Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#67701 - 12/09/04 09:07 AM Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships?
Doorway Offline

Loc: Roanoke VA
I'm sure this is a common problem with most Satanists.
Is it a good idea to date someone who is not a Satanist, if you are, indeed, a Satanist?
I date around a bit, and I do not bring up my philosophy, mainly because she probably will not understand or it will mess up my game. Anyhow, if one of these ladies decided to take a further step, it will have to be brought up.
Does anybody here have any good stories of successful or unsuccessful attempts of making this work?
I'm sure they'll all be interesting!

#67702 - 12/09/04 09:31 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
I had a rather interesting 'coming out' with regard to telling my now-wife as we were dating and as we decided to become monogamous.

She wasn't the least bit surprised, in fact, she knew all about Dr. LaVey. Her mother had purchased a Satanic Bible for her when she was 16! She'd found it interesting, but that was about the extent of it for her. In any event, it has never been a problem!

#67703 - 12/09/04 10:20 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
SubOptimo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
I simply leave this point out of discussions. Why should I give insight to my religion to a complete stranger? And it is not a good style trying to impress young ladies with your sinister philosophy. If You life it, Your appearence will attract them and not Your words. If she resonates with Your points of view, well then You can lead the discussion to satanism.
Don't evangelize.

H.S.!

#67705 - 12/09/04 01:01 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
If you mean as peers, then:

Satanist + Non-Satanist = Fire + Water

#67706 - 12/09/04 07:46 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Ram_Abbalah Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Reno, NV
I am currently spending time with a lovely lady who is an Atheist. She knows I'm a Satanist & we get along wonderfully.
"...I have built a mechanical sanctuary. In it copper bats fly on electric beams, brass rats scuttle in plastic cellars, robot skeletons dance; robot vampires, harlequins, wolves, and white phantoms, compounded of chemical and ingenuity, live here."

"Usher II"
The Martian Chronicles
by Ray Bradbury

#67707 - 12/09/04 08:02 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
PanzerWolf Offline

Loc: South, AL
I date around alot, an I have never reaveled my faith. An if asked I simply say I am an athiest. I am there to have fun an enjoy that particular women's company (an body). Not to explain the beleif system of satanism an/ or why I would ever want a part of it.

However if I inquire it of her an it seems she is also a satanist or someone of reletive veiws. I may reveal myself. The women I am going out with now is a "christian" so she claims. But we never make reference to religion, an she does not attend curch. So whatever it makes no never mind to me, if she finds out an starts to preach at me, that will be it. Break up an move on. To put it simply.

But generally I think it is best to keep it to yourself if possible.
Christ Chex, start your day off the holy way. My accomplishments: ROTC, Cadet of the month (November), Author of "A Final Plea" (Soon to be published), 04 class LET II advancement, South, Alabama battle of the bands 3rd place.

#67708 - 12/09/04 10:07 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
My current wife is not a Satanist. She knows I'm one and that's no big deal.

#67709 - 12/09/04 10:17 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Old_Pig]
zaxaf Offline
CoS Member

Good topic! This is a issue i have given thought myself. I have to be careful becouse if i like someone i also do not want to mess up my game and say I AM A SATANIST! And have the poor girl run out the door for fear of being sacrificed or something ridiculous along those lines!

As Dr. LaVey has stated, do not tell everyone what you are, as most will not accept, do not get yourself into the comfortable illusion everyone is like you, as they are NOT! The Good Doctor said something that is along those lines, i do not have my books nearby so i cannot quote exact.

I tend to tell people i am Social Darwinist/Humanist. It is easier for people to digest than SATANIST! The dreaded S word will get people to turn there heads everytime! A friend of mine who is a CoS member and long time follower of the Dr. tells people she is a LaVeyian and it is a Earth based religion. Hope this helps!

#67710 - 12/09/04 10:52 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>Is it a good idea to date someone who is not a Satanist,
>if you are, indeed, a Satanist?

Things can certainly get rough when people of two different religions date each other, especially if at least one of them is actually religious, as opposed to merely carrying the label because it's what their parents raised them as. In this case, Satanism is no exception. Still, there have been plenty of happy couples who had religious differences, yet it never was a problem for them.

Unfortunately, single Satanists have to accept a very hard fact: we're quite a minority. Some Satanists can go their entire lives without meeting another Satanist. Even if two single Satanists meet each other, there's obviously still no guarentee of a mutual attraction. So if a Satanist is going to date at all, I think it's inevitable that he or she will end up dating non-Satanists at one point or another.

>I date around a bit, and I do not bring up my philosophy,
>mainly because she probably will not understand or it will
>mess up my game. Anyhow, if one of these ladies decided
>to take a further step, it will have to be brought up.
>Does anybody here have any good stories of successful or
>unsuccessful attempts of making this work?

In a number of cases, I've mentioned it pretty early. In those cases it acted as a filter; those who were scared away by the term were certainly not my type. Sometimes I told them after meeting up once or twice, sometimes I had my Sigil on when they first met me. I've found that those who at least made the effort to go to the web site and/or read the books I would loan were also level-headed enough to be with for a while.

I'm currently in a long-term (albeit "open") relationship with a woman who identifies as Pagan. I didn't have to tell her about Satanism; she had read The Satanic Bible and knew all about it before she met me. As for our religious differences, they've never been a problem for us.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#67711 - 12/10/04 12:16 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Old_Pig]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

My Dear Pig,

Anyone who would have the good sense to choose to be around you has the full potential to be a Satanist and is, I have no doubt, a defacto Satanist.

I am a true admirer of your brilliant illustrations and congratulate you on your excellent talent!

It is always a pleasure to read your words!

Hail Tha Pig!

#67712 - 12/10/04 12:20 AM Elaboration. [Re: Nemo]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

A non-Satanist is not merely one who doesn't happen to openly and consciously embrace the teachings of Anton LaVey.

I see a non-Satanist as one who cannot be a Satanist.

In other words, a chump.

Loyalty and love can overcome many things but in my own experience loyalty and love are beyond the capacity of any chump.

If your partner is a chump, the chances are good (about 100%) that if you are married you will be divorced sooner or later.

Compatibility is not merely tolerance.

You need to be members of the same species!

#67713 - 12/10/04 01:03 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: zaxaf]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Quote:

I tend to tell people i am Social Darwinist/Humanist

First, let me say this is a general observation and not directed toward you specifically.

You know, regardless of what it is actually supposed to mean I find it weird that people often use the word 'humanist' as a substitute for 'Satanist'. Doesn't it just sound awfully touchy-feely? Like it could also be a synonym for 'humanitarian'? It seems to imply that we like humans, which, in my experience with Satanists, is generally not the case. We tolerate humans, we are humans (though some here would challenge me on that ) and we are quite selective about the humans we actually like.

Personally, I prefer 'rational hedonist'.

And since hedonism has connotations closer to the 'wild side', it might imply something a little more exciting when you use it with the ladies.

Rational hedonism just seems a lot closer in spirit to Satanism than humanism.

To me, personally, 'humanism' just sounds like you want to hug everyone. And that's just not as sexy.

Edited by Agt_Malebranche (12/10/04 01:06 AM)

#67715 - 12/10/04 09:34 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Mr_Atrox]
Doorway Offline

Loc: Roanoke VA
Great responses!
I thought about this after I got off work yesterday, while having a lady friend over for fun, and being that I'm just dating around, it's probably not an issue to be brought up until one simply knocks me off my feet.
Most of us, as was said earlier, may not meet another Satanist to settle down with...but there are a lot of Athiests out there!
Does anyone have any funny stories about "coming out" and the reaction of the partner involved?
HS!

#67716 - 12/10/04 12:11 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Rattlesnake Offline

Loc: Yurop
Unless you are living in some Redneck society where Jesus is the boss, or any fundamentalist society, then religion is not a problem in relationships. Legally there is religious tolerance. I have seen so many people labeling themselves Xtians Muslims or whatever, and I have yet to see one acting as their religion dictates. They just take the label, the imagery, they think that is cool and whaddaya know! Suddenly they think they belong to this religion. Well, they don't. They just act according to their instincts.

As far as the dating game goes. Many people don't have the slightest idea what Satanism is about. Many believe in the idiotic and irrational tales about Satanic Ritual Abuse and immediately label Satanists as criminals. Others think Satanists as brain damaged individuals. Understanding exists when the other party has read at least the basics of Satanic literature.

Im my case, in terms of philosophical discussion, I just make a question. "Have you read anything by Anton LaVey?" If they say no then I do not continue the conversation. If they say yes, I try to elaborate. I ask on their opinions on the matter. At least all of them agree with the greatest part of the Satanic philosophy. With some simple questions like those I understand whether I shoud tell them I am a Satanist or not.

If men were smart, then they would at least try to understand what is going on around them. But most of them unfortunately (or fortunately) are not. So whenever the name "Satanist" comes around you see an instinctive response being activated and they run away in terror. Their intellectual ability is halted and they run and run like berserked monkeys. Today there are so many religions in the world. New and old ones. Xtians, Muslims, Buddhists, Taoists, Hindus, Thelemites, New Age tree huggers, Neo Pagan braindeads, UFO mysticists, Tooth Fairy fanatics, and the list goes on. Somehow, most of them do not even try to look what lies behind the corner. What is behind the dreaded S word. But I guess thats what the name denotes in the first place. Only those who have the sufficient rationality and intellect will dare and look behind the name. Most of them will see their personal philosophies blend perfectly and also written on a level they could not fully express. I guess that's what it means that Satanists are born not made.

#67717 - 12/10/04 12:16 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I think there is a distinction between someone who is nonsatanic and someone who is unsatanic. Naturally, I'm going to be using terminology that has different connotations to many people here, so I'm just using terminology I personally relate to.

Satanists will generally not be able to hold down relationships with people who are unsatanic--meaning, people whose beliefs and actions are absolutely contrary and opposite to Satanism. Interestingly enough, a young fellow who may fit this definition is presently pining for me (which is an understatement, unfortunately), so I'm having to work on banishing him without any kind of backlash or explosion. While his attention is flattering, I fully realize that we will ultimately be like fire and water.

I think Satanists can get along with non-satanists, however, meaning people whose actions and beliefs may not exactly mirror Satanism, but do not directly contradict or clash with it, either. Various nonsatanists may possess just the right amount of satanic or "satanism-friendly" traits or beliefs for there to be combatibility. I'd say another level up is the "de-facto Satanist."

So, Satanists can certainly get along with people who are not card-carrying Satanists, but these people still have to possess that special je nais se quois. A bonobo might get away with dating a gorilla or chimp, but could not tolerate courting a weasel, a fish, or even a lemur, if the analogy makes sense.

Oh, and you wanted a story, eh?

My ex-boyfriend is a very sweet, kind individual, but is not a Satanist. (He thought he was for about a week once, though.) Some of his traits and beliefs are merely nonsatanic, others are flagrantly unsatanic, and he's too gentle and sensitive to be able to get along with the likes of many of you guys. I think I made my views clear to him in about the first few weeks of dating, and I had him read the Satanic Bible. He was still fine with me, but mostly iffy about Satanism. On one occasion early in the relationship, when I was ranting violently about some television personalities while watching TV (I love doing that), he was deeply shocked and insinuated that Satanism was "changing" me. (We had been dating for only a few weeks, and I had been a practicing Satanist for *years* before that, so not only was his insinuation insulting, his presumptuous math was all wrong on several counts.) We're good friends now, but he's my ex because I need someone more satanic in a committed relationship.

I unfortunately seem to attract many kinds of unsatanic and generally nutty people. I think this is because I am a very strong, firm person, and leeches want to draw from that, and because I possess obvious "different" traits, physical and otherwise, which makes disaffected ne'er-do-well outsiders--ESPECIALLY ones with neurological or physical disorders-- all fluttery with thoughts of how I'm "just like them." (Yuck. ) However, all this does make my radar for crazies very keen and sensitive--sometimes too sensitive.

At my age, in my environment, mature guys, let alone suitably Satanic ones, are in short supply.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406074 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements