Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#67733 - 01/01/05 11:22 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
In my own opinion, Satanists can be in a relationship with whomever he or she pleases, BUT just as long as the partner doesn't try to change, oppose, or scorn his or her Satanic ideals and lifestyle. Having said that, I think that for the most part, the non-Satanists that wouldn't cause much of a problem are agnostics and atheists.

#67734 - 01/01/05 05:39 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Mr. Fox Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Doorway,
May I begin by saying that this is a topic I have dealt with rather closely in my life. It has been interesting reading everyone's stories and has prompted me to share my own. I am myself, in a long term relationship with a man i really love with all my heart. I feel both solid and sure in my knowledge that this person also feels exactly the same about me. Now on to the differences.....Satanist vs. Non-Satanist. I myself am a practicing Satanist and have been for many years, though I had only choosen to take this moniker as a full "label" or "title" at the start of the 2004 year. Shortly thereafter I was to meet my now devoted partner. Upon meeting we had quite the fiery beginning, not exactly filled with talk of "religion" or "spirituality". A short while later I was to discover that he was a member of a Methodist church. Being the person that I am I was obviously apprehensive about the possible implications my beliefs would have on our budding relationship. Of the next few months I listened to everything he had to say about his past, religiously speaking that is. I discovered he had been raised Christian and had later rejected to system in favor of the common teenage fascination with the "New Age" paganism movement. This lasted through his high school years but interest faded as tends to happen with such things. I continued to play the "mysterious" card and slowly drop hints as to my true nature. Saying I had no link to spirituality, leaving myself somewhere between Pagan and Atheist, for him to figure out. Well, come to find out he wasn't so much a member of this church as he was making money off of it. He is a Vocal Performance and Music Education major at the University Of Texas and is actually the paid solo vocalist for the church taking thirty dollars each performance or practice and doing this twice a week. An excellent supplement to our income indeed! I then learned that he did not actually attend church services but instead merely attended to be paid. To move this along, around six months into our relationship I came to the point of making a decisive move or denying my true feelings. At this point I had truly fallen in love with this person and thought the time had come to reveal the truth. We sat down and I decided to speak openly and candidly about my beliefs but before I dropped the "S"-Bomb on him, I decided to go the route of Magister Nemo with the "Reality" and "Selfishness" bit. It worked marvelously and all that was left was the naming of this belief. The interaction could not have gone better, if I had written it myself. We have moved on from this point as he has learned an icredible amount about both Doktor LaVey as well as the church. He has taken to listening to me read aloud from both The Devil's Notebook as well as Satan Speaks. One of his most favorite attributes of Doktor LaVey is the notion the the good Doktor was a musician, which I have stated he is also. His piano situated in our living area is now switched over to organ occasionally to play with great joy The Hymn Of The Satanic Empire. While he is not himself a Satanist he has found many parts of my beliefs which he has carried with him his entire life yet never recognized. He especially appreciates, accepts, and adheres to our modified "Golden Rule". De-Facto Satanist? I am not certain......wonderful person and evidence that a relationship with a Non_Satanist can work......definetly. A year later we are here together and just last night, laying on my couch after a very enjoyable New Year celebration, I hear him call from the other room, "Did you know that you can get a Baphomet Altar Plaque?". Stunned the only response I could muster was....."What in the world are you doing on Satan.Net?". He simply replied, "Just seeing what's going on." I laid back smiling to myself, simply thinking about a wonderful year and hopefully many wonderful years to come. This is my story, I hope some may find it helpful, and not to dreadfully long, I can tend to ramble on. In closing, Happy New Year to all, XL Anno Satanas. My greatest hopes for all those seeking love in a world of hatred. Hail Satan! Hail To The Citizens Of The Infernal Empire!

#67735 - 01/01/05 11:10 PM Re: A suggestion. [Re: Nemo]
Spitt Offline

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Nemo, this is one of the best posts I've ever read, not to mention a damn (pun definetly intended) good definition of Satanism besides what Doktor LaVey taught us. You made my day. I'll be quoting you to friends in further discussions.

#67736 - 01/02/05 07:20 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Malice Offline

Never worked for me, but I can be very hard to get along with, which may be more the root of the problem than Satanism. I also have some very high and often unusual or downright wierd standards and even many Satanists don't meet them. Like if you can't giggle inappropriately at words like "arsemaggots" then I will probably mock or taunt you, but if you can't stop giggling inappropriately at words like "arsemaggots" I will probably try to harm you. That's kind of reasonable. What's not even remotely reasonable is that I want to know if you are giggling at the aural aesthetic of the word or at your associative interpretation, and you bet your arse this matters.
I have one ex who had a peurile obsession with randomly shouting composite words like "arsenipple" generally contructed from colloquialisms for sex acts and body parts. No, it was not Tourette's. This contributed significantly to the termination of the relationship.

#67737 - 01/02/05 09:10 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
MOrdrum Offline

Loc: Miami, Florida
I've had several long term relationships over the years and I must say that it seems ever more hopeless as time passes. There just doesn't seem to be enough women out there that have it takes to roll with big daddy I tried online dating and got told off by a beautiful Brazilian chick because I checked off that I was an Atheist (If she only knew what I really was ) I do have friends with benefits but none are lock down material. They are, however, some of the more free thinking women I have met, but knock me out passion is lacking. Oh well, I guess cloning our perfect mate will be the only answer for some of us.

#67738 - 01/10/05 10:30 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
G X B Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Florida
Misdirection and/or deception can be helpful in such instances, assuming you've something to gain. If you're talking about emotional involvement, disregard the first line.

Replace "In God We Trust" with "Responsibility to the Responsible."

"Knowledge is long, and life is short, and he who does not know, does not live." -Baltasar Gracian, The Art of Worldly Wisdom

MySpace | The Third Side Conservative | Undercroft

#67739 - 01/10/05 03:32 PM Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible... [Re: Doorway]
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
I am going to break with many of my colleagues here and say that a long term intimate relationship with a non-Satanist can be possible, but it takes an awful lot of work... so much work that it may not be worth it for most of you.

I am married to a woman that calls herself an atheist. She is aware of my philosophical outlook, and has even familiarized herself with some of Dr. LaVey's books. She claims that while she agrees with much of what Dr. LaVey has written, the philosophy as a whole didn't resonate within her the way it does with many of us.

There are wonderful times, and there are squabbles. She wonders why I am such a selfish, egotistical individual, and I wonder why she is, at times, so altruistic and eager to help those that I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. But through it all, I love her dearly. The joy she brings into my life greatly outweighs all of the differences between us. But for many Satanists, that is not the case, and that's fine. Most of us can't get past those differences. I'm not even sure if I will be able to after a while. I'd like to think so, but only time will tell.

So, before you take your relationship with a "non-Satanist" to that next level of commitment, ask yourself if you think it's really going to be worth it. Are you committing yourself to this person because you really think that their companionship is worth it, or are you just doing it because no one better has come along yet?
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#67740 - 01/10/05 05:01 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible... [Re: Magister_Harris]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia

Quote:

Are you committing yourself to this person because you really think that their companionship is worth it, or are you just doing it because no one better has come along yet?

That would be a bad reason to do it whether the perspective person was a Satanist or not.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#67741 - 02/04/05 11:05 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: Magister_Harris]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
You've pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as how I view it, Reverend. Frankly, ANY relationship of any kind requires work on the parts of all parties involved, whether it's a friendship, sexual relationship, business arrangement, what have you, whether the people involved are Satanists or not. I also view the same distinction TrojZyr does as far as "non-Satanists" and "unSatanics"; where it's definitely more possible (and more practical) to have a relationship with a non-Satanist rather than someone who's views and attitudes are clearly contradictory to Satanism. I'll repeat that it's highly unlikely for two real Satanists to ever meet in the first place and there's still the high likelihood that they might not hit it off (in fact, the possibility exists that the two might hate each other, although with a measure of respect).

There is also the questions that you must ask yourself when entering a relationship:

"What can I tolerate?"
"What can I live without?"
"What CAN'T I tolerate?"

I'm currently in a relationship with someone who describes herself as "Wiccan", but doesn't have most of the fluffy-bunny attitudes most have, doesn't seem to really bother with magic, and THANKFULLY doesn't have that irritating "Goddess-complex" most Wiccan women have. Many of her attitudes are closely in line with mine, although she does tease me often about my ego . When we first started talking, she thought like so many do ( ) that Satanists sacrificed cats and babies and such bullshit, but I directed her to the Church's website to debunk that, and even mentioned off-hand that Dr. LaVey himself was quite the animal lover. After we began seeing each other, she started leafing through my copy of the Satanic Bible (I encouraged this; I told her that if she didn't like what she read in TSB, then our chances were nil, because that book describes much of who I am and how I view things) and found that she found Dr. LaVey quite fascinating. Since then, she bought Secret Life of a Satanist and we've watched Speak of the Devil together.

Yes, we have our squabbles and some minor incompatibilities, but what relationship doesn't? If people always agreed with each other...if there was no conflict...there'd be no growth; only stagnation. I'd rather have a little bit of conflict rather than a whole lotta boredom .

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#67742 - 02/04/05 11:31 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: Nyarlathotep]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

I'll repeat that it's highly unlikely for two real Satanists to ever meet in the first place and there's still the high likelihood that they might not hit it off (in fact, the possibility exists that the two might hate each other, although with a measure of respect).

I would love to hear from some of the people who have done this. I know there are Satanists who are in relationships with other Satanists,(our fearless leaders for example) or who have been in those types of relationships. How well does it work? I keep thinking it would be difficult to have two strong willed, strong headed people together. What are the pitfalls? Do you compromise?

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#67743 - 02/04/05 11:48 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: dragondancer]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

I think with any relationship there must be a measure of compromise, as long as it works out in your favor.

Just think to yourself: "Who gains more from this compromise?"

-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#67744 - 02/04/05 12:03 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: Nyarlathotep]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Other questions you have to ask yourself when you enter a relationship:

What do I value the most?
What are my deepest held values and ethics?
What, if I surrendered it, would cause me great pain?

This allows you to create definitive "benchmarks" or what have you so that you can recognize exactly when and how compromise in a relationship or pleasing the new squeeze has gone too far.

I'd also recommend analyzing the boyfriend or girlfriend to see what they are like before you get too deep. If you see them submitting to you too much or changing too much (and "too much" is something you define, I suppose), that may also be grounds to get out of the relationship. I for one dislike the idea of having a "sleeping dragon" in my midst who begrudgingly pretends to submit to or applaud my whims, but is actually running contrary to them or objects to them.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#67745 - 02/04/05 12:15 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: TrojZyr]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Precisely - I've been there already and have no intentions of ever going there again.

-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#67746 - 02/04/05 12:34 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
FallenFairy69 Offline

Loc: knoxville,tn
I've had this problem off and on thrugh out most of my relationships.The way to solve this is be very frank and up frount in the beginning.It saves alot of heartache.This should be talked about before you go out or on the first date,the second at the latest.That way no one is attached to any one and you've lost nothing.I always try to have a long talk with someone before anything ever happens so I can get a feel for them and so I can tell them that I am a Satanist and what I do for a living so they can't freak out on me later.If they can't come to grips with it in that first conversation they won't ever so don't kid yourself.

#67747 - 02/04/05 07:02 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
zouzoumamoux Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Infernal Empire
Of the vast Potential partners you could meet in this great World of ours, Each one is completely Unique. the Fact that one would be objectionable to the term Satanist, would not necessarily mean their views would not be Satanic by nature....

Two people with different Labels can coExist happily as long as neither one has a "religious issue". when a Relationship can Transcend Labels and Dogmas it is 2 individuals demonstrating respect for their partner thru the acceptance of their views, but finding Harmony in coExisting Together. a sad Reality for the Animal cursed with intellect , because other Animals just like the way other Animals Smell...

Worth repeating...with CAPS..."Religious Issue"...beware to get involved with anyone you already feel concerned to tell, its a Sign its wrong and Question Yourself for even entertaining the thought...otherwise, EveryThing else can be Bought

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12164 Members
73 Forums
43923 Topics
405752 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements