to have greater all around knowledge and undefiled wisdom than myself and who has proven themselves superior to most through real accomplishment.
I have no problem admitting that in my current stage of Satanic developement there are some whom I consider my superiors. I am a registered member of the Church of Satan, it is an heiarchical organization for many very good reasons, when I agree with or show respect for a member of our clergy I am simply doing what comes natural for I also believe "Satan is always a gentleman" .
I am however about to say something somewhat un-gentlemanly," This is to those who wish to accuse Satanists of "ass kissing", You may all KISS MY ASS.
Darkest greetings
DrkMasterPrince

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#62100 - 10/26/04 06:00 PM Re: "Kissing Ass" [Re: Nemo]
Bedlam Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Perfidious Albion
Now there's something you wouldn't want to experience...

Me dropping my ass...

I can clear a room.

**Insert Benny Hill Theme Here**

Do I look like I carry a pencil? Jason Statham

It may be Crazy
But I'm the closest thing I have
To a voice of reason

~ Gil Scott Heron

#62101 - 10/29/04 01:00 AM Re: "Kissing Ass" [Re: Jack_Bauer]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Also, while I applaud formality and definitely courtesy, I think if someone becomes almost suffocatingly, extravagantly formal when addressing an official, that might also be worthy of suspicion. But then, this is a tricky issue to pick at, because some people are more formal by nature, and there's often a subtle line between being rightly formal and suffocatingly so.

Also, one might tend to suspect the sincerity or the intentions of someone who *always* gushes something vague, generalized, but intensely emphatic whenever a reverend or magister's post appears.

But then, if you are the ass-kissee, it's sometimes nice to have someone pucker up and plant one on you. Sycophants can come in handy, if you can keep them far enough away so that they won't do harm if they decide to turn on you or become creepy.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#62102 - 10/30/04 12:05 AM Smoochie Tushie... [Re: Nemo]
HLGwyn Offline

Loc: Colorado

Hello Nemo.

I must state that I admire your bearing. You carry yourself well, and you portray a patience towards others that I find respectable. (Then again you just may be a swaying viper, holding your prey in subtle mesmerized hypnosis.) But I digress, I will continue without further complicating the issue.

It is that which I would like to discuss. Your “allowance” that individuals are not locked into behavioral conditionings.

I will take your last words in this post, to launch my point.

“Trade up.”
“Just a suggestion.”

You have an undercurrent that I feel is overlooked by many, within your posts. It is easy to focus on the main subject being presented as the bulk of the writing, but you pour a crisp chaser on top of the fiery shot near the end. You soothe the burn of “self-recognition” by not dooming those the post may be written for. You give the individual the means for reflection and accomplishment, without rancor, certainly with candor.
I find that there are others that do so as well, but do not do it so well.

How does this fit in with the topic of “general Satanism”? And I hope that the choir can refrain from giggles when I say this has nothing to do with kissing ass?

This also has to do with some of the trailing words left to us by Nemo, quoting Anton LaVey.

“The Devil is a gentleman”

How apparent!

I am not stating that rudeness should be received with a curt bow or that overwhelming ignorance should be left to its own disrupting devices, but rather I am suggesting that those few who have the pleasure to “watch” Nemo at work when dealing with other people perceptions and mannerisms, to take furious scribbling notes in their lil’ black books of self-awareness for future review and possible application.

Do you have to become just like Nemo? No. Being honest with the self is sufficient.

But it would not hurt to apply such a level of self confidence and awareness to the interactions with others, or with yourselves. Give some doubt that those that stumble before you are not wholly relegated to the stigma of a dolt, even when the Bull-Shit detector is set on high and some feelings about long term propensity for being less than the Elite are coming up on screen. Being rude with no recourse is a smidge limiting to the visceral possibilities of subtlety.

Who knows, if it fails to garner respect, then it may lead to submission…after all, can anyone really tell if Nemo is not some swaying viper with his prey held in check?
Chilling…

As the target of my merciless “ass Kissing” is wont to say :

“Just a suggestion”

#62103 - 10/30/04 05:39 PM Re: "Kissing Ass" [Re: Nemo]
Mekhet Offline

Loc: The Levant
Quote:

You cannot "kiss ass" if you mean what you say.

Neither do you have to kick ass with everyone you meet.

You can, in fact, just drop the entire “ass” issue.

My line exactly. Where I live it is too popular to try and squizz such "dirty" words as "ass" and "dick" into just about every sentence your mind may conceive, probably to try and be as much "provocative" (it's pretty "hip" lately), which I find futile and stupid.

#62104 - 10/31/04 02:28 PM Re: "Kissing Ass" [Re: Nemo]
Xerx Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Italy
I agree with you but sometimes we cannot avoid to make posts that seem to kiss ass.
In general the Priesthood expresses the Satanic concepts better than the others and so they collect an higher number of bravo, compliments and so on. In particular, when the Priesthood endorses a personal idea of mine I am happy and sometimes, but rarely, I email this.
Anyway that is true, when you are always in the disposition of agreeing with somebody there is the risk you stop thinking by yourself.

Xerx

#62105 - 11/01/04 01:33 AM Re: "Kissing Ass" [Re: Nemo]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
I find no reason not to agree with a member of the CoS Leadership, if they say or write something that you honestly agree with. And I see no problem disputing, or taking issue, with those same Leaders if you do not agree with something they write/say. It's the "bobble-head" phenomenon that is disgusting to bear witness to. Agreeing for the sake of agreeing with a CoS Priest or Magister, in the attempt to gain "brownie points" shows a serious lack of personal identity and individuality.

No opinion is "right" or "wrong". Merely your own. Be it based on facts or bullshit is completly up to the bearer of said opinion. When scrutinised logically, opinions can be exposed as to whether they be based on facts, or bullshit. It is the duty of Satanists, as accusers, to weed out the bullshit and expose the facts. No opinion should be safe from the Acid Test of a Satanist armed with keen sense of Logic.

Magister Nemo does an excellent job of this.

Thank you Magister Nemo, for yet another astute observation.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#62106 - 11/01/04 11:59 AM Re: Magus LaVey [Re: Nemo]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

Magister Nemo,

I was thinking today about Magus LaVey in these regards...how though he will never be without glory and praise, he declared himself a "sycophant"...proudly! In fact, as he has pointed out, it is such a one who is the strong one (how can one truly give a compliment unless they themself are worthy of compliments?).

"Adversity may be strengthening but agreement is inspirational."

- Anton Szandor LaVey (Satan Speaks!)

HS!

#62107 - 11/01/04 12:57 PM Re: "Kissing Ass" [Re: Nemo]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
Well said Magister, I completely agree - in fact, I've agreed with everything you've ever said. While I'm at it, I think everything said by the administration is great. *Puckers up, only to get soundly slapped by the Magister*

In all honesty, I do agree - but fundamentally. I think the main point to note is the betrayal of an individuals sub-concious when claiming to do the opposite. Ultimately, it's a projection based on what your emotional intent is and most people should see it for what it is.

Funnily enough, I think you'd look better by disagreeing with Priests/Magisters so long as you can back up your argument with imagination and intellect. There is common ground as a body of Satanists, but we are all uniquely different people. A disagreement is exactly that - it's NOT a personal slight, though evidence would suggest that it can become one. This is unfortunate, but some people do take a disagreement personally. I say to them;

GROW UP.

As individuals and adults, we are expected to maintain an amount of respect despite our differences. If you don't like what someone is saying, make your point. If it becomes an argument, leave it and forget it. Yes, I shamefully admit to being caught up in this counter-productive activity in the past. But it is as they say, water under the bridge.

I hear this a lot from non CoS members in regard to our actions with the hierarchy. It's a fact that those higher up the food chain in our organisation are there for a damn good reason. In which case, most of what they say (so long as it's honest and intelligent) will make sense. It is therefore out of respect that you comment on it, honestly assessing their view or opinion as good. A qualifier helps...

Those that have a problem with honest respect may wish to look in the mirror and consider why. If you can't respect anothers work, it usually comes down to jealousy. And to be honest, that's the best punishment for these people - living with their own inadequacy.

In short, well said Magister - but I'm not kissing your ass...(!)

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#62108 - 11/01/04 01:28 PM Re: "Kissing Ass" [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

Funnily enough, I think you'd look better by disagreeing with Priests/Magisters so long as you can back up your argument with imagination and intellect.

I know what you're getting at, but despite how unique we are, we can only disagree so much before such presences would become counter-productive...but there is the value of agreeing to disagree

Besides, I don't know anyone who's consistently locked horns with the Hierarchy and didn't get skewered in the process.

"If asked, 'Does someone have to agree with you in order to be your friend?' my answer is a resounding 'YES!'. My reason is that there are so many people who disagree with me and resent me, that I can use all the support I can get. Anybody doesn't like me or the way I do things can go fuck themselves. They are not entitled to their own opinion."

- Magus LaVey ( Satan Speaks! )

#62109 - 11/01/04 02:45 PM Re: "Kissing Ass" [Re: Nemo]
simasud666 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New York, USA
I have to say I will never kiss ass to be recognized by anyone. However, by saying one agrees to something with out any interjection of why they agree would defiantly look like a suck up or an ass kisser. When ever I say I agree on something I either have a reason for doing it and put an interjection in which of course is my opinion or I will add something to what the person is talking about that may or may not have been thought of at the time of the writing. I will never just agree with someone for the sake of agreeing if I truly do not agree or see the other side.

Since I did see the post that caused this thread, in the first place I can actually see why this thread needed to be placed on the board. Because one backs down and sees things from a different perspective does not mean that one is kissing ass or sucking up to the hierarchy. Case and point a few times since I have started here on the board there have been a few things pointed out to me by not only CoS members but also by Magister’s and after seeing it from a different point of view I have thanked them for showing me the errors of my way and went about my business. This did not mean I was kissing ass it meant that I 1) was not seeing the whole picture. 2) Had made a mistake and it was being pointed out to me. 3) Needed to go back and read something I either missed or had forgotten all about. We all make judgmental mistakes as well as real mistakes from time to time, which show that we are all human. I do not believe that there is one of us who can say that we have never ever made a mistake I know I cannot.

#62110 - 11/01/04 04:01 PM Re: "Kissing Ass" [Re: Caesar]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
Hello ,

"I know what you're getting at, but despite how unique we are, we can only disagree so much before such presences would become counter-productive...but there is the value of agreeing to disagree."

Of course. I simply meant that the odd disagreement about Satanic practice and principle is fine as long as it is clearly defined why. By continually disagreeing, you not only become a nuisance, you will prove to be less than Satanic. A Satanist doesn't act a certain way, he IS a certain way by virtue of his natural instincts - it's not a label, it's a definition. Because of this, there will be a philosophical common ground where there should be little disagreement. If there is a lot of philosophical disagreement, you won't fit the definition, thus you're not a Satanist. Who decides what's Satanic and what isn't? There's a book out there with the answer, but I forget what it's called...

"Besides, I don't know anyone who's consistently locked horns with the Hierarchy and didn't get skewered in the process."

I agree, but they've been people who've philosophically disagreed, not personally, thus not Satanic. If they're just being disagreeable, under the (mistaken) impression that it's Satanic then they deserve their rude awakening. They've been skewered on the grounds of their religious understanding.

As for the quote from Magus LaVey, I'm with him again. But I would say that the odd difference of opinion with a friend is fine. Any more than that and you're either feeding a masochistic need or your discernment sucks.

Most of the time, it's both.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#62111 - 11/04/04 10:26 PM Re: "Kissing Ass" [Re: simasud666]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.
Quote:

Since I did see the post that caused this thread

I haven't been on for a while. Just out of curiosity, what post sparked this?

#62112 - 11/04/04 11:09 PM Re: "Kissing Ass" [Re: Bogey_Man]
simasud666 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New York, USA
It was a post for a Halloween Party in Salem and the party did not ask Magister Ventrue if he could post the event on the board. Magister Ventrue said it would have been nice to ask before he posted the event but was in a good mood so it could stay.

The gentlemen came back to Magister Ventrue with great respect. Someone else took it as having to kiss ass just to post on the board and was quite rude and with blatant disrespect towards everyone with his comment. He finely got mad and said that he was going to leave the board and that was the end of it. Shortly after that, the original post disappeared because I believe the event was over.

Since the person who was not only new to the board but could not understand, why anyone who might make a mistake would be respectful to a Magister is not really needed here. Both the Magister as well as others including the original poster tried to explain why one would show respect not only to the board but also to the Magister in general and this person just did not get it and left.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12170 Members
73 Forums
43936 Topics
405789 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements