Topic Options
#71173 - 12/31/04 03:21 AM Misc. questions/comments about Satanism and other things.
Zankplus Offline

I had been reading the "lost" first chapter of Dracula by Bram Stroker and Walpurgis Nacht was mentioned. I remember seeing this around a few other places and I looked it up on the net. I came across this site and I remembered reading about it awhile back. Enough with my intro and onto the questions and comments.

1.) I understand the concept of Satanism and how the basis of it is that you are your own god, but I don't understand how it relates to Satan. I know that Satan is somewhat of the main desire/tempation type deity so I'm guessing that's it. More of a comment than a question and I kind of thought that over as I typed this.
2.) Any information about the Zankplus would be helpful. (not Satanistic to my knowledge but just asking)
3.) Do Satanists believe in things such as vampires, werewolves, and other "mythical" entities?
4.) I believe in most of the things that Satanism is about but I have my own views. My made up theory on life is that only 3 things are important to a person and they all begin with the letter L. Love, Life, Luck. Without a life (physical not social and whatnot) you are nothing so that is very important. Without Love (not sexual but actual love) life would be very pointless and boring (in my opinion). And last but not least Luck makes everything possible. It is by chance that a person is born or that major events happen so without luck things would be crazy.
5.) A lot of people here probably disagree with my ideas but that's ok because I want to know what you guys think.
6.) Last but not least please tell me what you think of my ideas and my questions and whatnot. Thanks for your time and enlightenment.

#71174 - 12/31/04 03:35 AM Re: Misc. questions/comments about Satanism and other things. [Re: Zankplus]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

I had been reading the "lost" first chapter of Dracula by Bram Stroker and Walpurgis Nacht was mentioned. I remember seeing this around a few other places and I looked it up on the net. I came across this site and I remembered reading about it awhile back. Enough with my intro and onto the questions and comments.

1.) I understand the concept of Satanism and how the basis of it is that you are your own god, but I don't understand how it relates to Satan. I know that Satan is somewhat of the main desire/tempation type deity so I'm guessing that's it. More of a comment than a question and I kind of thought that over as I typed this.
2.) Any information about the Zankplus would be helpful. (not Satanistic to my knowledge but just asking)
3.) Do Satanists believe in things such as vampires, werewolves, and other "mythical" entities?
4.) I believe in most of the things that Satanism is about but I have my own views. My made up theory on life is that only 3 things are important to a person and they all begin with the letter L. Love, Life, Luck. Without a life (physical not social and whatnot) you are nothing so that is very important. Without Love (not sexual but actual love) life would be very pointless and boring (in my opinion). And last but not least Luck makes everything possible. It is by chance that a person is born or that major events happen so without luck things would be crazy.
5.) A lot of people here probably disagree with my ideas but that's ok because I want to know what you guys think.
6.) Last but not least please tell me what you think of my ideas and my questions and whatnot. Thanks for your time and enlightenment.

Most general questions about Satanism and the Church of Satan are answered here: http://www.churchofsatan.com/

Otherwise take the time to read Dr. LaVey's books.

1. From Dr. LaVey: "I have termed my thought 'Satanism' because it is most stimulating under that name. Self-discipline and motivation are effected more easily under stimulating conditions. Satanism means 'the opposition' and epitomizes all symbols of nonconformity. Satanism calls forth the strong ability to turn a liability into an advantage, to turn alienation into exclusivity. In other words, the reason it's called Satanism is because it's fun, it's accurate, and it's productive."

2. That has nothing to do with this forum. Google search on the word pulled up a bunch of fantasy role-playing garbage. Bad sign.

3. Not categorically. There is some truth to some elements of vampirism and lycanthropy behind folklore, but this would have to be carefully qualified.

4. This kind of stuff is for the general forum.

5. Thats swell.

6. See above.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#71175 - 12/31/04 03:42 AM Re: Misc. questions/comments about Satanism and other things. [Re: Svengali]
Zankplus Offline

Sorry if my post was considered stupid or something.

#71176 - 12/31/04 03:46 AM Re: Misc. questions/comments about Satanism and other things. [Re: Zankplus]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

...just a little scattered.

This particular sub-forum is for specific questions about the Church of Satan.

Some of your numbered points are more suited for the general discussion forum.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini

#71177 - 12/31/04 03:47 AM Re: Misc. questions/comments about Satanism and other things. [Re: Svengali]
Zankplus Offline

Ok sorry for the umm..."intrusion" maybe is a good word.

#71178 - 12/31/04 03:51 AM Re: Misc. questions/comments about Satanism and other things. [Re: Zankplus]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

Ok sorry for the umm..."intrusion" maybe is a good word.

I just noticed from your introduction post that you are only 16 years old.

Please read this: http://www.satannet.com/lttd/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=238375&an=0&page=0#238375

This Site is offered and made available only to users 18 years of age or older. If you are not yet 18 years old, please discontinue using the Site immediately, or if, for any reason, you do not agree with all of the terms and conditions contained in this agreement, please discontinue using the Site immediately, because by using or attempting to use the Site, you are agreeing to be legally bound by this agreement.

#71179 - 12/31/04 03:57 AM Re: Misc. questions/comments about Satanism and other things. [Re: Svengali]
Zankplus Offline

Guess I crossed another line. Sorry about that. I'll confine myself to the Video Games section here if that's ok with you because I like the way its layed out. If that's not ok with you then tell me and I'll leave here alltogether.

Forum Stats
12163 Members
73 Forums
43922 Topics
405747 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements