Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#67701 - 12/09/04 09:07 AM Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships?
Doorway Offline

Loc: Roanoke VA
I'm sure this is a common problem with most Satanists.
Is it a good idea to date someone who is not a Satanist, if you are, indeed, a Satanist?
I date around a bit, and I do not bring up my philosophy, mainly because she probably will not understand or it will mess up my game. Anyhow, if one of these ladies decided to take a further step, it will have to be brought up.
Does anybody here have any good stories of successful or unsuccessful attempts of making this work?
I'm sure they'll all be interesting!

#67702 - 12/09/04 09:31 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Mr_Atrox Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lycopolis
I had a rather interesting 'coming out' with regard to telling my now-wife as we were dating and as we decided to become monogamous.

She wasn't the least bit surprised, in fact, she knew all about Dr. LaVey. Her mother had purchased a Satanic Bible for her when she was 16! She'd found it interesting, but that was about the extent of it for her. In any event, it has never been a problem!

#67703 - 12/09/04 10:20 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
SubOptimo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
I simply leave this point out of discussions. Why should I give insight to my religion to a complete stranger? And it is not a good style trying to impress young ladies with your sinister philosophy. If You life it, Your appearence will attract them and not Your words. If she resonates with Your points of view, well then You can lead the discussion to satanism.
Don't evangelize.

H.S.!

#67705 - 12/09/04 01:01 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
If you mean as peers, then:

Satanist + Non-Satanist = Fire + Water

#67706 - 12/09/04 07:46 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Ram_Abbalah Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Reno, NV
I am currently spending time with a lovely lady who is an Atheist. She knows I'm a Satanist & we get along wonderfully.
"...I have built a mechanical sanctuary. In it copper bats fly on electric beams, brass rats scuttle in plastic cellars, robot skeletons dance; robot vampires, harlequins, wolves, and white phantoms, compounded of chemical and ingenuity, live here."

"Usher II"
The Martian Chronicles
by Ray Bradbury

#67707 - 12/09/04 08:02 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
PanzerWolf Offline

Loc: South, AL
I date around alot, an I have never reaveled my faith. An if asked I simply say I am an athiest. I am there to have fun an enjoy that particular women's company (an body). Not to explain the beleif system of satanism an/ or why I would ever want a part of it.

However if I inquire it of her an it seems she is also a satanist or someone of reletive veiws. I may reveal myself. The women I am going out with now is a "christian" so she claims. But we never make reference to religion, an she does not attend curch. So whatever it makes no never mind to me, if she finds out an starts to preach at me, that will be it. Break up an move on. To put it simply.

But generally I think it is best to keep it to yourself if possible.
Christ Chex, start your day off the holy way. My accomplishments: ROTC, Cadet of the month (November), Author of "A Final Plea" (Soon to be published), 04 class LET II advancement, South, Alabama battle of the bands 3rd place.

#67708 - 12/09/04 10:07 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
My current wife is not a Satanist. She knows I'm one and that's no big deal.

#67709 - 12/09/04 10:17 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Old_Pig]
zaxaf Offline
CoS Member

Good topic! This is a issue i have given thought myself. I have to be careful becouse if i like someone i also do not want to mess up my game and say I AM A SATANIST! And have the poor girl run out the door for fear of being sacrificed or something ridiculous along those lines!

As Dr. LaVey has stated, do not tell everyone what you are, as most will not accept, do not get yourself into the comfortable illusion everyone is like you, as they are NOT! The Good Doctor said something that is along those lines, i do not have my books nearby so i cannot quote exact.

I tend to tell people i am Social Darwinist/Humanist. It is easier for people to digest than SATANIST! The dreaded S word will get people to turn there heads everytime! A friend of mine who is a CoS member and long time follower of the Dr. tells people she is a LaVeyian and it is a Earth based religion. Hope this helps!

#67710 - 12/09/04 10:52 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>Is it a good idea to date someone who is not a Satanist,
>if you are, indeed, a Satanist?

Things can certainly get rough when people of two different religions date each other, especially if at least one of them is actually religious, as opposed to merely carrying the label because it's what their parents raised them as. In this case, Satanism is no exception. Still, there have been plenty of happy couples who had religious differences, yet it never was a problem for them.

Unfortunately, single Satanists have to accept a very hard fact: we're quite a minority. Some Satanists can go their entire lives without meeting another Satanist. Even if two single Satanists meet each other, there's obviously still no guarentee of a mutual attraction. So if a Satanist is going to date at all, I think it's inevitable that he or she will end up dating non-Satanists at one point or another.

>I date around a bit, and I do not bring up my philosophy,
>mainly because she probably will not understand or it will
>mess up my game. Anyhow, if one of these ladies decided
>to take a further step, it will have to be brought up.
>Does anybody here have any good stories of successful or
>unsuccessful attempts of making this work?

In a number of cases, I've mentioned it pretty early. In those cases it acted as a filter; those who were scared away by the term were certainly not my type. Sometimes I told them after meeting up once or twice, sometimes I had my Sigil on when they first met me. I've found that those who at least made the effort to go to the web site and/or read the books I would loan were also level-headed enough to be with for a while.

I'm currently in a long-term (albeit "open") relationship with a woman who identifies as Pagan. I didn't have to tell her about Satanism; she had read The Satanic Bible and knew all about it before she met me. As for our religious differences, they've never been a problem for us.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#67711 - 12/10/04 12:16 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Old_Pig]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

My Dear Pig,

Anyone who would have the good sense to choose to be around you has the full potential to be a Satanist and is, I have no doubt, a defacto Satanist.

I am a true admirer of your brilliant illustrations and congratulate you on your excellent talent!

It is always a pleasure to read your words!

Hail Tha Pig!

#67712 - 12/10/04 12:20 AM Elaboration. [Re: Nemo]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

A non-Satanist is not merely one who doesn't happen to openly and consciously embrace the teachings of Anton LaVey.

I see a non-Satanist as one who cannot be a Satanist.

In other words, a chump.

Loyalty and love can overcome many things but in my own experience loyalty and love are beyond the capacity of any chump.

If your partner is a chump, the chances are good (about 100%) that if you are married you will be divorced sooner or later.

Compatibility is not merely tolerance.

You need to be members of the same species!

#67713 - 12/10/04 01:03 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: zaxaf]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Quote:

I tend to tell people i am Social Darwinist/Humanist

First, let me say this is a general observation and not directed toward you specifically.

You know, regardless of what it is actually supposed to mean I find it weird that people often use the word 'humanist' as a substitute for 'Satanist'. Doesn't it just sound awfully touchy-feely? Like it could also be a synonym for 'humanitarian'? It seems to imply that we like humans, which, in my experience with Satanists, is generally not the case. We tolerate humans, we are humans (though some here would challenge me on that ) and we are quite selective about the humans we actually like.

Personally, I prefer 'rational hedonist'.

And since hedonism has connotations closer to the 'wild side', it might imply something a little more exciting when you use it with the ladies.

Rational hedonism just seems a lot closer in spirit to Satanism than humanism.

To me, personally, 'humanism' just sounds like you want to hug everyone. And that's just not as sexy.

Edited by Agt_Malebranche (12/10/04 01:06 AM)

#67715 - 12/10/04 09:34 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Mr_Atrox]
Doorway Offline

Loc: Roanoke VA
Great responses!
I thought about this after I got off work yesterday, while having a lady friend over for fun, and being that I'm just dating around, it's probably not an issue to be brought up until one simply knocks me off my feet.
Most of us, as was said earlier, may not meet another Satanist to settle down with...but there are a lot of Athiests out there!
Does anyone have any funny stories about "coming out" and the reaction of the partner involved?
HS!

#67716 - 12/10/04 12:11 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Rattlesnake Offline

Loc: Yurop
Unless you are living in some Redneck society where Jesus is the boss, or any fundamentalist society, then religion is not a problem in relationships. Legally there is religious tolerance. I have seen so many people labeling themselves Xtians Muslims or whatever, and I have yet to see one acting as their religion dictates. They just take the label, the imagery, they think that is cool and whaddaya know! Suddenly they think they belong to this religion. Well, they don't. They just act according to their instincts.

As far as the dating game goes. Many people don't have the slightest idea what Satanism is about. Many believe in the idiotic and irrational tales about Satanic Ritual Abuse and immediately label Satanists as criminals. Others think Satanists as brain damaged individuals. Understanding exists when the other party has read at least the basics of Satanic literature.

Im my case, in terms of philosophical discussion, I just make a question. "Have you read anything by Anton LaVey?" If they say no then I do not continue the conversation. If they say yes, I try to elaborate. I ask on their opinions on the matter. At least all of them agree with the greatest part of the Satanic philosophy. With some simple questions like those I understand whether I shoud tell them I am a Satanist or not.

If men were smart, then they would at least try to understand what is going on around them. But most of them unfortunately (or fortunately) are not. So whenever the name "Satanist" comes around you see an instinctive response being activated and they run away in terror. Their intellectual ability is halted and they run and run like berserked monkeys. Today there are so many religions in the world. New and old ones. Xtians, Muslims, Buddhists, Taoists, Hindus, Thelemites, New Age tree huggers, Neo Pagan braindeads, UFO mysticists, Tooth Fairy fanatics, and the list goes on. Somehow, most of them do not even try to look what lies behind the corner. What is behind the dreaded S word. But I guess thats what the name denotes in the first place. Only those who have the sufficient rationality and intellect will dare and look behind the name. Most of them will see their personal philosophies blend perfectly and also written on a level they could not fully express. I guess that's what it means that Satanists are born not made.

#67717 - 12/10/04 12:16 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I think there is a distinction between someone who is nonsatanic and someone who is unsatanic. Naturally, I'm going to be using terminology that has different connotations to many people here, so I'm just using terminology I personally relate to.

Satanists will generally not be able to hold down relationships with people who are unsatanic--meaning, people whose beliefs and actions are absolutely contrary and opposite to Satanism. Interestingly enough, a young fellow who may fit this definition is presently pining for me (which is an understatement, unfortunately), so I'm having to work on banishing him without any kind of backlash or explosion. While his attention is flattering, I fully realize that we will ultimately be like fire and water.

I think Satanists can get along with non-satanists, however, meaning people whose actions and beliefs may not exactly mirror Satanism, but do not directly contradict or clash with it, either. Various nonsatanists may possess just the right amount of satanic or "satanism-friendly" traits or beliefs for there to be combatibility. I'd say another level up is the "de-facto Satanist."

So, Satanists can certainly get along with people who are not card-carrying Satanists, but these people still have to possess that special je nais se quois. A bonobo might get away with dating a gorilla or chimp, but could not tolerate courting a weasel, a fish, or even a lemur, if the analogy makes sense.

Oh, and you wanted a story, eh?

My ex-boyfriend is a very sweet, kind individual, but is not a Satanist. (He thought he was for about a week once, though.) Some of his traits and beliefs are merely nonsatanic, others are flagrantly unsatanic, and he's too gentle and sensitive to be able to get along with the likes of many of you guys. I think I made my views clear to him in about the first few weeks of dating, and I had him read the Satanic Bible. He was still fine with me, but mostly iffy about Satanism. On one occasion early in the relationship, when I was ranting violently about some television personalities while watching TV (I love doing that), he was deeply shocked and insinuated that Satanism was "changing" me. (We had been dating for only a few weeks, and I had been a practicing Satanist for *years* before that, so not only was his insinuation insulting, his presumptuous math was all wrong on several counts.) We're good friends now, but he's my ex because I need someone more satanic in a committed relationship.

I unfortunately seem to attract many kinds of unsatanic and generally nutty people. I think this is because I am a very strong, firm person, and leeches want to draw from that, and because I possess obvious "different" traits, physical and otherwise, which makes disaffected ne'er-do-well outsiders--ESPECIALLY ones with neurological or physical disorders-- all fluttery with thoughts of how I'm "just like them." (Yuck. ) However, all this does make my radar for crazies very keen and sensitive--sometimes too sensitive.

At my age, in my environment, mature guys, let alone suitably Satanic ones, are in short supply.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#67718 - 12/14/04 12:38 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
ArkhamMiskatonic Offline

My girl is not a Satanist, in fact I would say she is an agnostic (I'm pretty sure she would err on the side of Pascal's wager).... but she is a wonderful, amazing, vivacious, intelligent woman. She adds immeasurably to my life and the thought of limiting my relationships to only those who share my religious views scares me. I mean, just look at some of the phonies who tramp through this board shouting "Satanist."

However she has very Satanic atttitudes, and I encourage these manifestations whenever I see them occur. In her view we are both social realists, neither of us believe in limiting our experiences based on some arbitrary moral code, and we seek pleasure and satisfaction for ourselves here and now.... I just have the balls to say God does not exist.

When I told her the deal with Satanism etc., she was very accepting. I had her listen to a Peter Gilmore interview... it was funny, when she was done she said: "Oh... That's it?"
I think she felt very let down after hearing about the horrrors of the Satanic cabal through popular culture and then hearing about what a pragmatic, realistic religion it really was.

So she is very cool with it, as have been many of the people who have found out in one way or another, they react based on the kind of person you are, they reflect on what you have achieved and where you are heading, and I think they accept it as a part of you they have always known but have been unable to name. In fact I have a sneaking suspicion I am getting something from the COSEmpor for my birthday, I saw a email from COSEmp over her shoulder one day.... hmmmmmm......

#67719 - 12/16/04 06:21 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Shiva Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Ormond Beach, FL
My husband will not call himself a Satanist, although he agrees with much of the philosophy. If he was someone who had a strong faith in an opposing religion and didn't have the makings to be a Satanist, I'm sure we'd have quite a few squabbles.

I have been in a more opposing religiously-mixed marriage before, and while it wasn't the main reason the marriage ended, it did spark quite a few arguments and extremely stressful situations. Some religions put a heavy emphasis on being around your own kind and making sure your loved ones will be with you for whatever afterlife reward they believe lies in store. Even if you agree that your faiths are different, it can put a lot of stress on the relationship when one starts worrying about the soul of the other. The "we'll be in together in heaven" song and dance doesn't play out well in situations like that. (Thoughts of this nature would ocassionally throw my ex-husband into serious bouts of depression, followed by periods of distancing himself from me for a while.)

Granted, I was divorced long before I ever called myself a Satanist. I imagine that had I begun during that marriage, it would have played a bigger part in the turmoil due to the misconceptions so many people have about Satanism. I suppose to some people atheists are still seen as being "undecided".

I've had other people, some whom I've never even been romantically involved with, express sorrow to me that they will "miss me" in heaven/paradise/whatever. I can only imagine how that must feel to some people who truly believe in those lines of faith, and I can certainly see how that could poison an otherwise compatible and loving relationship.

"The ugliest of trades have their moments of pleasure. Now, if I were a grave-digger, or even a hangman, there are some people I could work for with a great deal of enjoyment." - Douglas Jerrold

#67720 - 12/16/04 08:01 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Captn_Thatch Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 115°49'00"W 37°14'00"N
Personally I find it incredibly annoying when I have a particularly strong emotional and Satanic reaction to something, yet I must refrain from expressing it. It is easy to refrain, but the way it effects my subconscious is atrocious. My g/f and I are both unusually pissed-off people in general, but this isn't the measure of compatibility I dreamt it to be.

I also find that limiting a ritual to times when my girlfriend is out of town is reprehensibly sick-headed. My Church of Satan association is no secret, and my g/f has never been religious in her life, but rituals still seem to bother her. Even though I lended her the Satanic Bible on the first day of our acquaintance, and don't hide my interests at all, she still gets uptight about the rituals. Prepare yourself for the Human Unpredictability Principle. If you are not in a relationship yet, but you are thinking about it, consider what sort of mental, emotional and even physical (i.e., fetishes) restraint you may have to deal with if you take on living with a non-Satanic mate. Consider what extent you could or could not voice yourself and feel at liberty to do and say what you want, if the one you take time to attract has the slightest issue or anxiety about you as a Satanist. Self-expression is one of the inevitable causes of disagreements that you can't give up. For me, it is difficult to keep to myself. This can also rob a Satanist of a good degree of magical potential that could have otherwise been invested usefully. A lot of responses to the question here are offering realistic compromises that are claimed to work, (perhaps they do) but don't interpret this as a reason to give any relationship the benefit of the doubt. It's a demanding choice; a much easier "reaction" to start a relationship. Knowing yourself well is just as important as knowing someone else well. I'm convinced that any restraint that I put upon myself and my freedom of self-hood is one less thing I've got to be proud of. (Unless restraint is part of "universal" aesthetics; then I'm guilty as hell) The Bitch Goddess who ruled that immediate self-gratification would be easily accompanied by long term aggravation certainly has managed an outstanding and long-lasting dynasty and probably will persist without repent.

#67721 - 12/17/04 05:18 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Quija Offline

Today I know I'm a Satanist. My girl and I worked that out together in the last couple of years. I did the reading, hers was the thinking.

She on the other hand insits on calling herself a Catholic. I guess she just figures a Catholic-Satanists couple to be the cooler thing.

#67722 - 12/17/04 05:05 PM I see... [Re: Quija]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

I see a problem forming in your relationship.

Good luck.

#67723 - 12/19/04 12:38 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Koumeirah Offline

Had a most unfortunate relationship that went on and off with a Christian who wasn't quite certain they WERE one. This was during the time where I hadn't exactly focussed myself into Satanism, but.. At any rate, they knew that I was interested in Satanism, and were skeptical and supposedly open to learning about it.

Unfortunately, this was also the breed of Christian that had to bitch about everything they had and didn't have, material or otherwise. They felt they had to give everyone something and in turn be rewarded. Essentially, I was dealing with a psychic vampire.

But I came to my senses, since my annoyance meter was vibrating off the red zone. I came to realize that their 'open-mindedness' was merely a cover, since they happen to live a life of rather complete sin, but are, of course, the epitome of perfection.

Personal little rant here, but if it helps, good! Also gets a little rage off my back.

#67724 - 12/23/04 03:40 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Koumeirah]
Nostias Offline

Loc: East London UK
My girlfriend is not a Satanist but she does not mind as shes pretty much agnostic her self so it's not problematic.
Satanists arn't that common so for the most part we end up forming relationships with non~satanists.

Normally my faith casues rifts with my christian friends.
However we agree to disagree and try not to bring it up too much.

#67725 - 12/28/04 06:25 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Koumeirah]
scoundrel Offline

Loc: Philippines
I have been never into relationship.
And even if I do, I will be grateful.

#67726 - 12/28/04 10:57 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Ceallach Offline

Loc: Northern Virginia, USA
Being as I haven't fully embraced Satanism (I am who I am, and may not fit into a specific group), and'm at the crossroads of rethinking where the heck I want to be in life, my husband is, for lack of a better term, an atheist. He had one religion or another shoved down his throat so much as a child/teen he turned his back on them all. I've no doubt, he'd probably make a rather good Satanist However, he chooses nothing, says he believes in himself, over some non-corporeal higher power. As such, we've never once butted heads about religion. If I want to be Wiccan, be wiccan, if I wanted to persue my thoughts on Satanism being more my path, he has not yet batted an eyelash. As we're in a monogamous relationship, and have been for nearly a decade now, he said he'd rather I not start forming a harem of male followers, but otherwise, feel free to do as I wish. It's always been that way; he's an incredibly quiet person; I'm a social type. I go out and do my karaoke, see friends' bands, etc, he's content to sit at home and watch a movie together. Religion's never been a second thought. Our kids will be raised however they decide to be. Most of my family is Wiccan (or in 1 or 2 cases, wannabe wiccans who've read too many books & seen the Craft too many times), so that's what they have experience with. They will, however, be allowed to learn about anything they want. If they want to borrow the Bible when they're old enough to understand it, I'm all for it. I could think of much worse beliefs to have than those founded by LaVey.

#67727 - 12/28/04 11:12 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
ancientrezial Offline

Well, I don't know about your relationship, but I am going to be honest with you, my parents never call themselves nothing, they never went to church... they never cared about religion.
They were wealthy but always selfish.
They never dressed black or even less try to get attention.
They were always proper and secret when it came to their relationship and personal life.
With us, they gave us choices and they were strong about their discipline.. with no exageration.
My relationship... well I introduced my husband to the Satanic Bible, and I said "read it before you say anything and then we will talk"
I wanted to be honest , but I didin't want to enforced anything to him.
But, let me tell you that when I was single, for sure I wasn't looking for someone opinionated or even close to have some sort of christian religion.
I was involved with people with the same interest, So I am sure that is the reason why I didin't have any problems with my relationship.
The easier you can make your life the better and happyer you will be.
And I don't mean lazy easier..
I mean just make it easy for yourself. be practical.

Edited by ancientrezial (12/28/04 11:14 AM)

#67728 - 12/28/04 01:37 PM A suggestion. [Re: Ceallach]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

The next time you think of Satanism consider substituting the word "reality" and then see if meanings quickly resolve themselves ... like magic!

For example, I have substituted reality and realist, etc. in part of your post below"

Quote:

Being as I haven't fully embraced reality (I am who I am, and may not fit into a specific group), and'm at the crossroads of rethinking where the heck I want to be in life, my husband is, for lack of a better term, an atheist. He had one religion or another shoved down his throat so much as a child/teen he turned his back on them all. I've no doubt, he'd probably make a rather good realist However, he chooses nothing, says he believes in himself, over some non-corporeal higher power. As such, we've never once butted heads about religion. If I want to be Wiccan, be wiccan, if I wanted to persue my thoughts on reality being more my path, he has not yet batted an eyelash. ... I could think of much worse beliefs to have than those founded on reality.

This little trick usually helps clarify the Satanic perspective.

#67729 - 12/28/04 02:14 PM She's dating you, not your religion. [Re: Doorway]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
True Satanists tend to be very unique people in the first place. Without even looking at religion, I know that it would take a very open minded person to accept who I am and date me beyond just a sexual relationship. If they are open minded enough to continue a relationship, they are likely to be able to handle knowing about my religion once we have taken the time to get to know and care about each other.

If you reach a point where the person truly cares about you, then your chosen religion shouldn't matter much.

I've only had one serious relationship in the time that I've identified myself as a Satanist. When I first revealed to her what my religion was, she had a bit of a problem with it, mostly due to misconceptions about Satanism. She is fine with the idea now, and a lot of that has to do with her properly understanding what the religion is about. However, something that I think really helped her along the way was pointing out to her that the only person she knew who was a Satanist also happened to be the person she loved most in the world, and that there is little room for coincidence there.

At any rate, it would be important to develop the relationship first, in my opinion. The person is dating you, not your religion. If you get close and care about each other, once again, your religion shouldn't matter. And if it does turn out to be a deal breaker, that person wasn't right for you in the first place (obviously), and you're now free to find one who is.

#67730 - 12/29/04 04:57 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Well I have a special somebody who has been brought up as a catholic. Her parents and, more important, she don't care what I belief in. And it shouldn't matter really. She's a wiccan and as long as she doesn't start preaching about white-magic bull I'll love her to death. In return I won't bother her with my beliefs. Although lately she has been more attracted to Satanism then wicca so I think she is going to see the truth about Satanism soon. At first she didn't know what to make of it really.
I also accepted her parents religion and if they don't accept mine then it's their problem.

#67731 - 12/29/04 07:43 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Nemo]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Thanks, Magister Nemo. It honors me to know you have such esteem.

About the relationship with my (non Satanist) wife, I always say it’s very simple. Even when we have different religions, we both worship the same God!

I worship myself...
She worships me...

#67732 - 12/29/04 09:09 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
simasud666 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New York, USA
When I first met and married my husband, I knew nothing of what he believed in nor did I care.

We met on 5 July and got married on the seventeenth only twelve days later. This was eighteen years ago.

I did give him a glimpse into who I was really by not taking the trip to Hawaii, which he wanted and asked if he would go with me to Salem, which he did. While strolling through Salem and the long deep talks, setting, and talking while looking into each other’s eyes I calmly told him little by little who I was and what I believed in.

I then dropped it and continued with our life together showing him myself and learning to love each other the way everyone does. I went on with our lives and raising our children until I decided it was time to purchase some books that would be of interest to me at which time I took him to a so-called New Age Book Store.

Where I was looking to replace my LaVey books, which my Ex had stolen from me my husband found some Crowley books hidden amongst the used books in the back. He was fascinated and very excepting of the things that he had been missing in life. The next thing I knew he was on a whirlwind of buying all he could find to help him to get to where he is today. He has bought all of Doktor LaVey’s writings, Video’s, CD’s, as well as any book that mentions the Doktor. He also purchased Blanche Barton’s two books as well as many other books that he feels have Satanic Values to them.

I do not suggest this to everyone. However, because I showed the best side of me, not playing head games, being honest, and showing him Love that he had never experienced before allowed us to grow together, trust and understand each other.

When I first got into Satanism in 1970, it was so new that there was no other Satanist around the big city that I lived near. At that time, I did not have the options of travel so I married a childhood sweet heart. He was a Christian Scientist and although he accepted what I was into he turned out to be a jerk and our love failed. My second Husband whom I dated for two years before we got married was a good con artist. He had studied the writings of Doktor LaVey while he had been in Jail. He played the part right up until a month after we were married and then and only then did he show his true self and was only playing the part for sex not only from me but anyone else he could con. Later he told, “That Satanist’s were the best lay’s he had ever had”.

Depending on where you live the chances of meeting another Satanist may be nil. Unless you plan to attend events, parties or Grotto’s of the CoS you may never meet another Satanist. However, if you find some common ground, put your best foot forward in showing yourself, are honest, don’t play head games, Loving and attentive you may just change the mind of another.

Good luck

#67733 - 01/01/05 11:22 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
In my own opinion, Satanists can be in a relationship with whomever he or she pleases, BUT just as long as the partner doesn't try to change, oppose, or scorn his or her Satanic ideals and lifestyle. Having said that, I think that for the most part, the non-Satanists that wouldn't cause much of a problem are agnostics and atheists.

#67734 - 01/01/05 05:39 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Mr. Fox Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Doorway,
May I begin by saying that this is a topic I have dealt with rather closely in my life. It has been interesting reading everyone's stories and has prompted me to share my own. I am myself, in a long term relationship with a man i really love with all my heart. I feel both solid and sure in my knowledge that this person also feels exactly the same about me. Now on to the differences.....Satanist vs. Non-Satanist. I myself am a practicing Satanist and have been for many years, though I had only choosen to take this moniker as a full "label" or "title" at the start of the 2004 year. Shortly thereafter I was to meet my now devoted partner. Upon meeting we had quite the fiery beginning, not exactly filled with talk of "religion" or "spirituality". A short while later I was to discover that he was a member of a Methodist church. Being the person that I am I was obviously apprehensive about the possible implications my beliefs would have on our budding relationship. Of the next few months I listened to everything he had to say about his past, religiously speaking that is. I discovered he had been raised Christian and had later rejected to system in favor of the common teenage fascination with the "New Age" paganism movement. This lasted through his high school years but interest faded as tends to happen with such things. I continued to play the "mysterious" card and slowly drop hints as to my true nature. Saying I had no link to spirituality, leaving myself somewhere between Pagan and Atheist, for him to figure out. Well, come to find out he wasn't so much a member of this church as he was making money off of it. He is a Vocal Performance and Music Education major at the University Of Texas and is actually the paid solo vocalist for the church taking thirty dollars each performance or practice and doing this twice a week. An excellent supplement to our income indeed! I then learned that he did not actually attend church services but instead merely attended to be paid. To move this along, around six months into our relationship I came to the point of making a decisive move or denying my true feelings. At this point I had truly fallen in love with this person and thought the time had come to reveal the truth. We sat down and I decided to speak openly and candidly about my beliefs but before I dropped the "S"-Bomb on him, I decided to go the route of Magister Nemo with the "Reality" and "Selfishness" bit. It worked marvelously and all that was left was the naming of this belief. The interaction could not have gone better, if I had written it myself. We have moved on from this point as he has learned an icredible amount about both Doktor LaVey as well as the church. He has taken to listening to me read aloud from both The Devil's Notebook as well as Satan Speaks. One of his most favorite attributes of Doktor LaVey is the notion the the good Doktor was a musician, which I have stated he is also. His piano situated in our living area is now switched over to organ occasionally to play with great joy The Hymn Of The Satanic Empire. While he is not himself a Satanist he has found many parts of my beliefs which he has carried with him his entire life yet never recognized. He especially appreciates, accepts, and adheres to our modified "Golden Rule". De-Facto Satanist? I am not certain......wonderful person and evidence that a relationship with a Non_Satanist can work......definetly. A year later we are here together and just last night, laying on my couch after a very enjoyable New Year celebration, I hear him call from the other room, "Did you know that you can get a Baphomet Altar Plaque?". Stunned the only response I could muster was....."What in the world are you doing on Satan.Net?". He simply replied, "Just seeing what's going on." I laid back smiling to myself, simply thinking about a wonderful year and hopefully many wonderful years to come. This is my story, I hope some may find it helpful, and not to dreadfully long, I can tend to ramble on. In closing, Happy New Year to all, XL Anno Satanas. My greatest hopes for all those seeking love in a world of hatred. Hail Satan! Hail To The Citizens Of The Infernal Empire!

#67735 - 01/01/05 11:10 PM Re: A suggestion. [Re: Nemo]
Spitt Offline

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Nemo, this is one of the best posts I've ever read, not to mention a damn (pun definetly intended) good definition of Satanism besides what Doktor LaVey taught us. You made my day. I'll be quoting you to friends in further discussions.

#67736 - 01/02/05 07:20 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Malice Offline

Never worked for me, but I can be very hard to get along with, which may be more the root of the problem than Satanism. I also have some very high and often unusual or downright wierd standards and even many Satanists don't meet them. Like if you can't giggle inappropriately at words like "arsemaggots" then I will probably mock or taunt you, but if you can't stop giggling inappropriately at words like "arsemaggots" I will probably try to harm you. That's kind of reasonable. What's not even remotely reasonable is that I want to know if you are giggling at the aural aesthetic of the word or at your associative interpretation, and you bet your arse this matters.
I have one ex who had a peurile obsession with randomly shouting composite words like "arsenipple" generally contructed from colloquialisms for sex acts and body parts. No, it was not Tourette's. This contributed significantly to the termination of the relationship.

#67737 - 01/02/05 09:10 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
MOrdrum Offline

Loc: Miami, Florida
I've had several long term relationships over the years and I must say that it seems ever more hopeless as time passes. There just doesn't seem to be enough women out there that have it takes to roll with big daddy I tried online dating and got told off by a beautiful Brazilian chick because I checked off that I was an Atheist (If she only knew what I really was ) I do have friends with benefits but none are lock down material. They are, however, some of the more free thinking women I have met, but knock me out passion is lacking. Oh well, I guess cloning our perfect mate will be the only answer for some of us.

#67738 - 01/10/05 10:30 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
G X B Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Florida
Misdirection and/or deception can be helpful in such instances, assuming you've something to gain. If you're talking about emotional involvement, disregard the first line.

Replace "In God We Trust" with "Responsibility to the Responsible."

"Knowledge is long, and life is short, and he who does not know, does not live." -Baltasar Gracian, The Art of Worldly Wisdom

MySpace | The Third Side Conservative | Undercroft

#67739 - 01/10/05 03:32 PM Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible... [Re: Doorway]
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
I am going to break with many of my colleagues here and say that a long term intimate relationship with a non-Satanist can be possible, but it takes an awful lot of work... so much work that it may not be worth it for most of you.

I am married to a woman that calls herself an atheist. She is aware of my philosophical outlook, and has even familiarized herself with some of Dr. LaVey's books. She claims that while she agrees with much of what Dr. LaVey has written, the philosophy as a whole didn't resonate within her the way it does with many of us.

There are wonderful times, and there are squabbles. She wonders why I am such a selfish, egotistical individual, and I wonder why she is, at times, so altruistic and eager to help those that I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire. But through it all, I love her dearly. The joy she brings into my life greatly outweighs all of the differences between us. But for many Satanists, that is not the case, and that's fine. Most of us can't get past those differences. I'm not even sure if I will be able to after a while. I'd like to think so, but only time will tell.

So, before you take your relationship with a "non-Satanist" to that next level of commitment, ask yourself if you think it's really going to be worth it. Are you committing yourself to this person because you really think that their companionship is worth it, or are you just doing it because no one better has come along yet?
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#67740 - 01/10/05 05:01 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible... [Re: Magister_Harris]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia

Quote:

Are you committing yourself to this person because you really think that their companionship is worth it, or are you just doing it because no one better has come along yet?

That would be a bad reason to do it whether the perspective person was a Satanist or not.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#67741 - 02/04/05 11:05 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: Magister_Harris]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
You've pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as how I view it, Reverend. Frankly, ANY relationship of any kind requires work on the parts of all parties involved, whether it's a friendship, sexual relationship, business arrangement, what have you, whether the people involved are Satanists or not. I also view the same distinction TrojZyr does as far as "non-Satanists" and "unSatanics"; where it's definitely more possible (and more practical) to have a relationship with a non-Satanist rather than someone who's views and attitudes are clearly contradictory to Satanism. I'll repeat that it's highly unlikely for two real Satanists to ever meet in the first place and there's still the high likelihood that they might not hit it off (in fact, the possibility exists that the two might hate each other, although with a measure of respect).

There is also the questions that you must ask yourself when entering a relationship:

"What can I tolerate?"
"What can I live without?"
"What CAN'T I tolerate?"

I'm currently in a relationship with someone who describes herself as "Wiccan", but doesn't have most of the fluffy-bunny attitudes most have, doesn't seem to really bother with magic, and THANKFULLY doesn't have that irritating "Goddess-complex" most Wiccan women have. Many of her attitudes are closely in line with mine, although she does tease me often about my ego . When we first started talking, she thought like so many do ( ) that Satanists sacrificed cats and babies and such bullshit, but I directed her to the Church's website to debunk that, and even mentioned off-hand that Dr. LaVey himself was quite the animal lover. After we began seeing each other, she started leafing through my copy of the Satanic Bible (I encouraged this; I told her that if she didn't like what she read in TSB, then our chances were nil, because that book describes much of who I am and how I view things) and found that she found Dr. LaVey quite fascinating. Since then, she bought Secret Life of a Satanist and we've watched Speak of the Devil together.

Yes, we have our squabbles and some minor incompatibilities, but what relationship doesn't? If people always agreed with each other...if there was no conflict...there'd be no growth; only stagnation. I'd rather have a little bit of conflict rather than a whole lotta boredom .

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#67742 - 02/04/05 11:31 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: Nyarlathotep]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

I'll repeat that it's highly unlikely for two real Satanists to ever meet in the first place and there's still the high likelihood that they might not hit it off (in fact, the possibility exists that the two might hate each other, although with a measure of respect).

I would love to hear from some of the people who have done this. I know there are Satanists who are in relationships with other Satanists,(our fearless leaders for example) or who have been in those types of relationships. How well does it work? I keep thinking it would be difficult to have two strong willed, strong headed people together. What are the pitfalls? Do you compromise?

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#67743 - 02/04/05 11:48 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: dragondancer]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

I think with any relationship there must be a measure of compromise, as long as it works out in your favor.

Just think to yourself: "Who gains more from this compromise?"

-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#67744 - 02/04/05 12:03 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: Nyarlathotep]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Other questions you have to ask yourself when you enter a relationship:

What do I value the most?
What are my deepest held values and ethics?
What, if I surrendered it, would cause me great pain?

This allows you to create definitive "benchmarks" or what have you so that you can recognize exactly when and how compromise in a relationship or pleasing the new squeeze has gone too far.

I'd also recommend analyzing the boyfriend or girlfriend to see what they are like before you get too deep. If you see them submitting to you too much or changing too much (and "too much" is something you define, I suppose), that may also be grounds to get out of the relationship. I for one dislike the idea of having a "sleeping dragon" in my midst who begrudgingly pretends to submit to or applaud my whims, but is actually running contrary to them or objects to them.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#67745 - 02/04/05 12:15 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: TrojZyr]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Precisely - I've been there already and have no intentions of ever going there again.

-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#67746 - 02/04/05 12:34 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
FallenFairy69 Offline

Loc: knoxville,tn
I've had this problem off and on thrugh out most of my relationships.The way to solve this is be very frank and up frount in the beginning.It saves alot of heartache.This should be talked about before you go out or on the first date,the second at the latest.That way no one is attached to any one and you've lost nothing.I always try to have a long talk with someone before anything ever happens so I can get a feel for them and so I can tell them that I am a Satanist and what I do for a living so they can't freak out on me later.If they can't come to grips with it in that first conversation they won't ever so don't kid yourself.

#67747 - 02/04/05 07:02 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
zouzoumamoux Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Infernal Empire
Of the vast Potential partners you could meet in this great World of ours, Each one is completely Unique. the Fact that one would be objectionable to the term Satanist, would not necessarily mean their views would not be Satanic by nature....

Two people with different Labels can coExist happily as long as neither one has a "religious issue". when a Relationship can Transcend Labels and Dogmas it is 2 individuals demonstrating respect for their partner thru the acceptance of their views, but finding Harmony in coExisting Together. a sad Reality for the Animal cursed with intellect , because other Animals just like the way other Animals Smell...

Worth repeating...with CAPS..."Religious Issue"...beware to get involved with anyone you already feel concerned to tell, its a Sign its wrong and Question Yourself for even entertaining the thought...otherwise, EveryThing else can be Bought

#67748 - 02/05/05 02:59 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Dragonplayroom Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California-USA
Well... Hmmm Thats a touchy subject. In my experience i've delt with girls who say they are not religous BUT they are. For some reason they get all preachy after we reach a comfortable stage to have sex. Then it ends up down hill from there. I dated one girl who she said she did not like Christianity. With that in mind I thought it was ok. I did not have to walk on pins & needles. But her mom kept insisting that we went to a Catholic Church because she thought we were spending to much time together and we were in SIN. Right now I am into female friends for talk,pleasure, play, passion, and lust. When the time comes i'll be with someone of my own kind

#67749 - 02/05/05 04:36 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The City of Red Lights
I am starting to see a pattern...

Can/Should I befriend/date/marry non-Satanists?
Am I a Satanist if I don't practice Greater Magic?
Will Satanism become the mainstream religion of the nation/world?
Will Satanism form a new government or take over the current one [U.S.]?
Am I a Satanist if I do something illegal [specifically drugs]?
Should a Satanist hunt or eat meat?
Would you sacrifice your life for something?
Does the 11th Satanic Rule of the Earth mean I should murder the dolt?
Etc. Etc.

How many times do these questions need to be asked?

#67750 - 02/05/05 12:50 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Cain76 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: mississippi
In most instances of dating, a woman would not know my views on religion. By the time she does, she should know me well enough to decide if she cares for me or not, because of my views or despite them. In a few rare occasions where it did matter to her, I'm glad i found out when i did rather than later in life. My view is one will either accept me for who I am or one will not. As far as dating goes when you find out my beliefs you will still care for me or you won't just like when I find out hers.

#67751 - 02/05/05 02:59 PM Dating/Marraige [Re: Doorway]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I view the two in entirely different contexts.

I could easily date someone who was not a Satanist, and like them quite fine. If I were merely having sex with someone, I wouldn't care what their religion was, at all. If its something else, then I prefer that they be at least pleasant (i.e. not sheeple), and at best, accepting of my religious choices.

Marraige, on the other hand, is something I don't believe in compromising even one iota of the relationship in. Marraige is a huge life investment, so I made sure to pick a good one. My mate is a Satanist, highly intelligent, shares all my fetishes, meets most of my fetishes (its physically impossible for one person to meet all my fetishes), accepts all my personal habits (important, since many personal decisions can be considered unacceptable by others even if they are choices that many people make, for example the choice to own guns, have kids, drink alcohol, etc), and shares my long term goals. We are supremely compatable, and therefore she is my permanent mate and future reproductive partner. Anything less would be out of the question for me.

#67752 - 02/05/05 03:59 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: dragondancer]
sCara Offline

Quote:

I would love to hear from some of the people who have done this. How well does it work? I keep thinking it would be difficult to have two strong willed, strong headed people together. What are the pitfalls? Do you compromise?

Hail Satan!

I never planned on getting married until I met My One. He is a Satanist to the bone. Our relationship is so natural and effortless to the point of making some quite sick..

We work together, are home together, work on our respective projects seperately but within the same space together, share time with loved ones together..

We often hear commentary from others that there is no way in all hell s/he could spend that much time with a partner. He and I were very much the same way before we found one another.

Speaking with a friend earlier in the week, I compared being in a relationship with a non-Satanist to my marriage by stating that then I wasted so much time trying to breathe underwater and am now finally able to breathe in actual air.

#67753 - 02/05/05 05:03 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: sCara]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

Speaking with a friend earlier in the week, I compared being in a relationship with a non-Satanist to my marriage by stating that then I wasted so much time trying to breathe underwater and am now finally able to breathe in actual air.

So it all boils down to " just breathe" eh? Thanks for sharing that, it is encouraging to hear that this type of relationship works well and that yes, actually two Satanists can meet ( though the odds are against it) and make it work.

Hail Satan!

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#67754 - 02/06/05 06:46 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible... [Re: Magister_Harris]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
Well said Reverend,

I think it needs to be clear from the outset, what is acceptable and what is not. For me, a mate need not agree with what I do, but must be able to live with it. If my own nature (ie, Satanism) becomes an issue, then the relationship has run its course. It's a shame, but that's life. As the good Doktor himself said, he had enough people decrying him, he didn't need his "friends" doing it too. A disagreement is fine, wholesale argument isn't.

The thing I'd like to add to this discussion however, is how one looks at things naturally. Because I'm a Satanist (by definition and not choice) there will be parts of my personality that simply won't fit with other people. This is true irrespective of your religion, but let's face it - Satanists are extreme by nature and are not renowned for sacrificing what truly makes them tick. I think that so long as two people are compatible, then it will work out just fine. Remembering of course (as Reverend Harris stated) that sometimes it will need work. I suppose the real question would be;

"Is what I lose outweighing what I gain?"

As a Satanist, a personality IS a defining feature. I suspect it's the same for other people.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#67755 - 02/06/05 06:48 AM Re: A suggestion. [Re: Spitt]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
I second this sentiment. In a word;

Genius.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#67756 - 02/06/05 11:09 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: Nyarlathotep]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

I think with any relationship there must be a measure of compromise, as long as it works out in your favor.

Just think to yourself: "Who gains more from this compromise?"

I am thinking that compromise means you both give up something of equal value so you both gain in the end. If one person is gaining more than the other, it isn't really a compromise it is a sacrifice on the part of the one who is gaining less. No?

Hail Satan!

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#67757 - 02/06/05 06:08 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

the day i met my girlfriend, we have talked for hours and then all night long...i knew she hadn't beliefs but a lot of questions in her mind, plus she never thought about satanism at all.. so i started to speak about my passions, rebellions, ways to see life and gave a lot of examples etc... more we spoke, more i felt her inside waking-up,something in her eyes, and then she asked me :" ooh BUT, that's exactly what i had always thought in my life, i don't belong to this majority of people...but...what is it?!" ... so here, it's the moment to take your sexiest voices and say :" satanism baby" ... lol

#67758 - 02/06/05 06:39 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: dragondancer]
Julie72 Offline

Loc: Santa Monica, California
I like to ask myself a question in any relationship, is it worth it? I am not the type of person who is trying to spend huge amounts of energy convincing someone that my religion is the best and or only way. It's possible for a non-Satanist and Satanist to have a relationship. I can usually read a person like a book depending on how they react to my Baphomet pin on my jacket. On the other hand, I'mm not sure a person who objects to my Satanic beliefs is a person I would like to spend a lot of time with. I would prefer to stick to my own kind.

#67759 - 02/07/05 02:07 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Rajed Offline

Loc: France (Réunion)
You give your mate a personnal test writing in regard to the philosophy of Satanism.

If she/he has the medium you can tell her/he about Satanism. He/she's not, you have dont need to do.

But don't forget the LaVey Synthetizer and the Satanic Sex.

"Sin well !" _Anton Szandor LaVey

#67760 - 02/07/05 02:11 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Rajed]
Rajed Offline

Loc: France (Réunion)
Quote:

You give to your mate a personnal test writing in regard to the philosophy of Satanism.

If she/he has the medium you can tell her/he about Satanism. He/she's not, you have dont need to do.

But don't forget the LaVey Synthetizer and the Satanic Sex.

"Sin well !" _Anton Szandor LaVey

#67761 - 02/07/05 06:24 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships is possible [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
SubOptimo Offline
CoS Member

Right said highland_devil.
I had the same. The only thing I could signal her was: 'Take me as I am, or leave it'
She took me!

#67762 - 02/07/05 06:27 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Assabrah]
SubOptimo Offline
CoS Member

Nod, nod!
Yeah! Agreed!

#67763 - 02/07/05 06:29 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Wonka]
SubOptimo Offline
CoS Member

Forever.

#67764 - 02/08/05 05:36 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
darkangel1210 Offline

Loc: England
I've found no problems with my bf's opinions or his attitude towards me since I told him that I follow the satanic philosophies of Dr Lavey. Of course he was interested and wanted to know exactly what satanism is to me and asked the ususal questions. But I figure that he's accepted my views like I've accepted his views which are pagan. He hasn't tried to force me to change my viewss because of Christian propaganda. In fact he couldn't give a s**t about what Christians say or do. And from what I know of his views, Paganism seems pretty similar to Satanism, from what he has told me. So we get along fine.

Sorry this wasn't very interesting btw. But, to answer your question, I think it's a very good idea to get to know the person first before you start to date them. If they don't agree or won't agree with your beliefs / views before you are going out, than what's the point? Ditch them quick and find someone else. They're not worth the trouble.
What does not kill me, makes me stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche Man is the cruelest animal - Friedrich Nietzsche Governments should be afraid of their people, not people of their governments - V, 'V for Vendetta'

#67765 - 02/08/05 01:51 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Curiosa Offline

Loc: New England
I see no huge reasons why Satanists and Non-Satanists cannot be in relationships. I will use myself as an example:
My boyfriend, who is non-religious, is perfectly fine with what I believe. I had to explain my beliefs because he didn't have the slightest clue as to what Satanism was, but once I did and we got to talking, he told me he has no problems whatsoever. I got to know him very well before I told him this tidbit of info.

This is my opinion, take it for what you will:
I really don't think that religion/philosophy should be the main deciding factor as to whether or not a person is "date-able" for you. Also, being up-front with your religion is not always necessary, because sometimes this can appear as if you are trying to shove it down their throat. I recommend getting to know the person as a whole being first, and let them do the same to you. This way, if and when your religious preferences are ever asked about, or if you decide to tell them about it, your sweetie will most likely not have as much of a problem accepting your beliefs, because they know the real YOU and have accepted that much already.
Just my $0.02

#67766 - 03/21/06 10:16 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Buffy Offline

Loc: Mackay- Australia
Well actually I am the same as you I believe when it comes to dating. Once though I did date someone who claims to be a satanist, yeah he was intelligent, but unfortunatly a very self destructive person. Even when you think sometimes there are those you can relate to they sometimes turn into a psychotic self destructive maniac. Really I think anyone can be intelligent it's whether or not they chose to be, unfortunatly the one thing with Satanism and dating is it can attract the person of your dreams or a complete and utter lunatic that like to fuck with peoples minds.

Hail Satan!

The most successful people are those who are good at plan B.

#67767 - 03/21/06 10:44 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Buffy]
Mile_Highlander Offline

Generally, it's a bad idea. Even if the other person claims to be 'ok' with it now, how do you know they won't turn into some fanatical born-again down the road. Call me cynical, but I would see it as a point of contention as long as the relationship lasts. Make you own calls though....

#67768 - 03/22/06 07:26 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Lust Offline

I have seen Cats, and Dogs get along quite well with each-other for about an hour after that time, the Dog just bit off the Cats head.
True story.

Animal Nature will win every time.
Hail Satan!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#67769 - 03/22/06 10:45 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Buffy]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>Well actually I am the same as you I believe when it
>>comes to dating.

Do you know the guy you're responding to hasn't posted here in over a year? Check out the profile.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#67770 - 03/23/06 01:04 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Titania Offline

I had a partner who considred themself to be a 'child of Gordon Gekko', wholeheartedly championing Neitzchian and Rand-ian philosophy including the rationale of 'greed is good.' Unfortunately, they were unable to remove thier 'good guy' badge, having a problem with the 'S' word. The relationship didn't last, as the person was in love with someone else, namely themselves!

#67771 - 03/24/06 09:21 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
LOTH Offline

Loc: Indiana
I in fact am married and found out I was a Satanist after we were married. But because we have more love and respect for each other than people think is possible she was fine with it in fact she has started reading The Satanic Witch. She has always been interested in witchcraft of any sort. She wants to read The Satanic Bible afterwards which of course I wanted to hear. But she already practices a lot of the philosophy already, I just don’t point it out to her. We support each other fully and if we could spend all our time together we would. She is the main love in a very short list, that includes no members of my family, that I can say I really love with a whole heart.
HS!

#67772 - 03/24/06 11:50 AM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Quote:

You know, regardless of what it is actually supposed to mean I find it weird that people often use the word 'humanist' as a substitute for 'Satanist'. Doesn't it just sound awfully touchy-feely? Like it could also be a synonym for 'humanitarian'?

In Norway, we have just the word humanism.Humanism means Wishy-washy goodguy-badge be-nice-to-everyone slave mentality, in my eyes.

I liked the term rational hedonist.
I have, at times, called myself a Social Darwinist, but in Norway that term is mentally connected with Hitler, and I really don't want to discuss Nazism at all, so I stopped using it. I think I'll start using the rational hedonist term. It was really good! Thanks Warlock!

#67773 - 03/24/06 12:03 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

I am with someone now who is not a Satanist. She was brought up a devout Jehovah's witness but no longer prescribes to that religion. She doesn't quite understand Satanism only because (as she admits) that she has been brainwashed. My beliefs are mine and I don't try to force them on her but we do discuss them. Satanists are hard to find especially in the area I am at so it would be hard for me to date someone that is. Ultimately, the female that I am with now is: easy to get along with, doesn't drink or use drugs and respects me as I do her. That is all A ok with me! The best thing is that she accepted it, if she didn't I wouldn't be with her. If you find someone that won't accept it without reservation from the time you meet, don't waste your time.

#67774 - 03/24/06 03:34 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
philosodream Offline

You should probably take it easy...pick out a girl that you think would be able to have a discussion(good luck) and then ease into it if you think she is open minded enough(even more luck). You know what is funny about being Christian, Christians dont know how to be Christ like. Christ was open minded and kind and was non judgemental...anyway. Just convince her that being a Satanist does not mean you are a rapist, murderer or your basic freak, those are the dudes that got fucked up by their mothers...not you. Really just tell her to watch the news andthe reporters and that is your basic Satanist, hee hee. No really, it will take some work but if your a nice dude she will dig you. Did this help? You know most girls just want a nice guy who will go down on them, can I say that? shit.

#67775 - 03/25/06 04:50 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
mastiva Offline
CoS Member

This is an interesting topic...I have been in relationships with Satanists, and in some that...well...

My last relationship was with someone who was in the process of becoming dissillusioned with the Christian faith. He in fact lied to me for a few months about his religion; he said he didn't really have one. It seemed strange, but hey, he had some good ideas, and was artistically talented.

Quickly though, the relationship became extremely volatile. He told me he had been a Christian, but that he had lost his faith. Recurring conversations he would start on the topic of Jesus made me want to choke him. It was not even so much any hatred I bear for Christians, or Jesus - I was just SICK of hearing about idiocy I had never believed in to begin with, so the topic was quite irritating.

Furthermore, we fought as I have never fought anyone in my life. It was god awful fighting - and much of the time it seemed to not make sense, because the reasons behind it was from the lack of understanding and ability to communicate between us. I would even become physically violent, punching walls and what not out of my frustration at some moron who can't get concepts into or out of his head.

Needless to say, that relationship ended.

NOW, I am dating a person who holds no religion, but if I have Ever met a defacto Satanist, he is definetely one of them. At it is just a great, loving, understanding relationship; he is a brilliant elite man, who naturally follows most of the Satanic rules and statements.

So! I think a Satanist can date someone (successfully) who is a Satanist, a defacto, or at least someone who is not a Christian. Now, I've had yet to have dated an official Buddhist or Hindu, but I think it would probably work out pretty alright.

Yeah, the bottom line for me is - no Christians.

#67776 - 03/27/06 06:33 PM Re: Satanists and Non-Satanists in relationships? [Re: Doorway]
Dantehnerd Offline

Loc: Nevada
In my honest opinion, Sataists can have relationships with non-satanists. As long as the person in the other religion is not extremely strict with their religion.

#67777 - 03/27/06 11:10 PM The Elephants in the Living Room [Re: Doorway]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA
There they are. They’re sitting right there. Nobody says a fucking word. Hmmm--what to do...

SUCCESS, FAILURE AND THEIR YARDSTICK
I'd say the divorce rate in general, and here in California in particular, is clear indication that humans tend to lose their perspective when they enjoy a great fuck. It’s hard to fuck with your hands full, so we put down whatever is in the way and get busy.

For those who have discovered their ego and that it is a good thing, it’s a matter of enhancement or encumbrance. The Satanist, who has not only discovered his/her ego, but is incredibly familiar with it’s compatibility, and revels in it’s development, there should be no question in this area, any more than one blanket answer. It is ridiculous to think success or failure in a relationship is a matter of one’s proclaimed alignment with Satanism. I really like the term “de facto.” It leaves plenty of room for a second person in the relationship. If I want to fuck a mirror image, I can do that in the bathroom.

As a Satanist, I am incredibly familiar with how little I have experienced of the Universe, and am driven with an insatiable curiosity. While I think Crowley was a shit-head in most respects, his 7th and 18th theorems hit the nail right on the head here (even a stopped clock is right on the money twice a day), and are principles I live by. If she is not the same, I’ll feel nothing for her and wouldn’t fuck her in the first place. If she is the same, I might take a trip through her wires, but the things that fascinate me may divide us anyway—which is fine. There’s no chance of her dividing me from my indulgences, nor would she even try—if she did, she wouldn’t be there in the first place. The one who can keep me is the one who naturally and perfectly symbolizes everything I love about the Universe, and will thereby be my natural altar.

CHILDREN

I take fatherhood very seriously, and part and parcel with relationships. For this reason, I have been very careful not to have children until I am prepared, and am now nearly finished building a near-foolproof architecture for my children’s future, for when I am. In fact, I am proud to say my children’s financial future is assured, and even their college is already taken care of. I have freed myself of the need for employment, and after this phase of my preparation is finished, will investigate legal requirements for home schooling, as well as whatever may be needed to compensate for the social development lost (if it can be considered a loss) from not interacting with the human-waste clusterfuck of the public schools.

TRANSFORMATION

I am putting this last because I think it the most important factor. My experience has been that there are always 4 people in every failed relationship. The ones we were, and the ones we became because of the other. I know exactly how I want and how I do not want to live as a person in every important respect (this is identity—and not to be confused with experience). I won’t make or respect any commitment to change. I have never been afraid to compromise certain experiences for the greater indulgences, but identity stays the same—absolutely satisfying and unyielding. This is my litmus test for consideration of any permanent relationship, as it is essential to fatherhood—which naturally follows.

Hail Satan!

#417741 - 04/04/10 07:46 AM Attention user Bobbi [Re: Mason_Rust]
Bobbi Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Mason_Rust
True Satanists tend to be very unique people in the first place. Without even looking at religion, I know that it would take a very open minded person to accept who I am and date me beyond just a sexual relationship. If they are open minded enough to continue a relationship, they are likely to be able to handle knowing about my religion once we have taken the time to get to know and care about each other.

If you reach a point where the person truly cares about you, then your chosen religion shouldn't matter much.

I've only had one serious relationship in the time that I've identified myself as a Satanist. When I first revealed to her what my religion was, she had a bit of a problem with it, mostly due to misconceptions about Satanism. She is fine with the idea now, and a lot of that has to do with her properly understanding what the religion is about. However, something that I think really helped her along the way was pointing out to her that the only person she knew who was a Satanist also happened to be the person she loved most in the world, and that there is little room for coincidence there.

At any rate, it would be important to develop the relationship first, in my opinion. The person is dating you, not your religion. If you get close and care about each other, once again, your religion shouldn't matter. And if it does turn out to be a deal breaker, that person wasn't right for you in the first place (obviously), and you're now free to find one who is.

Love the quote about strawberries...I love them. lol

Edited by Daark (04/04/10 08:59 AM)

#417748 - 04/04/10 08:58 AM Re: She's dating you, not your religion. [Re: Bobbi]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Moderator notice.

You have posted a reply to a thread.

The post you replied to has been dormant for SIX YEARS.

Look and see how old the post is before you reply - the dates are right there.

Resurrecting threads this old is a violation of board etiquette.

As this is your first offense of this kind I will give you a pass.

Now that you know better, please do not do this again.

And finally, your reply had no meaningful content at all. You simply agreed and ended your post with "lol".

That is technically two violations of board etiquette in one.

1. Resurrecting a dead thread
2. With a content-free non-post.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12216 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406127 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements