Topic Options
#67443 - 12/07/04 03:43 AM LaVey Quote?
Jale Offline

Im looking for a quote by LaVey saying that Satan as a person or spiritual being doesnt exist.

Anyone who know where I can find a quote like this?

Edited by Jale (12/07/04 03:46 AM)

#67444 - 12/07/04 03:57 AM Re: LaVey Quote? [Re: Jale]
gypsywulf Offline

Loc: Virginia
"to the satanist "God"-by whatever name he is called,or by no name at all-is seen as the baiancing factor in nature,and not as a being concerned with suffering".

From the chapter "God -wanted dead or alive" from the satanic bible.

#67445 - 12/07/04 05:14 AM Re: LaVey Quote? [Re: Jale]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
“...the allegorical personage...” (TSB, page 29).

“...Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path.” (TSB, page 52).

“Satan...merely represents a force of nature—the powers of darkness which have been named just that because no religion has taken these forces out of darkness.” “...this many faceted key to the unknown—which the Satanist chooses to call ‘Satan’.” (TSB, page 62).

taken from "Satanism Needs An Enema!" written by Magister Nemo

#67446 - 12/07/04 06:20 AM Re: LaVey Quote? [Re: Jale]
Entity Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: Avalon UK
"Most Satanists do not accept Satan as an anthropomorphic being with cloven hooves, a barbed tail, and horns. He merely represents* a force of nature - the powers of darkness which have been named just that because no religion has taken these forces out of the darkness..." - Anton Szandor LaVey - The Satanic Bible p62

* My emphasis.

Notice that Dr. LaVey says, "Most Satanists...". This implies flexibility and individual choice.

On certain occasions, it might be useful to think of Satan as a "person", particularly if that person is yourself.

Nothing is better than to live according to one's taste. - François Villon

Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#67447 - 12/07/04 07:46 AM Re: LaVey Quote? [Re: Jale]
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The City of Red Lights
Yes. You can find it in the Satanic Bible.

[/smartass]

#67448 - 12/07/04 09:36 AM Re: LaVey Quote? [Re: Jale]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
"After your account has been created you will need to make a post in the Introduction forum. This post will be your introduction to the message board. If you do not make an introduction post your account will be deleted within 1 week."

Whoops...this isn't a LaVey quote. It's from the messageboard guidelines in the "Read and Understand" section!

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#67449 - 12/07/04 08:19 PM Re: LaVey Quote? [Re: gypsywulf]
zaxaf Offline
CoS Member

Anton LaVey for the most part states this thruout his writtings, and i have read numerous times how he was continually asked during his life if he believed in a literal Satan, as always he said read "THE" book!

He did not as far as i know believed Satan as something to be worshipped, we worship ourselves and see Satan as already stated here by another forum member as a force of nature, and as LaVey also has stated numerous times to use the name SATAN is FUN and gets a charge out of people and defintly grabs there attention whether it be in a positive or negative way....Anton LaVey was just way to cool

#67450 - 12/07/04 11:22 PM Re: LaVey Quote? *DELETED* [Re: Jale]
Drunken ass 666 Offline

Post deleted by Magister_Lang

#67451 - 12/08/04 07:26 AM Re: LaVey Quote? [Re: Drunken ass 666]
EnlightenedOne Offline

Loc: NY
Quote:

Anton Szandor LaVey didn't forsaw Them...no one does....

"Forsaw them?" Hmmm...the intelligence throughout your array of "colorful "posts has been, well...ok, I'll just say it...nonexistent...

#67452 - 12/08/04 12:56 PM Re: LaVey Quote? [Re: EnlightenedOne]
simasud666 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New York, USA
This is why no one answers people whose names have been blackened out. They are no longer members of this board. They are either combative or they are rude, obnoxious, or just plain out of it.

This person sounds like he is on drugs or is a little child.

I just do not respond to these people at all.

#67453 - 12/09/04 07:33 AM Re: LaVey Quote? [Re: Jale]
MagistraNadramia Offline

CoS HighPriestess

Loc: Hell's Kitchen, NYC
From “The Occult Explosion” an LP from 1973:

To us “Satan” is a symbol rather than an anthropomorphic being, although many members of the Church of Satan who are mystically inclined prefer to think of Satan in a very real, anthropomorphic way. Of course, we do not discourage this, because we realize that it is very important to many individuals to ritualistically conceptualize a well-wrought picture of their mentor or tutelary (guardian/protector) divinity. Symbolically, however, Satan is the teacher: the informer of the whys and wherefores of the world. In answer to those who would label us “Devil worshippers” or be quick to assume us to be Satan worshippers, I must say that Satan demands study, not worship.

We do not grovel; we do not get down on our knees, genuflect, and worship Satan. We do not plead, we do not implore that Satan give us what we wish. We feel that anyone who is going to be blessed by any god of his choice is going to have to show that god that he is capable of taking care of the blessings that are conceived.

NOTE from the current High Priest: This tolerance of mystics changed after 1975, when a small group of them left the Church feeling that their leader had communed with Satan in the form of Set, and transferred a mythical "Infernal Mandate" from LaVey to him. That was the proof to LaVey that those who believe in an external entity, regardless of how they see it, behave as do other theists, not as Satanists, and could have no place in the Church of Satan. PHG

Magistra Peggy Nadramia

Please email me with your membership questions - PMs may not be answered.
www.churchofsatan.com
HPNadramia@churchofsatan.com

#67454 - 12/09/04 07:37 AM Re: LaVey Quote? [Re: Jale]
MagistraNadramia Offline

CoS HighPriestess

Loc: Hell's Kitchen, NYC
Monologue from Jack Fritscher’s
Popular Witchcraft
by Anton Szandor LaVey (1973)

I don’t feel that raising the devil in an anthropomorphic sense is quite as feasible as theologians or metaphysicians would like to think. I have felt His presence but only as an exteriorized extension of my own potential, as an alter-ego or evolved concept that I have been able to exteriorize. With a full awareness, I can communicate with this semblance, this creature, this demon, this personification that I see in the eyes of the symbol of Satan—the goat of Mendes-—as I commune with it before the altar. None of these is anything more than a mirror image of that potential I perceive in myself.

I have this awareness that the objectification is in accord with my own ego. I’m not deluding myself that I’m calling something that is disassociated or exteriorized from myself the godhead. This Force is not a controlling factor that I have no control over. The Satanic principle is that man willfully controls his destiny; if he doesn’t, some other man—-a lot smarter than he is—-will. Satan is, therefore, an extension of one’s psyche or volitional essence, so that that extension can sometimes converse and give directives through the self in a way that thinking of the self as a single unit cannot. In this way it does help to depict in an externalized way the Devil per se. The purpose is to have something of an idolatrous, objective nature to commune with. However, man has connection, contact, control. This notion of an exteriorized God-Satan is not new.

Magistra Peggy Nadramia

Please email me with your membership questions - PMs may not be answered.
www.churchofsatan.com
HPNadramia@churchofsatan.com

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406349 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements