Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#76303 - 01/29/05 01:38 PM Re: "Nuff said" [Re: Adveser]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Satanism is practical.

You have cut to the heart with this direct and simple understanding.

Thank you.

#76304 - 01/29/05 02:06 PM Re: Titles less important than honesty. [Re: Member_7244]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

For the confident, titles are irrelevant for self-reference.

In this thread I would much rather have had you been simply open to discussion instead of coming here with a thinly veiled anti-Satanic agenda.

Talk about missing the forest for the trees!

Well, better luck with "science".

#76305 - 01/30/05 01:06 AM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: AnxiousBeing]
Noel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Amerika
AnxiousBeing,

Thank you for starting the thread that got one of the monkeys I don't like banned.

I tired of his rhetorical gymnastics long ago.

Again, thanks for making my day.

Sincerely,

Noel

#76306 - 01/30/05 04:42 AM Re: Titles less important than honesty. [Re: Nemo]
Dracul Offline

Loc: Romania
"For the confident, titles are irrelevant for self-reference." - So much is true. It took me some years to realize that a couple of years ago I was very interested in getting more (and sometimes useless) titles. Now I'm a member of an important political party in my counrty but years before I was in a different right-wing political movement in wich I considered titles to be very important. They were actually uselles since nowadays with less titles but with much more friends and people near me I can do a lot more.

"Titles less important than honesty." In this case, the way I see things I do not agree with you, no offence. Just consider that everybody belives what the priest says even if he's not necesarily honest - people just belive him to be so and often he considers himself to be a honest person. By the way, a good liar must be considered by the others to be a honest person or else he's a "bad" liar.
Also I wolud say that there are situation were a person just has to lie, he can't tell the truth in that particular moment - maybe he will tell the truth later or never.
An example of this is delivering bad news to your boss, bad news for wich more people are responsible. In this case it's beter to lie or to avoid the answer and let somebody else to bring the news.

As a conclusion I consider titles to be irelevant for the confident as you said but usualy to be more important than honesty. As long as crowds belive you're honest you can tell them any lie.

#76307 - 01/30/05 04:08 PM Re: Why Satanism? [Re: Noel]
AnxiousBeing Offline

Quote:

AnxiousBeing,

Thank you for starting the thread that got one of the monkeys I don't like banned.

I tired of his rhetorical gymnastics long ago.

Again, thanks for making my day.

Sincerely,

Noel

Tis was easy. This thread was started as a filter to begin with, after all the title Satan is a filter. What better name for a post? As tempting as it is to to take credit I have to admit, this jackass would have exposed his own agenda in time, I merely accelerated the proccess. You are very welcome anyhow .
"The Church of Satan is not "homophobic." "The Church of Satan is not a NAZI organization." "The Church of Satan is neither racist nor sexist." "The Church of Satan has not in any way strayed from the philosophy created by Anton LaVey." Magus Gilmore. A Map for the Misdirected.

#76308 - 01/30/05 06:30 PM Re: Titles less important than honesty. [Re: Dracul]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

The now banished writer was not being honest about why he was here.

He was attempting to be courteous about a trifle (titles) while acting like a boor.

That was what I meant by the subject line I used above.

Sorry if it was confusing.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12281 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404439 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements