Print Thread
Life after death #65848
11/24/04 09:55 AM
11/24/04 09:55 AM
Virginia
gypsywulf Offline OP
gypsywulf  Offline OP

Virginia
Hail!!!Could some of ya'll tell me your beliefs on life after death.....most all religions talk of a life after death i dont recall reading anything about it in the satanic bible.....mnaybe i missed something thanks

"To think that im not going to think of you anymore....Is still thinking of you....So then let me think that im not going to think of thinking of you anymore"....
Re: Life after death [Re: gypsywulf] #65849
11/24/04 10:09 AM
11/24/04 10:09 AM
England
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend
Drake_Bamboozle  Offline
CoS Reverend

England
>>i dont recall reading anything about it in the satanic bible.....mnaybe i missed something thanks<<

Do you mean to say you missed the chapter "Life After Death Through Fulfillment Of The Ego."

Asking questions and swapping ideas is fine here, but people do not appreciate being asked basic questions which are clearly covered in the basic texts and certainly will not educate you on matters which you could (and should have) look up yourself.

If it's opinions you are looking for, why don't you start off the conversation by giving us yours?

Human beings are as significant as a cigarette burn in the sun.
Re: Life after death [Re: Drake_Bamboozle] #65850
11/24/04 01:13 PM
11/24/04 01:13 PM
UK.
Gone again Offline
Gone again  Offline

UK.
I found that particular chapter to be inconclusive, vague and rather confusing on the topic of a possible 'hereafter' or afterlife. If Satanists are Atheists, believing in no externall deity, then i don't see how a person's 'spirit' or 'ego' can survive after the death of the physical self. Sounds a lot like the kind of thing that $cientologists have been promoting for years to me.

My take on it is:

You are born. You live. You die.

That's it. Nothing before, nothing after. Our time on this ball of rock is limited from the day we are born. All we must decide is what to do with the time given to us.

It's one hell of a motivation for living when you realise that you only get one shot at it, don't you think?

"We're not here because we're free. We're here because we're not free. There is no escaping reason; no denying purpose. Because as we both know, without purpose, we would not exist. It is Purpose that pulls us. That guides us. That drives us. It is purpose that defines us!"
Re: Life after death [Re: Gone again] #65851
11/24/04 01:34 PM
11/24/04 01:34 PM
England
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend
Drake_Bamboozle  Offline
CoS Reverend

England
>>I found that particular chapter to be inconclusive, vague and rather confusing on the topic of a possible 'hereafter' or afterlife.<<

Well, it's quite clear and precise actually. I am at a loss to understand your confusion.

>>You are born. You live. You die.<<

That is a very mediocre and lacklustre way of looking at life.

>>It's one hell of a motivation for living when you realise that you only get one shot at it, don't you think? <<

Exactly. There is no "life" after death. But it is still possible to live on in the brains and sinews of those that encountered your essence by fulfilling your ego whilst you are here.

Shakespeare.

Charles Bukowski.

Rocky Marciano.

Salvador Dali.

Are examples who would be familiar to us all.

But of course, there are also other ways.

Human beings are as significant as a cigarette burn in the sun.
Re: Life after death [Re: gypsywulf] #65852
11/24/04 01:51 PM
11/24/04 01:51 PM
MI
PWG Offline
CoS Warlock
PWG  Offline
CoS Warlock

MI
UVRay is correct, the idea being life after death through fulfullment of the ego. What you do and leave behind (your art, contributions, etc) gives you that "life".

Gypsywulf, I have noticed that you seem to be just discovering Satanism. While I appreciate questions from someone new, please be aware that this board, the Church, your rituals, and even you life will be exactly what you put in.

If you have read the Satanic Bible, try reading it again. Was there something specific that you did not understand? If so, please realize that the Church has no intention of telling you what to think. Did you notice any political endorsements from the Church? Of course not. Why? This is a religion of the thinking individual. Hell, you will even find that many Satanists don't agree with each other!

A Satanist must be very well read. Once you move from the Satanic Bible, you can go out and find the Church's Info Pack, and those two are a nice combination to get started. The books, radio programs, web sites, and even this board should be enough if you just dig into it yourself. It's not that we are an unhelpful lot, it's just that we expect you to contribute something to your education.

This is not a religion for those who need to be fed ideas or dogmas.

There. Warning over. Go and learn.

Re: Life after death [Re: Gone again] #65853
11/24/04 04:26 PM
11/24/04 04:26 PM
Oregon
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend
Rev_Malebranche  Offline
CoS Reverend

Oregon
Quote:

That's it. Nothing before, nothing after. Our time on this ball of rock is limited from the day we are born. All we must decide is what to do with the time given to us.

To be clear, that is a valid Satanic perspective as well, and you need not strive to please anyone but yourself during your time on this ball of rock.

However, Agent UVRAY was offering examples of ways one's 'essence' might live on. Doktor LaVey would be a perfect example of someone who has achieved this--simply observe all of the people he continues to influence right here on this board. He has made an impression on all of us, and many of us never met the man in person. Choose any other deceased person who has influenced you profoundly, and you will understand what is meant by 'living on in the brains and sinews' of others.

Satanism does not sell some 'afterlife' in the conventional sense, where one's soul roams around some dreary Heaven singing hymns. That is what we refer to as a 'spiritual pipe dream'. The promise of Heaven and the fear of Hell are nothing more than crowd control for the herd. I don't think a 'conscious' afterlife is implied in Satanism in any sense.

What's that line from Gladiator?

"What we do now echoes in eternity..."

Something like that. The idea is that if you achieve extraordinary things or touch the lives of others in an extraordinary ways, the reverberations of your existence will outlast the life of your physical body.

Quote:

It's one hell of a motivation for living when you realise that you only get one shot at it, don't you think?

Absolutely!

Forum Statistics
Forums73
Topics44,555
Posts407,984
Members13,373
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.133s Queries: 14 (0.127s) Memory: 1.0047 MB (Peak: 1.1054 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-10-22 20:29:13 UTC