Topic Options
#66991 - 12/04/04 04:36 AM Christianity as an opium of the people.
scoundrel Offline

Loc: Philippines
Really, the faith and its resentments , this believers have their way to solve such situation and that concludes that their so called foremost religion christianity is like an opium which a drug that only concurred you to sleep and after the effect, still you didnt get enough of your situations and problems, i mean where is the faith, if there is to be fed with them. such absurdity.
" Nothing is more despicable than a coward except perhaps the man places his faith in a coward.." -Dantes' Inferno "Do not feel envious of the happiness of those who live in a fool's paradise, for only a fool will think it is happiness." -Bertrand Russell

#66992 - 12/04/04 04:53 AM Re: Christianity as an opium of the people. [Re: scoundrel]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
You are carrying owls to Athens, Sir.

#66993 - 12/04/04 01:37 PM Please acknowledge intellectual sources [Re: scoundrel]
Noel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Amerika
Yeah, there was this philosopher named Karl Marx who you might want to read up on, as you're just regurgitating the exact line of thinking he espoused. Maybe you are familar with the famous quote: "Religion is the opiate of mankind."

#66995 - 12/04/04 02:09 PM Re: And the revelation is? [Re: ]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Ravenhael, that was simply wonderful to read.

Thank you for making it so clear.

Well done!

#66996 - 12/04/04 10:25 PM Re: Christianity as an opium of the people. [Re: scoundrel]
Mjollnir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Gone
It's been so long since I've been infected with Christianity, that I can hardly remember what it was like to have my brain sucked out of my head. When people start talking about god and sin, I just laugh. I point out to them that if their god is so "all loving" and "all forgiving," then it doesn't really matter what we do. Also, it seems, that there is little historical evidence that Jesus Christ even existed. Then, if the conversation continues, I usually point out that most of the mythology seen in Christianity was actually stolen from the religions that it exterminated. This is usually enough to end the conversation.

-Mjollnir-

#66997 - 12/05/04 01:00 AM Does it matter? [Re: scoundrel]
Malin_Wolf Offline
CoS Member

Loc: A sleepy little hollow in Flor...
This is christianity's last deep breath before the corpse lays down to die. You must ask yourself these questions: What is more important, your happiness or your fight against the stupidity of the masses? Where is your energy best spent, fighting ignorant hordes or forging through life with commitment and focus?

Don't be a rebel without a clue...pick your battles wisely and win the war or die miserably fighting everyone.

#66998 - 12/05/04 04:01 AM Re: Does it matter? [Re: Malin_Wolf]
scoundrel Offline

Loc: Philippines
Thank you...
I will...
Thank you...

#66999 - 12/05/04 04:39 AM Re: Christianity as an opium of the people. [Re: scoundrel]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Christianity?

On such subjects I always like to ask little Arnold Jackson what he thinks....

Attachments
245387-whocares.jpg (13 downloads)

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#67001 - 12/05/04 09:57 PM Re: And the revelation is? [Re: ]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
You are most welcome!

#67002 - 12/06/04 07:46 PM Re: Christianity as an opium of the people. [Re: scoundrel]
Helliott Offline

Loc: VA
The christians of today do not seem to realize that everything their so called holy book teaches was written by man and his animalistic brain. Or, rather, several men and groups of churches, commitees, and such over the last 2004 years. They don't seem to know a whole lot about the historical FACTS of their religion, just that their mommy and daddy and preacher said to believe this way. The current King James version of the bible was written around the 15th or 16th centuries, by a king who added what he wanted, as did the various churches that wrote the earlier versions. (i.e. what was convient for him to use for herd control.) Now we have these new "scientific" christians, who are trying to explain things like the creation of the universe, or dinosaurs and fossils and still trying to tie it all into the book of genesis, or say that it all happened in seven days. They also do not take into account all the people christianity has harmed over the years. The holocaust, the Inquisition, war, etc. And they also are not familiar with the bible enough to know that in the book of Leviticous, God tells Moses this whole list of people who should be put to death for various crimes and abominations- gays, pedophiles, beastiacs, adulterers, incest, witches, etc. Then the 10 commandments say "Do not kill!" It's hypocrisy in action.

The bottom line is this: Most people who call themselves christians I know only get what little they know about christianity from what they may hear the preacher read for maybe 20 minutes on Sunday, before they go off to watch football. Herdlings, indeed. I say this because I was a christian for the first 12 or 13 years of my life. But I have since seen the light! Hallelugiah!

Pertaining to the posts beneath mine, no it doesn't matter to me at all.........

Edited by Helliott (12/06/04 07:48 PM)

#67003 - 12/06/04 08:31 PM Re: "Do not kill" [Re: Helliott]
Mjollnir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Gone
I hear ya. Look at all the millions of people who have been slaughtered throughout history in the name of Jesus Christ.
How many people have been murdered in the name of Satan? Almost none, with the exception of a few random serial killings over the years..nothing compared to the total intolerence shown by the Christians over the past 2000 years.

-Mjollnir-

#67004 - 12/08/04 04:14 PM Re: "Do not kill" [Re: Mjollnir]
Helliott Offline

Loc: VA
except maybe, those who say "The devil made me/him/her do it!" and that idiot Richard Ramirez.

Also, let's not forget that according to most right wing christians, pretty much everything new, enjoyable, and not particularly religion related has been the work of Satan!

Edited by Helliott (12/08/04 04:16 PM)
"I come from hell, presently, to take you there!" -Edward "Blackbeard" Teach "You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter!" "What must one do to become blessed? That I do not know, but I say to you: 'Be Blessed, and then do whatever you please." -Friedrich Nietzsche

#67005 - 12/08/04 05:29 PM Re: "Do not kill" [Re: Helliott]
PanzerWolf Offline

Loc: South, AL
Quote:

Also, let's not forget that according to most right wing christians, pretty much everything new, enjoyable, and not particularly religion related has been the work of Satan!

Shhh! They might find out.
Christ Chex, start your day off the holy way. My accomplishments: ROTC, Cadet of the month (November), Author of "A Final Plea" (Soon to be published), 04 class LET II advancement, South, Alabama battle of the bands 3rd place.

#67006 - 12/11/04 05:01 PM opium for the distraught [Re: scoundrel]
Focalor Offline

In it's own little sick way, it's kind of humorous. All humor usually has a victim, as in something being made fun of or ridiculed. I'd call to attention nearly all of mankind throughout recorded history. First you have the jews. Way back when, they killed a lamb to pay for their sins. Apparently the blood of the lamb paid for the sins they commited. This raises the question of whether or not they believe that animals have souls. Some think so, others are militantly against such apparent blasphemy. Then Jesus came. Now we've got the Christians and the jews tossing hate back and forth. They say that he was the son of god, they say that the messiah hasn't come yet. Then somehow the romans make religion like a Wal-Mart and start offering heaven for money. They aren't satisfied with ruining their own religion, so they steal the pagan celebrations and call them Christmas and Easter. Then the protestants get sick of the shit and branch off. After that all hell breaks loose and anyone with a notion to do so can start their own christian denomination. Then you get drugs involved and people start waiting on space ships and other such crap. Then you've got some dude rewriting the whole damn bible and saying that Jesus isn't even God in the flesh. BUT, at least these people have enough sense not to celebrate a holiday of pagan origins. These people are called Jehovah's Witnesses. They forgot how to read and somehow gathered that only 144,000 would go to heaven and that everyone else would stay on earth. Oh yeah, there's no Hell either, when you die you just cease to exist.

I work with a Jehovah's Witness. Not a bad guy, really nice, I like working with him. He's very courteous and hard working. To be honest, I'd rather work with him than with the atheist guys who work with me. He told me one day that when I die, I'll just cease to exist. I said "Wow, I'm a Satanist and I believe the same thing! Maybe you J.W.'s ain't so bad after all!"

Basically, they've all been fighting and pissing each other off since the dawn of time. I don't worry about it too much unless I'm forced to. Don't lose any sleep over it. The Egyptians believed in their gods, the greeks believed in their gods, Americans have their gods, middle easterns have their versions, far easterners have theirs. Every few thousand years theres a new religious thought that dominates the landscape. With any luck, the new one might be "Autotheism". Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements