Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#69023 - 12/20/04 02:34 AM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
Mjollnir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Gone
Yes, I think Satanists are much more attuned to what is going on around them and are more open to their psychic abilities. I've found that my sense of premonition to danger has been greatly enhanced by practicing Anton LaVey's teachings. I can also physically feel it when someone is cursing me or directing negative energies toward me. This gives me an edge to both protect myself, and counter-attack. When in the presence of danger, I feel a definite change in thought patterns and body chemistry. I've had many close calls, but I'm still in one piece, thanks to my instinctual actions.

Mjollnir

#69024 - 12/20/04 03:28 AM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
Paingod Offline

Loc: Finland
Quote:

Is this life-saving reflex sharper in Satanists? I’d like to hear other’s personal experiences.

I don´t think it´s any better with satanists. All it requires is a certain memory of similar happenings. Even from a movie. Mind (subconciousness) is capable in remembering things that we would not otherwise remember and noticing lackings and other "oddness". Like a firechief, who doenst know what it is, but something tells him to pull his men out of the building and seconds later the building explodes. Now, his subconciousness remembers and notices things, that he doesnt. Like, missing of smoke or that the smoke goes into wrong direction. The fire is not pushing the air, but sucking it inside and such. His mind knows what is happening and combines memories of other fires and studies. Deep in his mind there is a part, that then knows, that the building will go boom boom.

Maybe you remembered the highway accident from Final Destination 2 and changed the lane, or there was some straps loose, that you didn´t pay attention, but your subconsiousness did.

#69025 - 12/20/04 09:51 PM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Paingod]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Quote:

Maybe you remembered the highway accident from Final Destination 2 and changed the lane, or there was some straps loose, that you didn´t pay attention, but your subconsiousness did.

Actually, that happened before that movie was out. But maybe I remebered the scene from "The Omen" with the pane of glass....

#69026 - 12/21/04 01:28 AM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>>Some times, this sudden moment of inspiration saves your life. My grandma would have said that my “guardian angel” had whispered in my ear. Personally, I think it’s my survival instinct, always working even when my conscious mind is not aware of it. I’m into a dangerous situation but I don’t know… but deep inside my brain some little red light turns on and makes me react.<<

Indeed, Mr. Pig.

You might be interested in an essay of mine which will be in the upcoming issue of The Church of Satan's Black Flame magazine regarding this very subject.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#69027 - 12/21/04 01:33 AM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Quote:

You might be interested in an essay of mine which will be in the upcoming issue of The Church of Satan's Black Flame magazine regarding this very subject.

I'm looking forward to read it!

#69028 - 12/21/04 12:04 PM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
It's pure instinct, something people have forget over time because they were taught that man is better then the animals and is above something as 'primal' as instinct.
Animals can feel earthquakes before they happen and are known for 'foretelling' other things as well.
It's nothing mystic it's just pure instinct really.

#69029 - 12/21/04 02:04 PM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Grima]
Quija Offline

Loc: Germany
I'm glad you brought this up. A well respected german parapsychologist devoted a whole chapter of a book to psi with animals. In his hometown, Freiburg, there is a monument for a duck, that warned inhabitants of a bombing, thus saving many humans. Unfortunately the duck was killed.

#69030 - 12/21/04 02:54 PM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
Wiley Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Augusta, GA
As has been mentioned and seconded many a time, I agree that it's a strong case of intuition. I don't know definitively that it's stronger in Satanists, but it seems like it should be. We leave the door open for those kinds of things. I've learned, through various experiences, that I'm not completely in tune with my intuition. I get the bad feeling but fail to interpret it correctly.

At any rate, reading this post reminded me of a study I once read and once I find the source I'll ammend this entry. A study was done on plane crashes. It was found that the number of no-shows and cancellations for planes that crashed was double the number on flights which ended routinely.

So why did these people cancel? The hypothesis was that many people will cancel a flight at the last minute, or just not show up, due to illness (either of themselves or a loved one). They may also cancel at the last minute due to the pleading of somebody who is more in tune with their intuition.

Anyway, going back to the first reason: illness. Think about it, the intuition of the person is screaming for them to not get on the plane. The person is completely out of tune, but considering the levity of the situation the sixth sense or intuition or whatever you want to call it literally makes the person sick trying to get his or her attention. So he gets sick and cancels or doesn't show for the flight. The other guy, sitting on the plane as it crashes, took an aspirin.

Anyway, just a thought. However, ever since I read this study I've not taken any medication unless I could specifically identify the cause for the pain and I just needed relief. It's the pain without cause that alerts my senses. I can't say that it's saved me, but I'm still here

~Anybody can die, why be a follower? The trick is learning how to truly live.

My space on Myspace[/color]

#69031 - 12/21/04 03:06 PM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Quija]
SubOptimo Offline
CoS Member

Let me guess the parapsychologist:
Hans Bender (February, 5'th 1907 - May, 7'th 1991) born in Freiburg (Breisgau). Professor at the University of Freiburg. One of germany's leading Parapsychologists. Chairman of the Institute for border areas of psychology and psychohygenics till 1975, now Prof.Dr. Johannes Mischo. The institute is financed by a private fund, and is still alive an kickin!

#69032 - 12/21/04 03:13 PM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: SubOptimo]
Quija Offline

We have a winner!

Edited by Quija (12/21/04 04:04 PM)

#69033 - 12/21/04 05:57 PM To the few interested.... [Re: Quija]
SubOptimo Offline
CoS Member

The Hans Bender Institute in Freiburg (Germany) is hosting an interesting eZine for paranormal issues:

http://www.mindmatter.de

Hail Satan!

#69034 - 12/21/04 11:59 PM Re: http://www.mindmatter.de [Re: SubOptimo]
Mjollnir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Gone
Thank you.

Mjollnir

#69035 - 12/22/04 08:34 PM Re: Your subconscious Guardian Devil... [Re: Old_Pig]
ShadowWalker Offline
CoS Member

I agree with Bill M that, "near misses and coincidences are just inevitable parts of life", and "humans are hopeless pattern-seekers" and therefore I try not to read more into my two experiences than there may actually be.
I was first in line waiting to board a bus and as the door opened and I started to step up, I felt a strong negative feeling. Instinctively, I backed out and stood aside, my action not even making sense to me. I am a logical person, but against all logical reason I watched the doors close and the bus pull out. As I settled down to wait for the next one, there was a violent explosion. A terrorist on the bus I hadn't boarded had blown himself up, killing and injuring several people. If the murderer had been in the crowd amongst us, I could agree that maybe I was picking up subconscious signals, but he had already been on the bus.
The second time a friend and I were shopping and decided to go to a coffee-shop. Most public places where I live have security guards screening the people and their bags before they're allowed to enter and most of us feel secure enough with this. After we entered and sat down, I felt extremely uncomforable and convinced my friend to go elsewhere. I was fine at the next place and we ate and resumed shopping. It was at the mall we discovered that a terrorist had tried to enter the first coffee-shop we'd been at about 20-25 minutes after we'd left, panicked, and exploded himself, killing the guard and injuring several people. In this instance, the terrorist had not yet arrived when I'd felt the compulsion to leave.
Those are the facts and I try not to read too much into it. This has happened twice but I don't feel like I'm being stalked by death as in the movie, "Final Destination". If it should happen again, I will definitely trust my instincts, but in these cases there were no chances for exterior cues - in one the murderer was already inside and he probably was exuding negative energy, in the other he had not yet arrived.

#69036 - 12/22/04 10:04 PM mind your spaghetti head... [Re: Old_Pig]
Malin_Wolf Offline
CoS Member

Loc: A sleepy little hollow in Flor...
I think that everyone has the capability...even animals. I think it depends on whether the individual recognizes, accepts and trusts that gut-level instinct.

Could it be that our thoughts are transcending time and space by sending information of "future" events to our "present" mind? Are we some how connected to a vast network of knowledge that we have yet to understand, inwhich it encompasses all things? Perhaps...perhaps not. Just some weird thoughts.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12157 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405737 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements