Topic Options
#80029 - 02/16/05 08:28 PM The state of things
LastPumpkin Offline

I’ve been studying Satanism for a long time now. I’ve read all of Dr. LaVey’s books and many on the CoS non-fiction reading list, plus Lucifer Rising by Gavin Baddeley. I just finished The Church of Satan, reading about the early days of the organization when the “carnival of flesh” was in full swing and how it eventually went underground, and became even more misanthropic during the 80s. I have read Peter Gilmore’s state of the church also, but I was wondering from the members what state they think the church is in. Yes, a general question with probably heavily biased answers, but I’m interested.

One day I will join the church, but only when I feel I’ve gained a proper foothold in this world, and I still have college to finish. Till then, Hail Satan!

#80030 - 02/16/05 08:47 PM Re: The state of things [Re: LastPumpkin]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

I was wondering from the members what state they think the church is in.

A state of strength.

Strong leadership with great acumen, intelligence, sound judgment, and a solid core of worthwhile, capable, and loyal members, agents, and hierarchy.

Almost 40 years and still moving intently through the waters like a nuclear submarine.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#80031 - 02/16/05 10:43 PM Re: The state of things [Re: LastPumpkin]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
I'll echo Rev. Svengali's sentiments and add that you seem to have the proper attitude. When you're ready, we will still be around--likely stronger than ever. Great things are brewing, and I only see the individual strengths of the members adding to this over time.

But, yes, concentrate on YOU first. That is, after all, what Satanism's all about.

Forum Stats
12025 Members
73 Forums
43832 Topics
405260 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements