Topic Options
#76663 - 02/01/05 02:16 AM "Osho"?
Confucius Offline

Loc: United States Of America
OK I've gotten junk e-mail from people before but this one takes the proverbial cake. I open my e-mail this morning and see a letter from a group centered around an old man named Osho. It asks me if I might be interested in their books. Now I knew right away that it would be a pile of sh-t. But just to be fair I followed the link to their website. Apparantly Osho claims to be an assended master. The biggest thing on his website is his "World Constitution". In this he advocates among other things the dissolvement of all nations, the formation of a One World Government, and the dissolving of all religions. Now I disagree strongly with most religions but it is in their right as it is in my right to practice it if they choose. But what really pissed me off was his sections on how the family is the most destructive force in society. Osho, advocates the destruction of the family unit. People are to live in communes of no more than 5,000. Children will be raised by the commune as a whole so that the perverted ideals of two single individuals will not cloud their mind but rather give them a more balanced view on humanity.
How dare that man accuse me and my wife of perverting the minds of our children. But Osho's lunatic ideas don't stop there. He wants to abolish money, because money makes people greedy. He wants to abolish lawyers and trials and prisons because we should feel compassion towards them not hate. He says that each person in the commune should work to enrich the commune and by doing that they will be enriched and that each commune should allow a few lazy people because often times those are the artists who will enrich us with their art.
Now let's get something straight.
I know I don't speak for everybody but I do know that a lot of people might agree with this:
I LOVE my family, the sacrifices I make add for greater pleasure.
I LOVE my money and my greed. If I want something I buy it. As long as my families finances are properly taken care of then I will spend my free money by indulging myself and sometimes my family as well in whatever I want.
I HATE criminals. If they commit a crime than let them hang.
I HATE laziness. Those are the people who feed off my hard earned tax dollars by applying for welfare and never working. I HATE having to give money that I busted my ass for to welfare programs that do nothing but allow the leaches of western society to continue.
I Hate anyone who tells me that I'm an evil person because I'm influenced by society. I think for myself, I reason for myself. I d not harm other people in any way.
So as far as Osho is concerned, I spit on him.
"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." - George Orwell, "1984" "No doubt alcohol, tobacco, and so forth, are things that a saint must avoid, but sainthood is also a thing that human beings must avoid... Many people genuinely do not wish to be saints, and it is probable that some who achieve or aspire to sainthood have never felt much temptation to be human beings." - George Orwell c. 1950

#76664 - 02/01/05 02:38 AM Re: "Osho"? [Re: Confucius]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
So, you received junk mail from some crazy guy...

Why did you post it here? Is this related to Satanism somehow?

#76665 - 02/01/05 03:52 AM Re: "Osho"? [Re: Confucius]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
I do believe you are being directed to Bagwan Rajneesh, the East Indian guru who set up a commune in Northern Oregon a few years ago and attracted a lot of attention with his "free love" tantric style cult.

I do believe that he is very dead if memory serves.

Whether or not he has "ascended" depends upon your pronounciaiton and spelling of that word I suppose.

#76666 - 02/01/05 04:12 AM Re: "Osho"? [Re: Old_Pig]
Confucius Offline

Yes actually it is related. These are the kinds of people who would be more than happy to take you in and indoctrinate you with their ideas about uniformity and a "one size fits all" mentality. These are the kinds of people that Lavey talked about. The pulpit pounders. While these people might not use actual pulpits it's their ideas about why you and your mind should be a slave to their ideas and their values that makes them nothing more than slave drivers. And in response to Nemo's post. If he is dead then that makes me happy.
"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." - George Orwell, "1984" "No doubt alcohol, tobacco, and so forth, are things that a saint must avoid, but sainthood is also a thing that human beings must avoid... Many people genuinely do not wish to be saints, and it is probable that some who achieve or aspire to sainthood have never felt much temptation to be human beings." - George Orwell c. 1950

#76667 - 02/01/05 04:25 AM Re: Assended morons [Re: Confucius]
Fifi_la_Bonne Offline

Cos Priestess

Loc: Blighty
You might enjoy The Lucifer Principle by Howard Bloom.

This book describes the pattern of these 'one world' views.

#76668 - 02/01/05 04:10 PM Nothing new but useful in a way [Re: Confucius]
Powaqqatsi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hungary
I've read some of the late Osho's books. Most of them are worthless crap (I especially hated the one about death and dying), although a few of them contains some interesting opinions and it encourages the reader to disengage from mainstream churches.

Osho especially liked to accuse priests, rabbis and yogis because according to him they're are forcing dead beliefs and dead practices upon mankind instead of letting and encourage them live and enjoy life. He said that "[the priests] preach that only dead saints are good saints because they won't change their minds anymore, so they're reliable," and this is why nowaday's Jesus is a sad, suffering man, instead of a joyful, happy man who enjoys life.

Those ideas about leaving the family, banishing money and forgiving others are nothing new, and they definitely weren't invented by Osho. Jesus preached the very same and we all know how much of it became (or was or could be) reality.

I dare to say that Osho is beneficial in a way, since some of those whom read his books are begin to think over their former beliefs and they often become more open-minded. "Divide and conquer."

#76669 - 02/09/05 12:26 AM Re: Assended morons [Re: Fifi_la_Bonne]
Confucius Offline

Yes, I found a copy at my bookstore, so far I find it fascinating. Thank you for suggesting it.

#76670 - 04/05/05 01:41 PM Re: Assended morons [Re: Confucius]
Fifi_la_Bonne Offline

Cos Priestess

Loc: Blighty
You are welcome, I am glad to have helped.

Forum Stats
12106 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405521 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements