Topic Options
#79422 - 02/14/05 04:40 PM Comic Book Area?
Mr. Saturday Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: USA
I know that some of these topics could be considered under books or movies, but how about a section just for comics?

There would be a nice place to discuss overtly Satanic characters like Batman and just have fun with other characters in general. We could also discuss things relating to comics like cartoon shows and things based on comics such as the recent "Incredibles" movie and "The Greatest American Hero" DVD sets.

I'll volunteer to moderate this section of course... since I'd probably run polls there like I do from time to time in the movie section.

Mr. Saturday
Media Contact/Warlock - Church of Satan

#79423 - 02/14/05 10:08 PM Re: Comic Book Area? [Re: Mr. Saturday]
Colonel_Akula Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: The North
I'm in!

A fan of Preacher are you?

HS!!!
"We are evolutionaries in the purest sense of the word. Spiritually and intellectually we are transcending a world grown rotten and we are transvaluing values, because for us, the highest value is irrefutable."

"Delay is like Death"
Peter the Great.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
Orwell.

#79424 - 02/14/05 10:27 PM Re: Comic Book Area? [Re: Mr. Saturday]
Mr. Fox Offline

Loc: Texas, USA
Oh yes yes yes, of course it may just be the three of us in it......at least I'm in good company, it of course remains to be seen if my company will be enjoyed.......but yes Magister Ventrue, please indulge this small minority of members.......thanks, I"m out.

#79425 - 02/14/05 11:08 PM Re: Comic Book Area? [Re: Mr. Fox]
Mr. Saturday Offline
CoS Warlock

You're not helping here...

Mr. Saturday

#79426 - 02/14/05 11:08 PM Re: Comic Book Area? [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Mr. Saturday Offline
CoS Warlock

Preacher is one of the best comics ever written...period.

Mr. Saturday

#79427 - 02/15/05 01:30 AM Re: Good Idea [Re: Mr. Saturday]
fatebender Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Sin City
Quote:

I know that some of these topics could be considered under books or movies, but how about a section just for comics?

There would be a nice place to discuss overtly Satanic characters like Batman and just have fun with other characters in general.

I think this is a good idea, even though I haven't read any recent comics. What I really like are "Graphic Novels" like Elfquest and the Elric Saga. I also read the Sandman comic series in that form. Most of the other comics I have consist of Lovecraftian type stuff, or are newspaper comic compilations.

I generally end up reading these over and over, and to my kids. Since I like the ones I've got so much, I am open to suggestions, and would probably participate fairly often if it became a "new area."

#79428 - 02/15/05 01:32 PM Re: Good Idea [Re: fatebender]
Mr. Saturday Offline
CoS Warlock

Thanks for the thumbs-up!

I have a lot of TPB (trade paperback) comics as well. I collect the ones I don't do monthly this way. I have a few Sandman books and a lot of lesser known comics. I can't say I have any real Lovecraftian stuff though, other than Hellboy and a few old issues of DC's horror comics from the late '70s/early '80s.

Tell me your favorites and maybe I can suggest a few.

(But let's move that conversation to the book section since that's where it belongs.)

Mr. Saturday

#79429 - 02/15/05 06:33 PM Re: Comic Book Area? [Re: Mr. Saturday]
Colonel_Akula Offline

CoS Reverend

The film has been in production for a few years but I highly doubt it could ever be made. Jesus De Sade's party....just imagine THAT on screen.

The last time I checked James Marsden and Matt McConnaghey were being considered for the role of Jessie. I could see Michael Ironside as the Saint of Killers. Here is an early test for the areseface makeup.

HS!!!

Attachments
258119-arseface.jpg (74 downloads)

"We are evolutionaries in the purest sense of the word. Spiritually and intellectually we are transcending a world grown rotten and we are transvaluing values, because for us, the highest value is irrefutable."

"Delay is like Death"
Peter the Great.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
Orwell.

#79430 - 02/15/05 08:09 PM Re: Comic Book Area? [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Mr. Saturday Offline
CoS Warlock

Wizard noted it as late as the end of last year as "in production". They stated that Marsden was the official Jesse Custer and that filming was to start sometime in 2005. Of course, Wizard has been known to report rumors from the net as well, so take it with a grain of salt.

I think Eastwood would be perfect for the role of the Saint.

As for some of the more questionable scenes, I've always figured they'd tone the flat out blasphemous bits down if they include them at all. It's a long sprawling story, so it'll have to be shortened for film anyway.

Mr. Saturday

#79431 - 02/16/05 10:49 PM Re: Comic Book Area? [Re: Mr. Saturday]
Colonel_Akula Offline

CoS Reverend

Yeah so why bother? Better not to do it than to do somethign half-assed.. Use your whole ass. But it would still be nice ot see Jesus's horribly inbred great-x-100 grand-progeny portrayed by some kid with down syndrome.

Humperdeedoo

"Delay is like Death"
Peter the Great.

Orwell.

#79432 - 03/16/05 04:19 PM Re: Comic Book Area? [Re: Mr. Saturday]
Mr. Saturday Offline
CoS Warlock

Alright! It looks like the Comic Sections arrived!

Thank you, Magister Ventrue!

Mr. Saturday

Forum Stats
12202 Members
73 Forums
43993 Topics
406093 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements