Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#6662 - 05/12/03 04:19 PM Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who would you consider to be more Satanic as codified by Anton LaVey? Man number one is over weight and could not fight his way out of a paper bag, however he was clever enough to amass a great fortune and put him self into a position of influence by owning a televishion network. Or man number two who is strong, well built and is trained in self defense and outdoor survival skills, however he is a middle class worker with no pull or say in society. Both men are self proclamed satanists, sufficiently happy and working t words bettering them selfs.

#6663 - 05/12/03 04:32 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Sarracenia Offline
CoS Member

They've adapted to their world.

They're happy.

They're Satanists.

End of story.

ToV

#6664 - 05/12/03 04:37 PM Re: Who is more satanic? [Re: Sarracenia]
EdgeDerakh Offline

Loc: Canada
I agree on Vespertine on that one... We are all different. It's what you do with what you have that determines wether or not you have suceeded living a satanic life..

#6665 - 05/12/03 04:45 PM Re: Who is more satanic? [Re: EdgeDerakh]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I too feel that they are both very satanic each having his own individual strengths and weakness.

#6666 - 05/12/03 04:53 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree that everyone has thier own strength's and weaknesses. Its your ability to recognize your weaknesses and build on them that makes you strong. The weakling man who couldnt fight his way out of a paper bag has a definite weakness, but a weakness like that is definately not incurable. Again I will say that self realization is everything.
That it is the key to enlightenment.

#6667 - 05/12/03 05:04 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Guy number one for me

#6668 - 05/12/03 05:36 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

While each man is satanic in his own right, and each has his own strengths and weaknesses, I am thinking that guy number one would be more the ideal satanist, simply because of his intellectual prowress. Afterall, he can change his activity level, but if you are not a very intelligent person, how do you improve that?

#6669 - 05/12/03 05:40 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Kjetil Offline

Loc: Stavanger-Norway
to some, money is important, to others not. wealth can often not be messured in how much cash you have. To me, material goods are not that important, and therefor i`m not so ancious about getting rich either, but off course i want a stable income, to provide my family with a good home with nice surroundings.

#6670 - 05/12/03 05:51 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was thinking that very same thing, that maybe a new weight training program and maybe some kind of self defense course could do the trick for the first man. The second man may not have the intellectual capabilities as the first, but I would think he is more in tune with his feral nature, and he is content with that. Not everyone has the drive or need to be a "bigshot", some people are happy and content with a "moderate" life, anything more would be too much, anything less wouldnt be enough. Either way im in no position to say who is more Satanic, they both are succesful using thier own assets, and best of all they both are happy with life.
Who could ask for more?

#6671 - 05/12/03 06:07 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

thats like saying who is more Satanic, a man named Damian or a man named Anton?

each to his own. the only one who can know if one is satanic or not is oneself.

#6672 - 05/12/03 06:11 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
CPayne Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Fargo, ND.......no, it's not l...
Does it matter?

Everyone answers to themselves, when it's all said and done.

#6673 - 05/12/03 09:27 PM Answer.
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
They are both "more Satanic" in their respective contexts.

Life is not a contest.

Life is.

#6674 - 05/12/03 10:19 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
To be sure, both have gaps in knowledge.

I'd say that it doesn't particularly matter if one is physically fit if one uses and develops one's other assets. So, a lady or a fellow can still be Satanic even if they aren't on their way to be a Ju-Jiutsu champion or the American Gladiator.

I think presentation matters more than form. That is, a Satanist who is build like a brick shithouse can still figure out which clothes flatter them and send out the right messages. Meanwhile, a person might be very handsome, but if they go to a job interview dressed like a hobo or a gang banger, it doesn't particularly matter whether they're good-looking or hideous because they can't carry it.

When it comes to fighting, I first take note of someone's attitude regarding the topic. I think attitude is important, so I turn up my nose at pacifists who whine about violence being "bad" and who self righteously brag about how willing they'd be to sacrifice themselves to make a (stupid, inconsequential) point. THAT is not Satanic. So, I am more interested in whether someone is resourceful and has a self-preservation instinct than I am in whether they can name 50 types of poisonous plants and 10 ways to do a drunken wallaby chop.

That being said, since I was asked, I'll choose Bachelor Number One. He may not be athletic or handsome, but it sounds like he's used the tools he has to get ahead and to gain influence.

That doesn't mean that Numero Dos isn't Satanic. I just don't have a clear enough picture of him. If he's satisfied with his position in life and if he is successful and joyous in his other endeavors outside of jobs or fame, then he, too, is Satanic. Money and fame aren't everything. In fact, having too much money or fame can sometimes be more of a curse than a blessing, depending on what your goals or true desires are.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#6675 - 05/12/03 10:24 PM Re: Answer. [Re: Nemo]
Blackwater_Park Offline

Loc: Leominster , Massachusetts USA
Quote:

Nemo said:
They are both "more Satanic" in their respective contexts.

Life is not a contest.

Life is.

I was thinking the very same thing and Magister Nemo hit it first.

I am at present over weight and live my life applying the teachings of Dr. LaVey in my everyday life. I myself have started to move forward and try to better myself, I have just under gone a major life change by having a "Gastric Bypass known as a Micro Pouch " and weighed in pre surgery 404 pounds (not a proud day at all) and 11 days later I was 360 pounds (still not my goal but not bad)

I will lose possibly 200 pounds with in the year and that is only part of the new me. I am working on applying for "Registered Membership" but there is a reason I am taking time (I am waiting for permission from HP Gilmore and HP Nadramia ) There is a long story behind that but those that need to know know and those that don't need not.

I will be as satanic as I have been but maybe have a different outlook on life and have more ambitions and goals to go after and I shall attain in time.

I guess I have gone a littel off the main topic but it was something in the original post and Magister Nemo's post that caught my attention.

It was a few email corrospondences between myself and Magister Nemo in regards to The Temple of the Vampire months ago that has spawned much of the real me to come out and work harder to attain my goals.

" Where there is a will there is a way , sometimes the will needs a kick start ! "

#6676 - 05/12/03 11:07 PM Perspective
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Loc: San Diego, CA
Both of these men have abilities and/or things that a lot of people desire.

The real question is, what do they desire?

Is the fat rich guy dreaming of being a bad ass? Does he look in the mirror and hate himself?

Is he happy?

Is our Rambo sick of struggling financially?

Or is he happy?

You ended your question with:

Both men are self proclamed satanists, sufficiently happy and working t words bettering them selfs. (sic)

That is the answer.

"Well done is better than well said"

- Benjamin Franklin

#6677 - 05/13/03 01:36 AM Re: Answer. [Re: Blackwater_Park]
Dreamwalker Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs
I congratulate you: it sounds like you're off to a running start! The hardest part in making a major life change, I think, is taking that first step forward. Good luck to you.

And I agree... life is. That's a really nice way to put it, I like it!

#6678 - 05/13/03 05:38 AM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why does one have to be more then the other?

Can't they both just be?

#6679 - 05/13/03 08:53 AM Re: Perspective [Re: C_D_McKinna]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Bingo. You got it.

It may depend on what each one wants. But, if we can assume that both are naturally doing what they enjoy, then all is well and straightforward.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#6680 - 05/13/03 12:37 PM No
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

They both are required to "whip it out," and compare. Afterwords, they must go through intense phisical and intelectual testing.

The winner, gets to proudly wear the label "Satanist" for the rest of his existance.

The loser, gets to go wee wee wee all the way home.

Some people never seem to evolve beyond the high school, "I'm better than you" mentality.

- Benjamin Franklin

#6681 - 05/13/03 05:10 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Asmedious Offline

The one that is truly happy, and self actualized.

#6682 - 05/13/03 11:21 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It shouldn't matter... I would rather have the second guys skills, but the power that comes with the first guy... hmmm.

Still, they are both Satanic.

#6683 - 05/14/03 05:35 AM Re: Answer. [Re: Nemo]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with your answer Sir Nemo, as context and perspective varies from person to person.

Of course a good ol' competion of rock, paper, scissors has always been known to settle disputes too.

#6684 - 05/14/03 03:36 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Man number one doesn't need self-defense or survival skills. He could pay someone to hurt man number two if he wanted to. Also, Man number one has gained a position in society that gives him influence, therefore, it would be easier for him to fulfill his desires. Man number two would have a harder time getting what he wants, unless of course he resorts to violence and threats because of his training, but that wouldn't be too smart now would it? So my answer as to who is more satanic: Man number 1.

Another thing: Being over weight doesn't matter at all. If Man number one was a satanist, he would know that he has made the choice to stay overweight, and with his money, he could pay for liposuction if he wanted to.

#6685 - 05/14/03 03:39 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

In reply to man 1 being able to get what he wants and man 2 being less able to do so:
There are two paths to happiness in this regard: Make more, or desire less.

#6686 - 05/14/03 03:41 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree.

#6687 - 05/14/03 09:28 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would say that none is more Satanic because the question is purely hypothetical. If the question were based in reality then they are both equally as Satanic (providing both these men know what Satanism is which I assume your question aims at, but then I can't be sure of that) If they both are self proclaimed Satanists and know what that means then there is no answer to your question, there is no one 'more' Satanic than anyone else if the parties involved know what it is to be a Satanist and practise it as taught.

GreatWhiteStag

#6688 - 05/15/03 12:21 PM Re: Who is more satanic? *DELETED*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Post deleted by LKRice

#6689 - 05/15/03 01:29 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Are you retarded?

- Benjamin Franklin

#6690 - 05/15/03 02:43 PM Re: Who is more satanic? [Re: C_D_McKinna]
Anonymous
Unregistered

ahh satanist without a sense of humor?
ironic

#6691 - 05/15/03 03:19 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

I am laughing.

At you.

- Benjamin Franklin

#6692 - 05/15/03 03:51 PM Re: Who is more satanic? [Re: C_D_McKinna]
Anonymous
Unregistered

ha ha ha yea like that dude "carl" in catch me if you can
-- in a horrible thick boston/irish accent, in a serious manner,
"you want to here me tell a joke" yes, "knock knock" whose
there? "go fuck yourselves"
ha ha ha man that was funny

#6693 - 05/15/03 04:06 PM I know.....
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Lets have a spelling contest!

- Benjamin Franklin

#6694 - 05/15/03 04:38 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You seem like an alright guy, however you are new here. I dont know what you originally said, but if it was deleted, then im guessing it must have been something either stupid, or offensive. But now is your chance to just quit and swallow your pride, otherwise your gonna start fighting with all the board members and eventually get yourself kicked off. This forum is not a boxing ring, it is a place for intelligent thought and conversation. Some things just arent worth it.

#6695 - 05/15/03 06:51 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Goddamn i was fuckin joking!!
a bad sense off humor maybe?
but a fuckin joke nontheless
i made a joke about the 2nd dude fucking
the 1st guy up!! a eccentric get's pissed off?
i'm sorry - by the way i have 4.0 gpa
and am the kind of person you want in the public''s
face, every day i cover my skin and zip on my conform
suite and bull shit my way threw the "system" i have
no need for a good "online" rep
ya'll are too fuckin serious

Good Riddance

#6696 - 05/15/03 08:40 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

both of them

as long as they are contented with their lives

and are statisfied with the way things are wroking for them

#6697 - 05/15/03 09:55 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Pablo Offline

Loc: Argentina, Buenos Aires
we are not "too fuckin' serious"; if you would like to keep posting, please have respet for other posters. And if you are not going to articulate you words politely, then why we should consider wasting our time reading your posts?

#6698 - 05/30/03 12:13 AM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I say that they are equally Satanic because they are happy in their life's direction. It doesn't matter what someone else thinks, if you're truly happy with where you are in life, then it doesn't matter what others will think or say. They don't live your life or think your thoughts for you. If the Satanist is happy, his world is perfect.

#6699 - 06/21/03 03:38 AM Re: Who is more satanic?
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I agree, they are both Satanic in their own right. However, by neglecting his body, guy number 1 is falling into the ninth Satanic Sin: Lack of Aesthetics. He should take better care of his physical image.

Also, his fat and weak body will limit his opportunities to indulge himself in earthy pleasures and his frail health will eventually shorten his life. If he were truly Satanic, he would spend some time every day doing exercise, so he can enjoy his money and power at full and for longer time.

#6700 - 06/21/03 02:24 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

To my mind, the first man is much more satanic, "cause he has the power, and just a simple worker, though he is a satanist but is not able to get the high rank in the society, will stay just a part of the crowd, without the fresh ideas,which could make his dreams in a reality Man, he is a loser!!

#6701 - 06/21/03 04:22 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Bastard_Child Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Montana, USA
Quote:

by the way i have 4.0 gpa

This is a direct reflection of the piss poor state of education that exists in your area of Texas.

#6702 - 06/21/03 06:26 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

I too feel that they are both very satanic each having his own individual strengths and weakness.

So then what was the point of your question, other than the obvious?

#6703 - 06/22/03 10:45 AM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I noticed that people either picked guy number one or they did not choose. Let me be the Devil's Advocate. (bad pun, but I could not resist)

Why not guy number two. Guy number one uses mostly his mental abilities. Guy number two uses both his physical and mental abilities.

The question only looks at the present. The potential of each individual also needs to be addressed. Is guy number one stagnant now that he has reached the top? Will guy number two work his way up at the factory?

That being said, I personally have to agree with what nemo said.

Life is not a competition.

Life is.

Edited by DaveHell (06/23/03 11:38 AM)

#6704 - 06/25/03 04:09 AM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My answer would be that the strength of their character, subsequently, the strength of their Satanism, cannot be measured by the details given. While the first obviously has more potential in society, anyone can claim to be a Satanist. I don't think the question is valid.

#6705 - 06/25/03 05:39 AM Re: Who is more satanic?
Malin_Wolf Offline
CoS Member

Loc: A sleepy little hollow in Flor...
Both are "Satanic". Strength through joy...enjoying their own lives in their own way.

A pitcher of water can be poured into a cup, a vase, a sink, a bathtub, a dog bowl, etc....when has it stopped being water?

#6706 - 06/25/03 11:03 AM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I had to chose or die, I'd pick #2 just because he seems more centered on himself and his own skills then on an outside endevour like a business.

But then again, if the fat guy is that way by choice and the fit guy is that way because he's driven by the herd's preference for certain appearances, then #2 would still win because he's using the balancing factor- you can manipulate people with beauty AND money.

Tough question, who knows.

#6707 - 06/28/03 10:12 AM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I say that if both are happy in their perspective paths and are both bettering themselfs. then they are both equally satanic.

#6708 - 07/25/03 06:33 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Spiritual enlightenment is easier to obtain than a split level rancher, two cars in the garage and a color TV." -Anton LaVey

It's nice to see that both men are bettering themselves, but in the human zoo, those with fortune and influence rule over those who don't. Man number two has developed outdoor survival skills, yet works in a meanial concrete jungle job, so what good are these skills in the enviroment in which he chooses to live?

Since your question is in regards to the teachings of Dr LaVey, you might want to look up the requirements for the priesthood, or read about the history of his church and how it has dealt with people of influence. After all, I don't think Sammy Davis Jr was doing a lot of ass kicking or bear hunting.

As for myself, I think satanism is more about pragmatism than buns of steel. It's great that they are both happy, but it's easier to get what you want by influenceing the herd, than it is to defend yourself from what the herd wants to do with you.

#6709 - 01/24/04 07:05 PM Re: Who is more satanic?
mattevans Offline

Loc: Japan
Surely this is an irrelevant question but, I would say that whichever one is closer to where they want to be, ie more successful, is the most Satanic.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12010 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405199 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements