Topic Options
#64719 - 11/11/04 10:53 AM Re: Perhaps A Better Question [Re: Mason_Rust]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>Perhaps it would be more productive to ask: As a Satanist,
>what gods do you invoke in your ritual chamber that are
>not readily found in TSB?

Good question. I have a Thoth statuette on my altar, because he's one deity that's typically associated with both mathematics and music, my two big passions. So he's there to personify my natural drive and my talents for these things. I've also made use of "The Beast" from Clive Barker's Cabal and William Golding's Lord of the Flies. Although the two stories were completely different, they both use this concept of "The Beast" to represent what I'd interpret as man's carnal nature. I've incorporated readings from these books into ritual before.

This past Halloween, I was involved in an orgainzed group ritual. It wasn't religion-specific, and as a Satanist I just enjoyed it for the psychodrama of it all. The middle part of the ritual included a meditation on the jack-o-lantern and the Celtic deity that it's supposedly based on. I thought of it representing the spirit of Halloween as I've always known it, and tied into the trickster archetype of devils. My thoughts were that this spirit is something I symbolically "invoke" when I record my radio show every week.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#64720 - 11/11/04 11:27 PM Re: Perhaps A Better Question [Re: Citizen Jonesy]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
I have been a trekkie since the first show in ;66. Kahless returned in Deep Space Nine as a clone and became Emperor again, Worf helped him convince Gauron it was best for the Empire.
Klingon rituals are perfect for destruction rituals if one can understand the Klingon heart .

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#64721 - 11/12/04 11:25 PM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
simasud666 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New York, USA
This is interesting since I was just talking with a Wiccan supposed High Priestess about this very thing. She told me she could never use Black Magic that all she does is White Magic. Of course, this made me Laugh with the use of Black and White Magic.

As I told her, Satanists can use everything from Egyptian Magic and Gods/Goddesses all the way through to made up Gods/Goddesses. I said we do not limit ourselves to just one type or thing, which puts one into a rut. Since most of the Wicca practitioners that I know are Christians, I always point out to them that no matter what they use in Magic Lesser or Higher Magic that it all falls in the Grey area. Then I tell them to read their own Bible of 2 chronicles 33:6 and they are practicing against their own beliefs. However, I like screwing with Christians who think that by practicing Wicca they are appeasing their God.

On our Alters, we have Tutankhamun, Osiris, Nefertiti, and Isis. I have used Greek, Roman, and Celtic Gods/Goddesses depending on where I am and how I am felling at the time. When near the Ocean I once used Neptune to call my lover back to me. In a Glade once, I called up on Merlin to aid me in my ritual. Therefore, as I say we can use anything at all as long as it brings the right emotion and passion into the ritual.

#64722 - 11/13/04 03:19 PM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
I am the God of Funny.

Marc Bolan is the God of Hobbit Rock.

That is all.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#64723 - 11/16/04 07:35 AM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: LeftHandJive]
Baphy Offline

Loc: Ireland
I have read the satanic bible several times, and if you read my question more attentively, you would see that i am aware that you are your own god

#64724 - 11/17/04 03:31 AM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
Adveser Offline

Loc: California
For comedic purposes I have created the following gods in the past:

The Nine Gods of the Slipknot, whom hail from Iowa
The Messiah Glenn Danzig
The UNgodly Trinity (Consisting of Lerxst, Dirk & Pratt)
Alexi Laiho (as in - "Alexi Laiho is God")
Lord Darth Vader

none of these fictional characters, or musicians are actual gods, but they have a certain symbolism to them. strictly for entertainment though!

#64725 - 11/17/04 01:32 PM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
Rattlesnake Offline

Loc: Yurop
I really hate the way today Pagans use their gods. Most of the times they are just a pretty drawing who "answers their prayers". In this sense those "gods" are just something like the Judeo-Xtian god/protector over those lazy and worthless enough to achieve anything. A "god" is an archetype, it has certain features and characteristics, which are those aspects that people identify themselves with. For example, in times when Pagans ruled the earth, and Yahweh was just a criminal razing cities in the Middle East, then people used to invoke those "Gods" in order to take some of those characteristics and apply them in their lives. When they were successful, then they offered something as a token of appreciation.

So does it really matters if your "gods" are recognized by the legal authorities? I really like and dislike what Chaos Magicians do. They can use anything as god, and invoke that creature in order to change aspects of their personality, that they do not like. But those Chaotes I have personally met, are too lazy to achieve any change in them, an their spend their time ritual after ritual hoping to change.

The Satanist holds himself as God and acts like one, therefore the Satanist achieves.

#64726 - 11/17/04 04:44 PM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Rattlesnake]
Mekhet Offline

Loc: The Levant
Quote:

in times when Pagans ruled the earth, and Yahweh was just a criminal razing cities in the Middle East

Since when did the voices in Avraham's head were "criminal razing cities in the Middle East"?

#64727 - 11/17/04 06:35 PM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I'm the highest God on my own pantheon, but when I need some imaginary friend to give a hand for ritual purposes I call my good old friend Cthulhu.

Also, traditional Egyptian gods like Anubis and Osiris are always part of my decoration.

#64728 - 11/18/04 12:46 AM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
Scratch Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Mmm...gods are like imaginary friends taken to the extreme, or characters in old books that many worship blindly and foolishly.

My favorite characters are Anubis and Bastet from the Egyptian chapter and Camaxtli and Metztli from the Aztec chapter. Ofcourse, I don't go so far as to worship them, as you would imagine.
I am my own goddess and need no others.

#64729 - 11/18/04 08:05 AM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
AtLastDeath Offline

I dont even like to consider myself a god because alot of "Gods" in the past and present require ritual sacrafise of animals or humans plus they make you pretty much give up your life so you can do certain things and obstane from things.

#64730 - 11/18/04 03:04 PM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: AtLastDeath]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:

I dont even like to consider myself a god because alot of "Gods" in the past and present require ritual sacrafise of animals or humans plus they make you pretty much give up your life so you can do certain things and obstane from things.

Maybe a lot do. Not all. Anyway what would a god ask himself to sacrifice? Why would a god ask himself to give up his own life for anything, or to abstain from anything he wanted?

The issue here is not sacrifice, but celebration.

I think if you go back and re-read The Satanic Bible, you'll find your concerns are a non-issue for Satanists.

#64731 - 11/18/04 04:25 PM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: reprobate]
Mekhet Offline

Loc: The Levant

In the Norse Eddas, Odin is said to have "sacrifised himself to himself", it is some mystery for a few neopagans out there.

#64732 - 11/22/04 09:31 PM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
Tranquilself Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
"The God of Visions" It inspires me to have no limits to creativity on my artworks.

#64733 - 11/23/04 04:37 AM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
gypsywulf Offline

Loc: Virginia
My God is inside myself and in everything...its the all ecompasing energy that lets everything excist.....i see it as a Bright light and call it satan

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12220 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406142 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements