Topic Options
#73109 - 01/14/05 06:44 PM Meritocracy
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
From the CoS website:
Quote:

This is meritocracy at work. So, if you are so inclined, keep us updated on your accomplishments so that your progress may be noted.

* What is the appropriate method/medium to keep the church updated on one's progress?

* Is there a recommended schedule in which to do this?
(ie - Once a year, once per major accomplishment)

* What kinds of things are considered to be "accomplishments"?

I ask these questions for a few reasons. Firstly, what is considered to be an achievement or accomplishment varies depending on the person who experiences it. I, for example, am a musician, and consider myself to be a good judge of musical quality. When I write a bad song, it gets tossed and forgotten. When I write a song that I know sounds great, I consider it to be an accomplishment, and one that I take much pride in. This, however, might mean nothing to the CoS (regardless of whether it has Satanic qualities, lyrics, etc. or not). In addition, I doubt -- although this is purely my assumption, and correct me if I'm wrong -- that the CoS would appreciate me updating them every time I write a song that I consider to be an achievement.

Obviously, it wouldn't be wise to harass the Church with weekly "FYI"'s of personal achievement, and that would only serve to diminish the value of said achievements anyways -- yet -- I would still like to know if there are some guidelines/standards for this kind of thing. Any information is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

AZRL

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#73110 - 01/14/05 07:01 PM Re: Meritocracy [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

You should have read the sentences leading up to the one you quoted.

Quote:

The administration watches the progress of qualified members, and may choose to grant recognition to outstanding individuals based on demonstrated excellence in the understanding and communication of Satanic Theory, coupled with significant potent practices in the arena of the real world which have produced superior achievements. People naturally and quite organically rise to particular levels, and we may take note at our discretion. This is meritocracy at work. So, if you are so inclined, keep us updated on your accomplishments so that your progress may be noted.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#73111 - 01/14/05 07:49 PM Re: Meritocracy [Re: MagisterRose]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

You should have read the sentences leading up to the one you quoted.

I did, thank you.
Those sentences, however, fail to answer my questions. For instance...
Quote:

[...] significant potent practices in the arena of the real world which have produced superior achievements

What exactly is meant by "significant potent practices"?
Could this be interpreted as "practical compelling application"? And what, specifically, does the CoS consider to be "superior"? What areas of "the Arena of real life" are up to scrutiny?

Perhaps these questions give you a clearer idea of what I'm asking, in contrast to the previous post.
I'm not asking for "rank ascension criteria"; just trying to get a better idea of what the CoS considers worthwhile achievement, since the concept seems loose to me.

Other than your efforts on these boards, what achievements have you contributed, Magister Rose? (I ask without sarcasm, but in ignorance : I really do not know. A small example might serve to answer my questions better than any explanation would.)
Once again, Thanks.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#73112 - 01/14/05 07:54 PM Re: Meritocracy [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
When the intelligent are purposely vague there is usually a reason for it.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements