Topic Options
#78020 - 02/08/05 01:08 PM Persecuted and put upon?
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

I have noted some simmering displeasure that some topics and discussions are reserved for the members area of the board.

That's just too bad.

These things are confined to the members area for a reason. Threads discussing these things up here will generally be locked, moved or deleted. This is the reality. If you cannot accept it, well, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Membership has its privileges.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#78021 - 02/08/05 03:30 PM Re: Persecuted and put upon? [Re: MagisterRose]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Not persecuted or put upon, just questioning, at least on my part.

Ave Satanas!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#78022 - 02/09/05 04:42 AM Re: Persecuted and put upon? [Re: MagisterRose]
lastlament Offline

Loc: England
Infernal Greetings!

..and good morning.

Presumably the moved and/or locked threads will be accessible to read and follow as they develop?

#78023 - 02/09/05 05:01 AM Re: Persecuted and put upon? [Re: lastlament]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Quote:

Infernal Greetings!

..and good morning.

Presumably the moved and/or locked threads will be accessible to read and follow as they develop?

If they are locked you can see them but they cannot develop.

If they are moved into the members area, non members will have no further access to them.

Some things are kept in the members area for a reason.

#78024 - 02/09/05 05:09 AM Re: Persecuted and put upon? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
lastlament Offline

Okey-dokey.

#78025 - 02/09/05 05:20 AM Re: Persecuted and put upon? [Re: MagisterRose]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Persecution?

You must be kidding, seems like general maintenance and refuse disposal...

Blech,

*Goes to pony up his 200$*

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#78026 - 02/09/05 10:53 AM Re: Persecuted and put upon? [Re: MagisterRose]
man_mind Offline
Banned

It isn't my board. I'm a guest here. I must follow the rules, just like in Catholic country, when attempting to discuss a taboo subject in the Vatican with ..... Bad example?

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#78027 - 02/09/05 11:03 AM Re: Persecuted and put upon? [Re: man_mind]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I must follow the rules, just like in Catholic country, when attempting to discuss a taboo subject in the Vatican with ..... Bad example?

I would say that was a bad example. The Vatican ignores such things to hide the fact it does not have the answers to them.

Here those questions which are moved to the members only forum are done so to keep people from making wide and unresearched answers in public. In the public part of this website anyone with an internet connection can rant and rave which just fouls things up. There are things that should be kept away from public view because the public is unable to understand the situation without ignorance or predisposed prejudice.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#78028 - 02/09/05 11:17 AM Re: Persecuted and put upon? [Re: man_mind]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Quote:

It isn't my board. I'm a guest here. I must follow the rules, just like in Catholic country, when attempting to discuss a taboo subject in the Vatican with ..... Bad example?

You bet your ass it's a bad example!!

There is a very good reason why certain subjects are restricted in the OPEN forums. If you are too dense to figure that out then PM a moderator so you don't make a total ass out of yourself publicly. Though this message board is not officially connected to the Church of Satan, it is a public face of Satanism, therefore we must be careful what we say lest somebody gets the wrong idea about what we (Satanists) are about. There already is enough of that going around.

There is more freedom about what can be discussed in the restricted access area. But there are still rules there, as well.

As has been said I'm sure a dozen times; this message board is PRIVATELY owned by an actual person who is accountable for what takes place here. If you want to talk about anything without restriction start your own message board.

Personally, I think that Magister Ventrue and his moderators do a GREAT job running this message board.

SETI@Home Team

#78029 - 02/09/05 01:10 PM Re:NOT Persecuted and put upon. [Re: Discipline]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

Here those questions which are moved to the members only forum are done so to keep people from making wide and unresearched answers in public. In the public part of this website anyone with an internet connection can rant and rave which just fouls things up. There are things that should be kept away from public view because the public is unable to understand the situation without ignorance or predisposed prejudice.

Ok. That makes sense to me. That was really all I was asking in my post earlier about the Satanic parenting thread. Thanks for posting that.

Ave Satanas!

Edited by dragondancer (02/09/05 01:11 PM)
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#78030 - 02/09/05 07:00 PM Re:NOT Persecuted and put upon. [Re: dragondancer]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
No problem

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#78031 - 02/13/05 11:42 PM Re: Persecuted and put upon? [Re: False_Messiah78]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
I agree, and believe this message board to be run in a very fair way! I'm new here, so I believe that I have to prove that my beliefs are sound.
With these posts being about censorship, my post was recently locked (for getting a little too much off topic).
I realize that part of this was my error, in posting a reply/comment openly, after I had found out the meaning of a certain word - which I believe, with the continued attention it got, got the whole thing locked. I've learned from this, and hopefully others will too, upon reading this.
Undercroft Sign Up

#78032 - 02/15/05 05:06 AM Re: Persecuted and put upon? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
darkangel1210 Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Infernal Greetings!

..and good morning.

Some things are kept in the members area for a reason.

I can't wait to find out what's in there!

Edited by darkangel1210 (02/15/05 05:07 AM)
What does not kill me, makes me stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche Man is the cruelest animal - Friedrich Nietzsche Governments should be afraid of their people, not people of their governments - V, 'V for Vendetta'

Forum Stats
11890 Members
73 Forums
43636 Topics
404143 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements