Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#67748 - 02/05/05 02:59 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Happy Birthday Dragonplayroom Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California-USA
Well... Hmmm Thats a touchy subject. In my experience i've delt with girls who say they are not religous BUT they are. For some reason they get all preachy after we reach a comfortable stage to have sex. Then it ends up down hill from there. I dated one girl who she said she did not like Christianity. With that in mind I thought it was ok. I did not have to walk on pins & needles. But her mom kept insisting that we went to a Catholic Church because she thought we were spending to much time together and we were in SIN. Right now I am into female friends for talk,pleasure, play, passion, and lust. When the time comes i'll be with someone of my own kind

#67749 - 02/05/05 04:36 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The City of Red Lights
I am starting to see a pattern...

Can/Should I befriend/date/marry non-Satanists?
Am I a Satanist if I don't practice Greater Magic?
Will Satanism become the mainstream religion of the nation/world?
Will Satanism form a new government or take over the current one [U.S.]?
Am I a Satanist if I do something illegal [specifically drugs]?
Should a Satanist hunt or eat meat?
Would you sacrifice your life for something?
Does the 11th Satanic Rule of the Earth mean I should murder the dolt?
Etc. Etc.

How many times do these questions need to be asked?

#67750 - 02/05/05 12:50 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Cain76 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: mississippi
In most instances of dating, a woman would not know my views on religion. By the time she does, she should know me well enough to decide if she cares for me or not, because of my views or despite them. In a few rare occasions where it did matter to her, I'm glad i found out when i did rather than later in life. My view is one will either accept me for who I am or one will not. As far as dating goes when you find out my beliefs you will still care for me or you won't just like when I find out hers.

#67751 - 02/05/05 02:59 PM Dating/Marraige [Re: Doorway]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I view the two in entirely different contexts.

I could easily date someone who was not a Satanist, and like them quite fine. If I were merely having sex with someone, I wouldn't care what their religion was, at all. If its something else, then I prefer that they be at least pleasant (i.e. not sheeple), and at best, accepting of my religious choices.

Marraige, on the other hand, is something I don't believe in compromising even one iota of the relationship in. Marraige is a huge life investment, so I made sure to pick a good one. My mate is a Satanist, highly intelligent, shares all my fetishes, meets most of my fetishes (its physically impossible for one person to meet all my fetishes), accepts all my personal habits (important, since many personal decisions can be considered unacceptable by others even if they are choices that many people make, for example the choice to own guns, have kids, drink alcohol, etc), and shares my long term goals. We are supremely compatable, and therefore she is my permanent mate and future reproductive partner. Anything less would be out of the question for me.

#67752 - 02/05/05 03:59 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: dragondancer]
sCara Offline

Quote:

I would love to hear from some of the people who have done this. How well does it work? I keep thinking it would be difficult to have two strong willed, strong headed people together. What are the pitfalls? Do you compromise?

Hail Satan!

I never planned on getting married until I met My One. He is a Satanist to the bone. Our relationship is so natural and effortless to the point of making some quite sick..

We work together, are home together, work on our respective projects seperately but within the same space together, share time with loved ones together..

We often hear commentary from others that there is no way in all hell s/he could spend that much time with a partner. He and I were very much the same way before we found one another.

Speaking with a friend earlier in the week, I compared being in a relationship with a non-Satanist to my marriage by stating that then I wasted so much time trying to breathe underwater and am now finally able to breathe in actual air.

#67753 - 02/05/05 05:03 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: sCara]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

Speaking with a friend earlier in the week, I compared being in a relationship with a non-Satanist to my marriage by stating that then I wasted so much time trying to breathe underwater and am now finally able to breathe in actual air.

So it all boils down to " just breathe" eh? Thanks for sharing that, it is encouraging to hear that this type of relationship works well and that yes, actually two Satanists can meet ( though the odds are against it) and make it work.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#67754 - 02/06/05 06:46 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible... [Re: Magister_Harris]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
Well said Reverend,

I think it needs to be clear from the outset, what is acceptable and what is not. For me, a mate need not agree with what I do, but must be able to live with it. If my own nature (ie, Satanism) becomes an issue, then the relationship has run its course. It's a shame, but that's life. As the good Doktor himself said, he had enough people decrying him, he didn't need his "friends" doing it too. A disagreement is fine, wholesale argument isn't.

The thing I'd like to add to this discussion however, is how one looks at things naturally. Because I'm a Satanist (by definition and not choice) there will be parts of my personality that simply won't fit with other people. This is true irrespective of your religion, but let's face it - Satanists are extreme by nature and are not renowned for sacrificing what truly makes them tick. I think that so long as two people are compatible, then it will work out just fine. Remembering of course (as Reverend Harris stated) that sometimes it will need work. I suppose the real question would be;

"Is what I lose outweighing what I gain?"

As a Satanist, a personality IS a defining feature. I suspect it's the same for other people.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#67755 - 02/06/05 06:48 AM Re: A suggestion. [Re: Spitt]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
I second this sentiment. In a word;

Genius.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#67756 - 02/06/05 11:09 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: Nyarlathotep]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

I think with any relationship there must be a measure of compromise, as long as it works out in your favor.

Just think to yourself: "Who gains more from this compromise?"

I am thinking that compromise means you both give up something of equal value so you both gain in the end. If one person is gaining more than the other, it isn't really a compromise it is a sacrifice on the part of the one who is gaining less. No?

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#67757 - 02/06/05 06:08 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

the day i met my girlfriend, we have talked for hours and then all night long...i knew she hadn't beliefs but a lot of questions in her mind, plus she never thought about satanism at all.. so i started to speak about my passions, rebellions, ways to see life and gave a lot of examples etc... more we spoke, more i felt her inside waking-up,something in her eyes, and then she asked me :" ooh BUT, that's exactly what i had always thought in my life, i don't belong to this majority of people...but...what is it?!" ... so here, it's the moment to take your sexiest voices and say :" satanism baby" ... lol

#67758 - 02/06/05 06:39 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: dragondancer]
Julie72 Offline

Loc: Santa Monica, California
I like to ask myself a question in any relationship, is it worth it? I am not the type of person who is trying to spend huge amounts of energy convincing someone that my religion is the best and or only way. It's possible for a non-Satanist and Satanist to have a relationship. I can usually read a person like a book depending on how they react to my Baphomet pin on my jacket. On the other hand, I'mm not sure a person who objects to my Satanic beliefs is a person I would like to spend a lot of time with. I would prefer to stick to my own kind.

#67759 - 02/07/05 02:07 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Rajed Offline

Loc: France (Réunion)
You give your mate a personnal test writing in regard to the philosophy of Satanism.

If she/he has the medium you can tell her/he about Satanism. He/she's not, you have dont need to do.

But don't forget the LaVey Synthetizer and the Satanic Sex.

"Sin well !" _Anton Szandor LaVey

#67760 - 02/07/05 02:11 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Rajed]
Rajed Offline

Loc: France (Réunion)
Quote:

You give to your mate a personnal test writing in regard to the philosophy of Satanism.

If she/he has the medium you can tell her/he about Satanism. He/she's not, you have dont need to do.

But don't forget the LaVey Synthetizer and the Satanic Sex.

"Sin well !" _Anton Szandor LaVey

#67761 - 02/07/05 06:24 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
SubOptimo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Right said highland_devil.
I had the same. The only thing I could signal her was: 'Take me as I am, or leave it'
She took me!

#67762 - 02/07/05 06:27 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Assabrah]
SubOptimo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Nod, nod!
Yeah! Agreed!

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12281 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404442 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM