Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#7465 - 06/10/03 01:59 PM The priesthood speaks
Sparky_Eyes Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tampa Bay
Taking the idea from another message system, , perhaps a small forum could be created that featured essays on what it means to be a member of The Church of Satan. The authors would be of third degree or higher. The posts would be locked, and they could be either old posts, such as Nemo's "The Price" or Ygraine's"Dead Horses" , or they could be brand new submissions.

I understand that the other message system's entire purpose is different, but perhaps it would be a breath of fresh air to read the thoughts of the heirarchy from time to time in an easy to see place. Besides churchofsatan.com of course.

#7466 - 06/11/03 01:34 AM Re: The priesthood speaks [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
Bumbly3 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Midlands UK
If the hierarcy who frequent these boards, could find the time and inclination to do this, and if Rev Ventrue was also willing to set this up. I think this would be a brilliant idea. I have enjoyed reading the featured essays on that other board you mentioned, on more than one occasion. May I suggest that this board if it comes into being it is placed in the front section along with 'questions to the COS' and 'general Satanism'.

#7467 - 06/12/03 09:09 AM Re: The priesthood speaks [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

I love the idea. It would be interesting but I doubt it will happen, good idea nonetheless.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#7468 - 06/12/03 09:55 AM Re: The priesthood speaks [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

Loc: Houston, Texas
I agree. Rev. Borg had also written an essay on the bible, and Satan vs the xian 'god'. It was truly powerful. Glory

#7469 - 06/12/03 10:03 AM Re: The priesthood speaks [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Perhaps not just the Priesthood, but all CoS member essays (selected by Reverend Ventrue or High Priestess Nadramia, of course) which are judged to be truly representative of Satanic thought and worth rereading.

There have been quite a few gems posted, by the Priesthood as well as outstanding Members who have taken the time to compose them. I think it is an excellent idea to make them readily accessible and archived, and locked from replies (this forum would best be served as a "museum" of good posts, not an active forum I think).

#7470 - 06/13/03 01:59 PM Re: The priesthood speaks [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Well, I can't think of a good reason not to do this. But since many members of the Priesthood here make many posts...that area might become rather large, rather quickly - and end up being just "one more thing" for our host/admins to keep up with.

I actually have a running collection of a certain Magister's collected wisdom saved as a Word file for my own use - simply because I got tired of "trying to find that post again". 25 pages of Bedrock, so far. They're categorized by topic for easy reference (shoot me, I'm an admin). Reading them out of their original sequence, as needed, is actually quite helpful. Similar ideas were often discussed in different threads, and I've pulled them together to get "the whole picture".

I would encourage anyone to do the same with their own favorite posts. That way, if posts are ever archived or the format of the board changes, you will always have these pearls of Satanic thought to refer to.

#7471 - 06/13/03 06:37 PM Good idea, but... [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I do like this idea. The only downside I can see would be that it would surely increase the internet's importance to Satanism. But hell, any collection of well-written, Satanic material is an attractive notion.

#7472 - 06/19/03 12:40 PM Re: The priesthood speaks [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

I am also doing this, and have been for quite some time, as I found that these posts can be very difficult to find again. I wonde rif we are both talking about the same person! Glory

#7473 - 06/19/03 09:43 PM Re: The priesthood speaks [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The City of Red Lights
I would just like to add my vote in support of this.

#7474 - 06/19/03 10:11 PM Re: The priesthood speaks [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
Blackwater_Park Offline

Loc: Leominster , Massachusetts USA
I think this is a wonderful idea as there are many things that members of this board (newbies and old hands alike) could find of great interest from the Priesthood and Higher level members of the Church of Satan.

I know I always enjoy reading posts from Magister Nemo and Rev. Borg and many others but these names stick in my mind. I would hope the forum would be on this side of the board and not just the CoS members side because I know I still have a ways to go before I am permitted to join but I still enjoy educating myself as much as possible.

#7475 - 06/21/03 03:35 AM The priesthood speaks [Re: Blackwater_Park]
TR966 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Up in the Mountains, USA
Not just to BP, but all, I myself like others have quite a collection of some of my favorite posts by some of the people listed, as well as others in files on my comp. I have been around long enough to see this board change names & locations a few times (Big pat on the back to Rev.Ven for keeping this board running in one form or another for so long, it has been along time now, and it has done nothing but improve over the years). Also I would suggest picking up any copies of the Black Flame that you can, Nemo has written articles for them for as long as I have been picking them up, and in the older issues I picked up way back. A few bucks at the time for (I still constantly go back and re-read them), the same goes for Not Like Most, and a couple of other Satanic inspired mags (S, Trident, Bloodfire) out there that are more than worth the few dollars they cost when they come out, usually in limited copies. Just a suggestion, skip that next Starbuck coffee for an issue of S, skip some small thing for something that you will get so much more from. I myself have started picking up two issues of many of the fine Satanic magazines out there, just for the pure fact of what I have paid for some of the much older issues, that are no longer available.
Zarathustra
Or, "most people are like Slinkies...
Not really much good for anything, but
they can still bring a smile to your face
when you push them down a flight of stairs.
TR966

#7476 - 06/23/03 02:51 AM Re: The priesthood speaks [Re: GloryS9]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
I wonde rif we are both talking about the same person! Glory

Likely so.

It does save time in the long run, doesn't it?

#7477 - 06/23/03 03:42 PM Re: The priesthood speaks [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Swordsman Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
In what part of the museum will the tapdancing monkeys be kept then ?
'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity' - Bullet Tooth Tony 'when I die, I will instruct the undertakers to put a bell on my tombstone, just so I can have the pleasure of not getting up when people ring' - Dr. Mossy Lawn

#7478 - 05/07/04 02:21 PM Re: The priesthood speaks [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
puppetmaster25 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Houston,Texas
i agree but what about they be new postings that could open some serious discussions and go back and forth between the higher ranking satanists versus the ones in it in a shorter time frame?

#7479 - 05/09/04 01:49 PM Re: The priesthood speaks [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
GloryS9 Offline
Banned

I tried to click on to the link for 'The Price', and got another post entirely. I just wanted to let you know!
Glory

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406363 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements