Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#69008 - 12/16/04 11:19 PM Your subconscious Guardian Devil...
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I guess it happens to everyone. You have a sudden intuition about doing something that seems pointless at the moment. You follow your instinct and do it… just to find, if you haven’t done it, the consequences would have been painful, or worse.

Some times, this sudden moment of inspiration saves your life. My grandma would have said that my “guardian angel” had whispered in my ear. Personally, I think it’s my survival instinct, always working even when my conscious mind is not aware of it. I’m into a dangerous situation but I don’t know… but deep inside my brain some little red light turns on and makes me react.

A real life example:

I’m driving in the expressway behind a big truck full of junk. Suddenly I get this urge to change lines. The same second I move out of the way, a big piece of metal flies from the truck and crashes on the road behind it. Considering the speed and angle of the fall, it would have crash on my windshield and probably cut my head off if I had remained on the spot.

Is this life-saving reflex sharper in Satanists? I’d like to hear other’s personal experiences.

#69009 - 12/16/04 11:36 PM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
PanzerWolf Offline

Loc: South, AL
Quote:

Is this life-saving reflex sharper in Satanists?

Nah, we just have common sense.
Christ Chex, start your day off the holy way. My accomplishments: ROTC, Cadet of the month (November), Author of "A Final Plea" (Soon to be published), 04 class LET II advancement, South, Alabama battle of the bands 3rd place.

#69010 - 12/16/04 11:45 PM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: PanzerWolf]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Quote:

Quote:

Is this life-saving reflex sharper in Satanists?

Nah, we just have common sense.

Yes, of course. But some times the danger is not obvious and you still do the right thing in a split second.

#69011 - 12/17/04 08:15 AM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

Sounds like an excellent subject for discussion downstairs.

Are we ever going to have Pig A L'Orange?

#69012 - 12/17/04 08:27 AM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
SubOptimo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Sure, lots of experiences.

For example:
One day I was on the way from the hotel to the inner City of Amsterdam, per pedes. The walk was about half an hour. During the walk I stopped by in some shops, bought some goddies. After I left the first shop I recognized 2 male and 1 female junkies. On the following way I got the impression that they follow me. Maybe they spotted me out because of my laptop case. But I wasn't sure. I tested it by pretending to walk in a Supermarket, in fact I circled around the marked. And voilá: 10 minutes later dick trick and track walked out of the main entrance, I stood at the side and said something like 'howdy' to them, keeping distance and proceeding my walk. They were some kind of baffeled. A girfriend was with me, she noticed nothing. I said her that we are followed, but she first realized it at the super market entrance.

I think it is instinct that You are talking of.

#69013 - 12/17/04 08:43 AM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
Esther Offline

Loc: Norfolk, UK
In 1999 I was living in Kennington, London (it's half way between the Oval and Brixton). Anyway, our nearest supermarket was in Brixton. My flatmates and I had planned to go shopping on April 17th but 5 mins before we were due to leave I decided I wasn't going (I can't remember why now). As I wasn't going, they didn't go. If we had left we would have been walking past Brixton Tube when the nail bomb went off and may well have been killed.

That one scared me!

#69014 - 12/17/04 09:31 AM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
Quija Offline

Loc: Germany
I don't believe it's a live-saving reflex or instinct, since it happens all the time without us noticing.

One day, I came home and decided to take a stroll downtown which is uncommon for me. Some days earlier I had seen an old photo of something that is nowadays hard to get. No special direction set I felt drawn to a little antiquity store I had been to only once before, it must have been a year. I found exactly what I was looking for at a reasonable price.

I believe, that every human can have absolut knowledge of all things past, present and future since each of us is containing the infinity of things. If that's too tall an order, I'm at least definite, that we do not possess individual minds.

Edited by Quija (12/17/04 09:34 AM)

#69015 - 12/17/04 11:01 AM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
Euphoria Offline

Loc: 1/4 mile and 9 seconds away!
I drive a lot for my job, about 200 to 300 miles a day, and have had many similar experiences! I think, as you hinted, your subconscious sees the danger signs before you've even noticed and you find yourself taking avoiding action!
It's all part of being aware of your surroundings. You can 'sense' danger, 'feel' when something is wrong! It's one of the advantages of having a sharp mind, which is one of the attributes of a Satanist! You are your own Guardian Devil!

#69016 - 12/17/04 11:53 AM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
Cheezdragon Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Nothing like that has happened to me but I heard the creator of Family guy was supposed to be on one of the 9/11 planes but forgot something and missed his plane
Stupidity is a disease and my knife is the cure. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, So the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing, For the rowers keep on rowing, And they're certainly not showing, Any signs that they are slowing!

#69017 - 12/17/04 12:20 PM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
PanzerWolf Offline

Loc: South, AL
When we are in situations were the danger or chance of an accident is evident, our senses do more than we know. Wiether it is driving, riding a bike, playing basketball, boxing etc, a kind of sixth sense comes into play.

This sense never can tell you what is wrong only that SOMETHING is not right. The danger may not be evident. However it is your conscious self that decides weither to act or not. Choosing to, or not to take action correctly IS common sense.
Christ Chex, start your day off the holy way. My accomplishments: ROTC, Cadet of the month (November), Author of "A Final Plea" (Soon to be published), 04 class LET II advancement, South, Alabama battle of the bands 3rd place.

#69018 - 12/17/04 05:24 PM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
Leo_V Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Is this life-saving reflex sharper in Satanists? I’d like to hear other’s personal experiences.

I would say that intelligence is higher in Satanists more than any intuition, or reflex. Changing lanes from behind a truck full of junk is just a smart thing to do. It is just like moving to the left lane when traffic is merging from the right, which lessens your chances of a collision.

I did something similar to the story you related, and a few seconds later another driver made a turn directly in my path and we collided. I was driving my wife's brand new car, bought three weeks earlier, too. Bonus!

#69019 - 12/18/04 12:12 PM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
DeVico Offline

Loc: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, U...
I believe that this subconscious value surfacing to the conscious may be a more aware situation for a satanist since most do not have any outside "moral" influence.

#69020 - 12/18/04 01:01 PM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
Wendy Offline

Loc: Geelong, Australia
I totally agree with you that it is the survival instinct and not some so called "guardian Angel" as your grandma would put it. I think that it is ludicrous when people have these experiences then put it down to some protective being they cant see guiding them. I have had people tell me that it is their "guardian Angel" looking after them because "God" made them more important over all other animals and wants to protect them.
These same people failed to realise that animals that their so called "God" created beneath them seem to have more of these type experiences than do humans. They seem to have a more active and protective guardian Devil.
The reason being because it is nothing more than the survival instinct kicking in. Females have greater guardian Devil occurrences, and this is further emphasised if they are mothers. Satanists too have greater degree of experiences simply because we apply the 'Law of the Jungle' to our everyday living, and dont rely on some outside being to be our guiding force in life that we know doesnt exist. I, myself have had numerous exeriences.
If people can have their 'whole life' flash before them in situations whereby they are facing death, then surely it stands to reason that the human brain can analyse information in a split second without the conscious mind being aware of it. It is the minds ability to determine what factors would interfere with the process of passing our genes on to the next generation.
A perfect example and explanation of this is the human nervous system in regards to pain. When someone injures themselves, the process of the action of the injury to that of reaction takes less than one second, despite all the information that the brain is processing. Without this ability for the mind to do this humans would have very little in the way of protecting them from danger.
Some time back I watched a documentary about a young boy six years old, who was born without the ability to feel pain as his brain could not process the information needed to analyse it. This child was oblivious to the dangers of things such as the hotplate of a barbeque. As I watched and viewed other older people with this extremely rare syndrome, I realised that not one of them had ever had a 'guardian Devil' experience. This was actually brought up in the documentary as it was assumed that these people must have something watching over them for them to survive.

Hail Satan

#69021 - 12/18/04 06:31 PM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
Wolf Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Netherlands
Though I do follow my instinct, and count on it when reason seems to have no input in a given situation, I couldn't tell when it actually saved me from serious damage, as the possibility was turned by my moving out. I do know, however, about incidents when I _neglected_ the warning and did get caught in hazardous situations. That's why I haven't neglected such warnings for years.

My most sure example of avoiding hazard has been in the middle of the woods, some years ago. I was walking with my German Shepherd and we saw this man standing there on the middle of the path, facing us. I seldom encounter people in the middle of the woods and I don't expect to encounter idiots there at all, since the chance of meeting one woman alone there is way less than finding one at the corner of some city street at an odd time of the night [I did encounter ill-willing idiots in the latter situation, but when it happens, they seem relieved to get away _from me_ every single time] - so, why would one lurk behind a tree anyways. This man was just standing there, but from a fair distance my neckhair rose, he didn't _feel_ good, he didn't _feel_ like just-a-dude to pass by. My dog was hesistating as well. Though it was a 45-minutes turn back, I turned back instead of passing by.

So - maybe the feeling was wrong and I could have saved myself the trouble. But my 40-years experience tells me I did the wise thing.

#69022 - 12/20/04 12:22 AM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
I think near misses and coincidences are just inevitable parts of life. But it's also natural that people attach certain amounts of significance to rare events. The mind abhors meaninglessness, and humans are hopeless pattern-seekers. For example, there's a scene in About Schmidt, where Schmidt is mourning the loss of his recently departed wife, and looks up into the night sky asking for "a sign". He briefly sees a shooting star. Some people would say "Oh, that's a sign from God" or that it was "proof of life beyond the grave", but we'd laugh at that and see it as a mere coincidence happening to somebody desperately looking for anything.

As a Satanist, I suppose I take a "Satanic Third Side" to this issue. I acknowledge the fact that spirituality is essentially the act of attaching significance to otherwise meaningless situations. But at the same time, I don't make some point in refuting all symbolism or poetic expression I see as I experience life. It keeps things fun.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12155 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405735 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements