Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#76288 - 01/29/05 04:30 AM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: AnxiousBeing]
Leo_V Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cleveland
I would not have it by any other name!

Though I have been a Satanist for years without knowing it, I reckon my membership in The Church in months, not years.

In my initial exploration of Satanism, I had the same thoughts. Why "Satanism"?

It's so confontational, right? I can't readily share my religious affiliation with the world with a name like that, right?

Who cares?

There is no 'spreading the word of Satan' necessary.

We are raised in a world of worship and herd mentality which controls the thinking of many more than could admit to it. I've seen more than a few here even.

The reason the name Satanism is confrontational rests with those other religions who feel threatened by it. Again, who cares?

The individuals who are aware of my religious affiliation can be counted on one hand.

I wouldn't have it another way.

Not exile; exclusivity!

Hail Satan!

#76289 - 01/29/05 04:33 AM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Member_7244]
AnxiousBeing Offline

Quote:

Principles are all there really needs to be.

Principles are the foundation. Satanists are helping to create and not become the repetative nature of other religions. Eeverything after the foundation must be placed upon the foundation. If it's not then it crumbles and we begin to fall into self denial.

Quote:

Like I said, Science has the same defnition for me personally, but the name was already taken.

Is science works for you then great. However science is not Satanism. Scientists are too entrapped in the mind set that they must know everything where as the Satanist accepts the unsolved and uses that as a tool. To be honest, this is actually harder for me to explain than I thought. Hmm, I hope this makes some sense to you.
"The Church of Satan is not "homophobic." "The Church of Satan is not a NAZI organization." "The Church of Satan is neither racist nor sexist." "The Church of Satan has not in any way strayed from the philosophy created by Anton LaVey." Magus Gilmore. A Map for the Misdirected.

#76290 - 01/29/05 04:33 AM When do you stop? [Re: Member_7244]
Powaqqatsi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hungary
Quote:

Or for that matter, shy away from his own words? Which were, if memory serves me, “Question Everything!”

Yes, question everything. Even question this very statement of questioning everything. Then question the questioning of questioning everything, etc.

When do you stop and why?

The answer is very easy and natural for a Satanist. (I might add that it's even in The Satanic Bible. )

#76291 - 01/29/05 04:35 AM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
AnxiousBeing Offline

Quote:

I can assure you that your inquiry was commonplace and anything but a threat. Satanism, the religion defined by Anton LaVey, will outlast you, and so will the Church of Satan.

This really made me smile and laugh Agt_Malebranche. You're one of a kind .
"The Church of Satan is not "homophobic." "The Church of Satan is not a NAZI organization." "The Church of Satan is neither racist nor sexist." "The Church of Satan has not in any way strayed from the philosophy created by Anton LaVey." Magus Gilmore. A Map for the Misdirected.

#76292 - 01/29/05 04:37 AM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Member_7244]
Leo_V Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I'm getting that anxious feeling I used to get when attempting to get a RHP follower to realize something, but they just wouldn't listen.

PSST! Not only won't they listen, they won't understand.

Love the new title, by the way. Masterdebater

#76293 - 01/29/05 04:41 AM One More Quote [Re: AnxiousBeing]
AnxiousBeing Offline

Quote:

The funny thing is, you have no idea what you're missing. You're so busy philosophically jerking yourself off that you're missing the very sorts of discussions that you THINK you are after. We're just five steps ahead of you. I've already watched (with increasing disinterest) this very discussion occur 20 or 30 times.

I do apologize for posting a repetative discussion. At least this loser was exposed in the midst of it all . Not that he wouldn't have been in the long run however.

#76294 - 01/29/05 04:54 AM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Leo_V]
Leo_V Offline
CoS Member

I like the new color even better!

#76295 - 01/29/05 06:31 AM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: AnxiousBeing]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
I recommend to read this excellent posting for an answer by Magister Nemo.

#76296 - 01/29/05 06:37 AM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Jack_Bauer]
AnxiousBeing Offline

Hmm, I am going to be resting shortly after I post this but I wanted to ask you one question.

I just edited my post, did you see the additional edit? I think I was editing as you were posting.

I do thank you however for recommending that answer. It is most informative. By the way I enjoy your posts Lars .

Edited by AnxiousBeing (01/29/05 06:44 AM)

#76297 - 01/29/05 07:01 AM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: AnxiousBeing]
lastlament Offline

Loc: England
Why Satanism?

It's an acceptance of my humanity and the essence of humanity (what it is to be human), and man's place in the universe.

A bit of a "no-brainer" as far as I can tell.

#76298 - 01/29/05 07:03 AM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
lastlament Offline

Loc: England
Quote:

We're just five steps ahead of you. I've already watched (with increasing disinterest) this very discussion occur 20 or 30 times.

I'm laughing with you....not at you.

#76299 - 01/29/05 08:38 AM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Jack_Bauer]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Thank you for re-posting the link to that post of Magister Nemo's.

One of the best posts ever made here at LttD, in my opinion.

And thanks to Magister Nemo for making it in the first place.

The thermal conductivity of helium II is greater than that of any other known substance, a million times that of helium I and hundred of times that of copper. This is because heat conduction occurs via a quantum mechanism.

Second sound is a quantum mechanical phenomenon in which heat transfer occurs by wave-like motion, rather than by the usual mechanism of diffusion. Heat takes the place of pressure in normal sound waves. This leads to very high thermal conductivity. It's known as "second sound" because the wave motion of heat is similar to the propagation of sound in air.

Sound waves are fluctuations in the density of molecules in a substance; second sound waves are fluctuations in the density of phonons. Second sound can be observed in any system in which most phonon-phonon collisions conserve momentum. This occurs in superfluids and in dielectric crystals when Umklapp scattering is small.

#76300 - 01/29/05 10:48 AM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: AnxiousBeing]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Yes, I did not notice that you edited your post.

Good to see you found the link for yourself.

Thanks for your feedback.

#76301 - 01/29/05 10:52 AM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Quaark]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

One of the best posts ever made here at LttD, in my opinion.
Yes, a most excellent exposition in the tradition of "cutting through the bullshit".

Hail Magister Nemo!

#76302 - 01/29/05 01:36 PM No debates. [Re: Member_7244]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
What a lot of frustrated (and probably bored) people do not seem to understand is that like reality itself, Satanism is not an issue of debate.

It is an issue of identification.

Words have meanings.

Otherwise they are just noises.

"Satanism" is a defined word.

Anton LaVey took the trouble to define it and wrote entire books on the subject after forming it as a religion.

"Debate" is not what sane people do with reality.

This is an aspect of reality.

Those who can't cope with this required fundamental of civilized communication lose their registration.

As you have.

I am always amused by those with hidden agendas who come here and want to redefine Satanism until it matches their own agenda.

That is not "discussion", by the way.

It is usually called "psychosis".

Despite beliefs to the contrary, this is not a place for debate.

It is a place for discussion and clarification.

For those who wish to enrich their understanding of Satanism as it is these forums can be of value.

There is no debate desired nor engaged on what is already defined.

There is only the need to read, understand and apply the definitions.

Definitions, yes.

Debates, no.

It is just that simple.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43644 Topics
404178 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements