Topic Options
#63681 - 11/02/04 03:24 PM Baptism
LiquidVelvet666 Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York USA
I really want to go through the Satanic Baptism...but I'm not sure if I have to be a member of the COS to do so. If I do not have to be a member, where would I go to get baptised?
"Your world is coming to it's end. But you don't have to be afraid - I'm here for you. Save your happiness for tomorrow, and today we'll drown in your tears. A drop of your blood tastes like wine today.Come closer my dear, It is just the beginning of the end. Yes, I'm here for you. Save your happiness for tomorrow, and today we'll drown in your tears. A drop of your blood tastes like wine today. And because I love you so, And I'm here for you.Save your happiness for tomorrow, and today we'll drown in your tears. A drop of your blood tastes like wine today. Save your happiness for tomorrow, and today we'll drown in your tears. Your blood tastes like life today"

#63682 - 11/02/04 04:09 PM Re: Baptism [Re: LiquidVelvet666]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
I would say that becoming a Citizen of the Infernal Empire (a member of the Church of Satan) is the true Satanic baptism.

By doing so, you formally ackowledge yourself as a Satanist.

The baptism is an optional ceremony that Active Members and members of the Priesthood of Mendes may or may not perform in private. Because becoming a member is the first step, an actual baptism would be something like reaffirming wedding vows. It would no doubt be a powerful ritual if it was something that you truly wanted, but unless you already know some Satanists willing to perform such a ritual with you--you are out of luck.

My suggestion:

Don't put the cart before the horse.

Edited by Agt_Malebranche (11/02/04 04:35 PM)

#63683 - 11/02/04 06:31 PM Re: Baptism [Re: LiquidVelvet666]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
You are certainly able to perform some sort of ceremony to acknowledge your personal choice to define yourself as a Satanist. You can write it, plan it, perform it, and if you are genuinely doing it to please yourself, you won't be disappointed.

Baptisms are primarily performed by parents to acknowledge the true magician they recognize in their child. They are not required.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements