Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#67763 - 02/07/05 06:29 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Wonka]
SubOptimo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Forever.

#67764 - 02/08/05 05:36 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
darkangel1210 Offline

Loc: England
I've found no problems with my bf's opinions or his attitude towards me since I told him that I follow the satanic philosophies of Dr Lavey. Of course he was interested and wanted to know exactly what satanism is to me and asked the ususal questions. But I figure that he's accepted my views like I've accepted his views which are pagan. He hasn't tried to force me to change my viewss because of Christian propaganda. In fact he couldn't give a s**t about what Christians say or do. And from what I know of his views, Paganism seems pretty similar to Satanism, from what he has told me. So we get along fine.

Sorry this wasn't very interesting btw. But, to answer your question, I think it's a very good idea to get to know the person first before you start to date them. If they don't agree or won't agree with your beliefs / views before you are going out, than what's the point? Ditch them quick and find someone else. They're not worth the trouble.
What does not kill me, makes me stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche Man is the cruelest animal - Friedrich Nietzsche Governments should be afraid of their people, not people of their governments - V, 'V for Vendetta'

#67765 - 02/08/05 01:51 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Curiosa Offline

Loc: New England
I see no huge reasons why Satanists and Non-Satanists cannot be in relationships. I will use myself as an example:
My boyfriend, who is non-religious, is perfectly fine with what I believe. I had to explain my beliefs because he didn't have the slightest clue as to what Satanism was, but once I did and we got to talking, he told me he has no problems whatsoever. I got to know him very well before I told him this tidbit of info.

This is my opinion, take it for what you will:
I really don't think that religion/philosophy should be the main deciding factor as to whether or not a person is "date-able" for you. Also, being up-front with your religion is not always necessary, because sometimes this can appear as if you are trying to shove it down their throat. I recommend getting to know the person as a whole being first, and let them do the same to you. This way, if and when your religious preferences are ever asked about, or if you decide to tell them about it, your sweetie will most likely not have as much of a problem accepting your beliefs, because they know the real YOU and have accepted that much already.
Just my $0.02

#67766 - 03/21/06 10:16 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Buffy Offline

Loc: Mackay- Australia
Well actually I am the same as you I believe when it comes to dating. Once though I did date someone who claims to be a satanist, yeah he was intelligent, but unfortunatly a very self destructive person. Even when you think sometimes there are those you can relate to they sometimes turn into a psychotic self destructive maniac. Really I think anyone can be intelligent it's whether or not they chose to be, unfortunatly the one thing with Satanism and dating is it can attract the person of your dreams or a complete and utter lunatic that like to fuck with peoples minds.

Hail Satan!

The most successful people are those who are good at plan B.

#67767 - 03/21/06 10:44 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Buffy]
Mile_Highlander Offline

Generally, it's a bad idea. Even if the other person claims to be 'ok' with it now, how do you know they won't turn into some fanatical born-again down the road. Call me cynical, but I would see it as a point of contention as long as the relationship lasts. Make you own calls though....

#67768 - 03/22/06 07:26 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Lust Offline

I have seen Cats, and Dogs get along quite well with each-other for about an hour after that time, the Dog just bit off the Cats head.
True story.

Animal Nature will win every time.
Hail Satan!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#67769 - 03/22/06 10:45 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Buffy]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>Well actually I am the same as you I believe when it
>>comes to dating.

Do you know the guy you're responding to hasn't posted here in over a year? Check out the profile.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#67770 - 03/23/06 01:04 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Titania Offline

I had a partner who considred themself to be a 'child of Gordon Gekko', wholeheartedly championing Neitzchian and Rand-ian philosophy including the rationale of 'greed is good.' Unfortunately, they were unable to remove thier 'good guy' badge, having a problem with the 'S' word. The relationship didn't last, as the person was in love with someone else, namely themselves!

#67771 - 03/24/06 09:21 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
LOTH Offline

Loc: Indiana
I in fact am married and found out I was a Satanist after we were married. But because we have more love and respect for each other than people think is possible she was fine with it in fact she has started reading The Satanic Witch. She has always been interested in witchcraft of any sort. She wants to read The Satanic Bible afterwards which of course I wanted to hear. But she already practices a lot of the philosophy already, I just dont point it out to her. We support each other fully and if we could spend all our time together we would. She is the main love in a very short list, that includes no members of my family, that I can say I really love with a whole heart.
HS!

#67772 - 03/24/06 11:50 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Quote:

You know, regardless of what it is actually supposed to mean I find it weird that people often use the word 'humanist' as a substitute for 'Satanist'. Doesn't it just sound awfully touchy-feely? Like it could also be a synonym for 'humanitarian'?

In Norway, we have just the word humanism.Humanism means Wishy-washy goodguy-badge be-nice-to-everyone slave mentality, in my eyes.

I liked the term rational hedonist.
I have, at times, called myself a Social Darwinist, but in Norway that term is mentally connected with Hitler, and I really don't want to discuss Nazism at all, so I stopped using it. I think I'll start using the rational hedonist term. It was really good! Thanks Warlock!

#67773 - 03/24/06 12:03 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

I am with someone now who is not a Satanist. She was brought up a devout Jehovah's witness but no longer prescribes to that religion. She doesn't quite understand Satanism only because (as she admits) that she has been brainwashed. My beliefs are mine and I don't try to force them on her but we do discuss them. Satanists are hard to find especially in the area I am at so it would be hard for me to date someone that is. Ultimately, the female that I am with now is: easy to get along with, doesn't drink or use drugs and respects me as I do her. That is all A ok with me! The best thing is that she accepted it, if she didn't I wouldn't be with her. If you find someone that won't accept it without reservation from the time you meet, don't waste your time.

#67774 - 03/24/06 03:34 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
philosodream Offline

You should probably take it easy...pick out a girl that you think would be able to have a discussion(good luck) and then ease into it if you think she is open minded enough(even more luck). You know what is funny about being Christian, Christians dont know how to be Christ like. Christ was open minded and kind and was non judgemental...anyway. Just convince her that being a Satanist does not mean you are a rapist, murderer or your basic freak, those are the dudes that got fucked up by their mothers...not you. Really just tell her to watch the news andthe reporters and that is your basic Satanist, hee hee. No really, it will take some work but if your a nice dude she will dig you. Did this help? You know most girls just want a nice guy who will go down on them, can I say that? shit.

#67775 - 03/25/06 04:50 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
mastiva Offline
CoS Member

This is an interesting topic...I have been in relationships with Satanists, and in some that...well...

My last relationship was with someone who was in the process of becoming dissillusioned with the Christian faith. He in fact lied to me for a few months about his religion; he said he didn't really have one. It seemed strange, but hey, he had some good ideas, and was artistically talented.

Quickly though, the relationship became extremely volatile. He told me he had been a Christian, but that he had lost his faith. Recurring conversations he would start on the topic of Jesus made me want to choke him. It was not even so much any hatred I bear for Christians, or Jesus - I was just SICK of hearing about idiocy I had never believed in to begin with, so the topic was quite irritating.

Furthermore, we fought as I have never fought anyone in my life. It was god awful fighting - and much of the time it seemed to not make sense, because the reasons behind it was from the lack of understanding and ability to communicate between us. I would even become physically violent, punching walls and what not out of my frustration at some moron who can't get concepts into or out of his head.

Needless to say, that relationship ended.

NOW, I am dating a person who holds no religion, but if I have Ever met a defacto Satanist, he is definetely one of them. At it is just a great, loving, understanding relationship; he is a brilliant elite man, who naturally follows most of the Satanic rules and statements.

So! I think a Satanist can date someone (successfully) who is a Satanist, a defacto, or at least someone who is not a Christian. Now, I've had yet to have dated an official Buddhist or Hindu, but I think it would probably work out pretty alright.

Yeah, the bottom line for me is - no Christians.

#67776 - 03/27/06 06:33 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Dantehnerd Offline

Loc: Nevada
In my honest opinion, Sataists can have relationships with non-satanists. As long as the person in the other religion is not extremely strict with their religion.

#67777 - 03/27/06 11:10 PM The Elephants in the Living Room [Re: Doorway]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA
There they are. Theyre sitting right there. Nobody says a fucking word. Hmmm--what to do...

SUCCESS, FAILURE AND THEIR YARDSTICK
I'd say the divorce rate in general, and here in California in particular, is clear indication that humans tend to lose their perspective when they enjoy a great fuck. Its hard to fuck with your hands full, so we put down whatever is in the way and get busy.

For those who have discovered their ego and that it is a good thing, its a matter of enhancement or encumbrance. The Satanist, who has not only discovered his/her ego, but is incredibly familiar with its compatibility, and revels in its development, there should be no question in this area, any more than one blanket answer. It is ridiculous to think success or failure in a relationship is a matter of ones proclaimed alignment with Satanism. I really like the term de facto. It leaves plenty of room for a second person in the relationship. If I want to fuck a mirror image, I can do that in the bathroom.

As a Satanist, I am incredibly familiar with how little I have experienced of the Universe, and am driven with an insatiable curiosity. While I think Crowley was a shit-head in most respects, his 7th and 18th theorems hit the nail right on the head here (even a stopped clock is right on the money twice a day), and are principles I live by. If she is not the same, Ill feel nothing for her and wouldnt fuck her in the first place. If she is the same, I might take a trip through her wires, but the things that fascinate me may divide us anywaywhich is fine. Theres no chance of her dividing me from my indulgences, nor would she even tryif she did, she wouldnt be there in the first place. The one who can keep me is the one who naturally and perfectly symbolizes everything I love about the Universe, and will thereby be my natural altar.

CHILDREN

I take fatherhood very seriously, and part and parcel with relationships. For this reason, I have been very careful not to have children until I am prepared, and am now nearly finished building a near-foolproof architecture for my childrens future, for when I am. In fact, I am proud to say my childrens financial future is assured, and even their college is already taken care of. I have freed myself of the need for employment, and after this phase of my preparation is finished, will investigate legal requirements for home schooling, as well as whatever may be needed to compensate for the social development lost (if it can be considered a loss) from not interacting with the human-waste clusterfuck of the public schools.

TRANSFORMATION

I am putting this last because I think it the most important factor. My experience has been that there are always 4 people in every failed relationship. The ones we were, and the ones we became because of the other. I know exactly how I want and how I do not want to live as a person in every important respect (this is identityand not to be confused with experience). I wont make or respect any commitment to change. I have never been afraid to compromise certain experiences for the greater indulgences, but identity stays the sameabsolutely satisfying and unyielding. This is my litmus test for consideration of any permanent relationship, as it is essential to fatherhoodwhich naturally follows.

Hail Satan!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12157 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405738 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements