Topic Options
#75926 - 01/27/05 09:36 AM question in regards to karma
Cain76 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: mississippi
Most if not all "white" light beliefs, believe in some form of "karma" My question is regards to a refrence in The Satanic Bible--" Hate your enemies with a whole heart, and if a man smite you on one cheek, SMASH him on the other!; smite him hip and thigh, for self-perservantion is the highest law! "

Now being said I agree with this statement, could it not be said this is another form of "karma". That being if I were to smack another on the cheek, I would be bashed on the other. Would this not be another form of what goes around comes around, or to put out bad you will recieve in kind? My understanding was, that the SoS did not believe in "karma".

Curious to hear thoughts on Karma form others, Thank you.

PS please be patient with me new to the group and still not used to spell check with posting, I will inprove.

Edited by Cain76 (01/27/05 09:54 AM)

#75927 - 01/27/05 10:03 AM Re: question in regards to karma [Re: Cain76]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

This has nothing to do with Karma. Trying to stretch the statement into some sort of recognition of Karma is quite a tortuous stretch indeed.

Karma implies a mechanism built into the universe to ultimately right wrongs. We do not believe in any such nonsense.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#75928 - 01/27/05 10:08 AM Re: question in regards to karma [Re: Cain76]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Quote:

Now being said I agree with this statement, could it not be said this is another form of "karma". That being if I were to smack another on the cheek, I would be bashed on the other. Would this not be another form of what goes around comes around, or to put out bad you will recieve in kind? My understanding was, that the SoS did not believe in "karma".

Curious to hear thoughts on Karma form others, Thank you.

When using terms like "karma" there is an implication of an absolute. It further implies a cosmic scorekeeper who has prescribed responses to specific acts. Bullshit.

We know that for every action there is a reaction. Actions have consequences, but those consequences vary. God/desses are not doling out measured punishments for defined ethical violations. Nature is just doing its bit---and nature is one unpredictable bitch.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#75929 - 01/27/05 10:19 AM Re: question in regards to karma [Re: MagisterRose]
Cain76 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: mississippi
I never thought of " karma" as a force righting wrongs. I always believed it to be more of a cause and effect element.

That to believe in a "white" religion it would still be a cause and effect, just not one that is clearly seen.

After reading your post I can clearly see how many belief systems do see it as a force righting wrongs. It seems foolish that I didn't see it before. I suppose it's still one of my faults that I expect more from my fellow humans.

Thank you for your reply and giving me a deeper insight.

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406071 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements