Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#64734 - 11/24/04 05:54 PM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
Siatris Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Northern Colorado
There are no gods other than myself.

But if you mean "ritual chamber intellectual decompression zone" then there are a few mythical figures that I am fond of.

Kali is wonderful and my home has many images of her, her image and metaphors are very good at destruction rituals. Not only that but reverance for life and respect of how fragile it can sometimes be.

The Levi style Baphomet has become a symbol of creative and fertile forces in my mind. If I were to do a lust ritual I would use it. Otherwise it is primarily an artistic avatar.

Morrigan is a good one to pump myself up, and get ready for a battle or hardship of some sort.

Lucifer has a special place as the resident intellectual. Very good at writing term papers.

Of course there are more, I even have a personal snake system and other "devices" for the chamber. And all of these are open to more of my own personal interpretation than anyone elses, but was that answer along the lines of what you were asking for?

#64735 - 11/25/04 12:39 AM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I must say that I will always worship myself first, however, in one term or another, I would like to say that I worship the perfection of myself; mind you, not perfection in the Christian aspect, but rather in my own. I believe that I can constantly reach a better form of myself everyday, and thusly I persue it. I constantly educate myself, try to get in as much work as I can, and have as much fun as I can all in the same day. IN some way I could say that I worship the days that I spend on this earthly plane.

But adressing others comments, one can worship a god if it is in your own design. As long as you do not fall into self-denial or stupidity, you should have lots of fun and enjoyment from the gods of your own creation. If anything, I like to think that all other gods (the made up ones) serve me. Just their names are words of power in which I can evoke to greater ends in which result in me making money, having fun, etc.

Whatever you do, never warp your own moral code to adapt to a life you do not want to live.

#64736 - 11/25/04 12:57 AM Re: Perhaps A Better Question [Re: Mason_Rust]
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I picked up a pure black lion statue a good few months ago at a garage sale for my ritual chamber, and as it went, I used it in part to represent a diety of my own making that represent dominance, strength, and sexuality. I named him Kahn. Now a days, I try to keep the statue somewhere where I can see it so it can always remind me of the strength of body, will, and mind that it took to create that image. I originally got the idea when I read the phrase "Be as the lion in the path of your enemies." in the SB.

#64737 - 11/26/04 07:13 PM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
ravenmtl26 Offline

Loc: Canada
I am my own God. Without being of a nacissic type, I can say that I celebrate my accomplishments and worship my body in multiple ways. This satisfies my spiritual needs. Others may find it outside themselves but not me.

raven
"Behold the crucifix; what does it symbolize? Pallid incompetence hanging on a tree. I question all things. As I stand before the festering and varnished facades of your haughtiest moral dogmas" Anton S. Lavey

#64738 - 11/29/04 06:05 PM Re: Perhaps A Better Question [Re: Prince_Satanicus]
IgaNinja Offline

Loc: Va

I would say that most of my Rituals I use different Archetypes for the Ritual at hand. For something very primal and powerful in nature I will usually use our oldest known reflection of "The Prince of Darkness" in the essence of Tiamat from Ancient Sumer. For Rituals of Isolating and focusing my intentions I will use Typhon-Set. When I look for reflection or insight into a particular situation or want to delve further into understanding I would use Lucifer. These are just a few that I use mainly...though I am looking into the use of Kali and more Eastern Tradition God/Goddess for energy connections of explorations in my work.

IgaNinja

#64739 - 11/29/04 07:21 PM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
Helliott Offline

Loc: VA
I am the God of Thunder. And Rock n' Roll. And also my own little world, or total environment, over which I rule, like Lisa Simpson.
"I come from hell, presently, to take you there!" -Edward "Blackbeard" Teach "You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!" "What must one do to become blessed? That I do not know, but I say to you: 'Be Blessed, and then do whatever you please." -Friedrich Nietzsche

#64740 - 12/01/04 04:22 AM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
Adveser Offline

Loc: California
...and the more i read Star Wars novels, the more i respect Siths like Vader, Maul, Palpatine and Dooku and Dark Jedi like Luke & Mara Jade and to a degree the Jedi themselves.

So I have this respect for these characters that do not exist (they could exist actually in an infinite universe somewhere, uhh, far far away) because they are the embodyment of human perfection. So in a way, i wouldn't have a problem serving under a sith master, provided it was like Vader's, NOT like Maul's (where he would die for him and do his bidding without concern for his own self-interests)

#64741 - 12/03/04 10:01 AM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Adveser]
Doorway Offline

Loc: Roanoke VA
Well, honestly, I do have heroes, but as far as "Gods" go, I would say it lies within my cranium.
I used to study physics, and I had a theory that whatever you can think of is a reality on another plane....but that's just theory.

#64742 - 12/08/04 12:04 AM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
Drunken ass 666 Offline

THE MASKIM: Terrible, undescribely horrible creatures, the creators of pain, only terror, destruction and lots of pain can come of Them, for They are pain..
HUMWAWA: Lord of Abominations of the South Winds, whose face is a mass of the entrails of the animals and men. His breath is the stench of dung, and no incense can banish the odor from where Humwawa has been.

PAZUZU: Lord of all fevers and plagues, grinning Dark Angel of the Four Wings, horned, with rotting genitalia (and a sort of green breathe, but transparant).

AZAG-THOTH: My Master and Master of all. Rendered sightless in the Battle, he is Lord of Chaos. (very B.I.G.)

TIAMAT: (I already created a topic about Her), the Dragon/Serpent...

LALASSU: Haunt the places of Man, seeking also to become like Man. Causes only terror and no good can come of it.

LALARTU: Lived once but was caught between the Worlds, seeking Entrance into one or the other.

LAMASHTA: the Queen of Sickness and Misery, slays mothers at birth.

GELAL: invades the bed of Woman, Gelal's offspring are workers natural of the Ancient One, having His Spirit, Gelal rides upon the wind.

LILIT: invades the bed of Man, the children of Lilith are likewise Gelal's, but are born in secret places which may not be perceived by Man, Lilit cometh of the Water (represents herself as some kind of bird)

XASTUR: a foul demoness who slays Men in their sleep, and devours that which she will.

KUTULU: The sleeping Lord...

BAPHOMET: Actually He doesn't belong to this pantheon but as I owe him much I shall record Him here, Baphomet represents Himself as a Great Demon, too big to explain, I think he is as powerfull as Azag-Thoth...

Edited by Sicky666 (12/08/04 12:15 AM)

#64743 - 12/08/04 08:56 PM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
PanzerWolf Offline

Loc: South, AL
Quote:

Other than yourself, what are your Gods (If any), what do they inspire in you?

Umm, I don't like the term "Gods". How about simply those I look up too. I have found that I look up to several senior members of the CoS, an some I would rather just crawl in a hole an die. An of course some of my close freinds. An my GF who I have always admired greatly for her social ability an intelligence. Based on her reaction to my new found faith, I will determine exactly how big of a role she will play in my life if any.
Christ Chex, start your day off the holy way. My accomplishments: ROTC, Cadet of the month (November), Author of "A Final Plea" (Soon to be published), 04 class LET II advancement, South, Alabama battle of the bands 3rd place.

#64744 - 12/11/04 05:45 PM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
Focalor Offline

Keeping with the idea of most other concepts of religion, a follower of a particular god would die for that god if it were required. Therefore I would say that my god is my house, my guitar collection, my music, my Quentin Tarantino autographed Kill Bill Vol.1 poster ,.... BUT, I wouldn't die for my guitars, I can get another guitar. I can write more music. I can buy another house. Certain people, however, cannot be replaced. (No, I don't have an autographed Kill Bill poster, but that would be really cool)

God is something you would place before yourself. Before me comes almost no one. If I consider another person "God", I would sacrifice a little of my own happiness in order to make them happy. Sacrifice is normally undesired, but in such a case I would consider it of little consequence to do such a thing.

Therefore, God is my family (the few members I view as being worthy of the breath in their lungs), and my closest friends. No one else. Why? Because I know that each of these people feel the same way about me. That's what love is, wanting good for another to the point that you would burden yourself to secure it.

That's why the Satanist abhors the idea of "love your neighbor". If your neighbor would not reciprocate such feelings and actions, he isn't worth loving. It lays out the welcome mat which reads, "Walk on me, I'm YOUR victim!"

I'm no man's willing victim. I might occasionally be considered prey by some, but I usually never allow anyone to ever even consider me an achievable target.

#64745 - 12/12/04 12:13 PM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Baphy]
Zimzum Offline

Loc: Ohio
I respect spirits but I dont worship them. I feel that way because I am the being living in an imperfect world and in an imperfect body, I am not a spirit. I am a spirit given flesh.

#64746 - 12/12/04 01:26 PM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: Zimzum]
Focalor Offline

You respect spirits? As rightly so it should be! The second you forget to respect their power, you'll find that you've finished off your 16th shot, punched your best friend in the face, puked in your shoes, and passed out in a puddle of your own urine.

But seriously, explain to me what part of any part of Satanism says that your flesh is given a spirit? You weren't reading the holy bible upside down again were you?

http://focalor.tastyspleen.net

#64747 - 12/12/04 01:57 PM Re: Your own created gods are? *DELETED* [Re: Focalor]
PanzerWolf Offline

Loc: South, AL
Post deleted by PanzerWolf
Christ Chex, start your day off the holy way. My accomplishments: ROTC, Cadet of the month (November), Author of "A Final Plea" (Soon to be published), 04 class LET II advancement, South, Alabama battle of the bands 3rd place.

#64748 - 12/12/04 02:04 PM Re: Your own created gods are? [Re: PanzerWolf]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
He was making a pun on "spirits". The word has two meanings; supernatural disembodied minds, or distilled alcoholic drinks.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12090 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements