Topic Options
#65121 - 11/13/04 10:33 PM What is the Satanist Position on Race Relations
nietzsche754 Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
I am new to this forum and like many others I have heard many rumors. Many I have discounted as they have came from people with obvious Christian agendas but others are harder to disprove. I have met several "satanists" on the internet who have said that Satanisms was intended as a religion for Caucasians. I normally would ignore this but there are things like asking about ethnicity on the membership application and a large portion of writings in German even though Dr. La Vey was from California. I am Caucasian myself but I just wondered because come to think of it I have never met a black Satanist.

#65122 - 11/13/04 10:52 PM Re: What is the Satanist Position on Race Relations [Re: nietzsche754]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
Quote:

I have met several "satanists" on the internet who have said that Satanisms was intended as a religion for Caucasians.

The operative sentence fragment is "on the Internet." Many Satanists, and member of the Church of Satan especially, are not on the Internet, let alone on message boards. Try not to take online happenings as evidence of the totality of Satanism. Our world is a far broader realm.

Quote:

I normally would ignore this but there are things like asking about ethnicity on the membership application and a large portion of writings in German even though Dr. La Vey was from California.

Read our literature carefully, and place the information you gather into proper context. You'll find that we are furthest from the racist dealings of the masses. Quality comes from many sources. Also, check out our official website.

Quote:

I am Caucasian myself but I just wondered because come to think of it I have never met a black Satanist.

That might be an observation based on Internet exposure. Again, Satanism is far bigger than cyberspace. Some -- actually many -- choose not to reveal themselves. Personally, I have met black Satanists, but that might be more about my position in the CoS and my extensive exposure to such than anything else.

Also, I would mention that an Introduction in the proper section of this board is required for further posting. Please read the thumbtacked post by Magister Lang on the subject and in the respective section for more details.

Purging Talon | Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon

Terror Transmission | TT on iTunes | TT on Facebook | TT on Twitter | TT on Google+ | TT on YouTube | TT on tumblr
--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#65123 - 11/15/04 08:22 PM Re: What is the Satanist Position on Race Relations [Re: MagisterParadise]
LTalionis Offline
CoS Magister

"Read our literature carefully, and place the information you gather into proper context. You'll find that we are furthest from the racist dealings of the masses. Quality comes from many sources. Also, check out our official website."

And here's another quote of interest on this subject:

"I was always for civil rights. I had Negro friends when Negro friends weren't fashionable. A man should be judged on his accomplishments, his kindness and his consideration for others ... Martin Luther King was killed because he was an articulate gentlemen, concerned about his wife and family. He tried to do things in a mannerly way. A man like that belongs on a pedestal."

-- Dr. Anton LaVey, as quoted in Popular Witchcraft by John Fritscher, 1972.

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

Forum Stats
13211 Members
73 Forums
44457 Topics
407409 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold