Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#67218 - 12/06/04 03:06 AM Question concerning the new Baphomet-Flag
Mekhet Offline

Loc: The Levant
Magister Ventrue, Why did you attach a Baphomet to a Nazi-Germany Flag and placed it on the Message Board?

Is it a parody of some sort? Or have I misunderstood the origin and orientation of the background?

#67219 - 12/06/04 06:08 PM Re: Question concerning the new Baphomet-Flag [Re: Mekhet]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
That is a pretty far-fetched interpretation.

It is a circle with intersecting lines.

Just because the Nazis had something similar does that mean no one can ever use a circle with intersecting lines again?

The Nazis also used buildings with four walls and a roof, I suppose it is Nazi-like to use anything similar?

Don't be so eager to feel like a victim.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#67220 - 12/06/04 06:13 PM Re: Question concerning the new Baphomet-Flag [Re: Svengali]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
Don't wear a Charlie Chaplin moustache though. Someone may get the wrong idea.
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#67221 - 12/06/04 06:19 PM Re: Question concerning the new Baphomet-Flag [Re: Mekhet]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Actually, (and I'm serious here), it resembles the Zuni Indian sun symbol more than anything I'm aware of.

It's used on the New Mexico state flag, seen below.

In Zuni mythology, each of the four groups of four lines represents four things each.

The four directions - north, east, south and west.
The four seasons - spring, summer, fall and winter.
The day - sunrise, noon, evening and night.
Life - childhood, youth, middle years and old age.

Each of these Zuni symbolisms represents something actual rather than spiritual. No problemo.

It's a beautiful graphic with "Satanically wholesome" implications (for me) and I compliment Magister Ventrue on his impeccable good taste.

Attachments
245608-zuni.gif (110 downloads)

#67222 - 12/06/04 10:10 PM Re: Question concerning the new Baphomet-Flag [Re: Mekhet]
ChrisRedstar Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: In Transit
What you are refering to is not a nazi symbol.
It is the symbol of the German airforce since 1914 c.e. and it is still today. During the 3.Reich, it was around the swastika and therefore shaped like a circle. Before and after that, it was around the German/Germanian Cross.
And still today you can see it on German Airforce planes. See pic attached....A German Tornado Radar Jammer

#67223 - 12/06/04 10:37 PM Re: Question concerning the new Baphomet-Flag [Re: Mekhet]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
As everyone here has stated ... the "symbol" has been used through-out history and not by just one "political" movement. The Nazi Party made it "popular" and highly recognized but by no means own the symbol. The symbol is Aesthetically pleasing to the eye (at least my eyes) and I felt it would be nice to spice up the standard Lttd Logo. Take from it what you will but I in no way would be insulted by it being called a "Nazi" looking symbol, those Nazis sure were a bunch of snappy dressers!

And as I have told everyone and as everyone knows .. I am against all forms of Politics .... I vote for no one and I follow no politically party. Nazis, Commies, Democrates .... they all have there place but their view points have no place in my life.

Edited by Magister_Ventrue (12/06/04 10:40 PM)

#67224 - 12/07/04 05:09 PM Re: Question concerning the new Baphomet-Flag [Re: Magister Frost]
Gone again Offline

Loc: UK.
Then again if you want to attract a bunch of skinhead neo-nazi's to the board, stick a swastika (reversed) on the site somewhere and tell 'em it is The Sun Wheel and voila! Within a short matter of time you will hear the thud of Doctor Martin boots as they join the site.

Whether they can actually read what's on it is a different matter! Most of them have a vocabulary that is somewhere between 10 and 20 words.
"We're not here because we're free. We're here because we're not free. There is no escaping reason; no denying purpose. Because as we both know, without purpose, we would not exist. It is Purpose that pulls us. That guides us. That drives us. It is purpose that defines us!"

#67225 - 12/07/04 08:35 PM Re: Question concerning the new Baphomet-Flag [Re: Gone again]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

"Then again if you want to attract a bunch of skinhead neo-nazi's to the board, stick a swastika (reversed) on the site somewhere and tell 'em it is The Sun Wheel and voila! Within a short matter of time you will hear the thud of Doctor Martin boots as they join the site."

I don't think you would have to reverse the swastika
symbol. Most don't even know that it is reversed. I think they would have problems getting past the "S" word if they ever came here.

"Whether they can actually read what's on it is a different matter! Most of them have a vocabulary that is somewhere between 10 and 20 words."

They will be very easy to spot then won't they. Really though, racists usually blow it here as soon as they post something and not all racists show up under the banner of Nazi. Moderators here deal with these folks very effectively
so we don't need to be very PC about imagery here. I'm not afraid of using a Baphomet so why worry about a Germanic looking cross. People have to get over their hang-ups about such things. This is an important part of what makes us Satanists.

HS!

Edited by Magister_Lang (12/08/04 09:22 AM)
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#67226 - 12/08/04 10:00 PM Re: Question concerning the new Baphomet-Flag [Re: Mekhet]
Mars Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Mid-Atlantic USA
The Nazi stuff didn’t come to my mind until someone mentioned it. My first impression was a “cross hair.” Like looking through a scope and the focal point was the Baphomet. To me it was saying, “This is the target, this is the goal."

Edited by Mars (12/08/04 10:01 PM)

Awaken the Dragon Within!

#67227 - 12/08/04 10:11 PM Re: Question concerning the new Baphomet-Flag [Re: Mars]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

You've got the picture. It is the focal point, your hopes, your goals etc.... As for the Baphomet however "you" are already there.
HS!

#67228 - 12/09/04 09:50 PM Re: Question concerning the new Baphomet-Flag [Re: Magister_Lang]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
Magical Misterioso Magister_Lang, and is that Baphomet cuff links I detect shining through your avatar! And can you direct me to the vendor. HAIL SATAN!
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#67229 - 12/10/04 05:20 AM Re: Question concerning the new Baphomet-Flag [Re: Magister_Lang]
Gone again Offline

Loc: UK.
The new logo has only been up for a number of days and already the Neo-Nazi's are crawling out of the woodwork...

How depressing. I would like to be wrong about these things some day.

Some day...
"We're not here because we're free. We're here because we're not free. There is no escaping reason; no denying purpose. Because as we both know, without purpose, we would not exist. It is Purpose that pulls us. That guides us. That drives us. It is purpose that defines us!"

#67230 - 12/10/04 05:49 AM Re: Question concerning the new Baphomet-Flag [Re: Gone again]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

The new logo has only been up for a number of days and already the Neo-Nazi's are crawling out of the woodwork...

How depressing. I would like to be wrong about these things some day.

Some day...

Try to tone down the smugness or you'll be riding Magister Ventrue's boot out the door again.

We who have been here for a while know that Nazi jackasses are a part of life. They show up- they get kicked out.

Your posts demonstrate that your grasp of Satanic principles is not quite as firm as you think. We don't need lectures from you on how to run the CoS. Magister Ventrue doesn't need lectures on how to run his board. We have all managed quite well without you for years.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#67231 - 12/10/04 10:45 AM Re: Question concerning the new Baphomet-Flag [Re: Gone again]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

"I would like to be wrong about these things some day."

You are again today. Congratulations.

#67232 - 12/10/04 10:49 AM Re: Question concerning the new Baphomet-Flag [Re: Danny Mc.]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Those are black onyx cuff links set in silver.
HS!

XLII A.S.

R. Lang XLVI A.S.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12283 Members
73 Forums
43883 Topics
404450 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements