Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#74948 - 02/03/05 12:09 PM Re: Bravo! [Re: MarkArsenal]
Focalor Offline

I can't expect the entire living world to live the way I do. I'm an optimistic person because I'm a doer, I don't wait for things to happen to me. I wasn't always this way, but I have learned in my life so far that "nothing comes to those who hesitate". If I lose one job, big deal, I will get another one. Personally, I don't want to get paid to do something I love to do, I just want to do it. The minute someone pays you for something, they have authority to tell you how and when and why to do it. I would cease to enjoy it as much at that point. However, it costs money to survive in this world. I do what I have to do at work and enjoy it for whatever it's worth. If it simply isn't worth it anymore, I quit and get another job. I have more pride than to ever allow myself to collect unemployment or accept charity simply because I have chosen to neglect the task of actively seeking income. Obviously this subject is viewed by some as a matter of opinion. To me, it makes no difference what a person does for a living as long as it's legal and you don't complain to me about how boring it is. Politicians, CEO's and dog catchers eat, sleep, and shit just like I do. It's what you do with the time that you aren't getting paid to do something that makes you who you really are.

http://focalor.tastyspleen.net

#74949 - 02/07/05 02:54 PM Re: shopping [Re: Zink]
Alexey Offline

Loc: Russian Federation
It's remembered me one russian fun-story:
Once, manager of small shop saw, that customer leaving his shop with tent, boat, fishing tackles, some bottles of vodka and big bag. Manager asked the seller:"How could you sell so many stuff?", and seller answered:"So, he cames to buy something for his wife's menses, and I sold it, and then say - what are you going to do all week at home?"

#74950 - 02/08/05 07:00 AM Re: shopping [Re: Zink]
Zink Offline
CoS Member

Loc: the low countries
thank you all for your replies. It has given me some ideas on how to improve myself....

#74951 - 02/08/05 09:36 AM Re: shopping [Re: Zink]
lastlament Offline

Loc: England
Have you considered saving yourself the stress and shopping on-line?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12216 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406127 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements