Topic Options
#80838 - 02/21/05 01:50 PM New inquisition?
Alexey Offline

Loc: Russian Federation
This clause will be interesting to those who wants to know about Russia more, and also that happens when Christians fall upon authority.
In 1996 of the book of La Vey still were on sale in the floor-legal markets.It is a little time later, books began to vanish. Nobody could explain why - in fact they were in great demand, and there was no sense to stop the edition. In the same years some church holidays became the official days off, and on the TV continually showed transfers about maniacs - "satanists", and also their "victims" with the latent persons, whining how the "highest priests" of unknown "sects" forced them to accept drugs and to make crimes.Couple of weeks back I again have tried to find " the Satanic Bible " on sale through the Internet. But I was waited with disappointment. As it became known, in the country the private Christian censorship operates. Are forbidden (besides privately) any serious books on magic and satanism. The loop is tightened. Someone have dismissed from firm for carrying of a pentagram. The official version - reduction of the personnel. In conditions of " New inquisition " magic work becomes more serious. Are eliminated cowardly and unnecessary. Personally these oppressions have made me more strongly. Though, very much it would be desirable to esteem " the Satanic witch " and " the Satan speaks " in Russian, and to put these books on a shelf.I not hiding, but also do not shout at each corner who I. What will be farther? We'll see.

Hail Satan!

PS: This post translated by on-line programm, and mistakes are aviable. If you find some serios, please, e-mail me. Thank you.

#80839 - 02/21/05 02:39 PM Re: New inquisition? [Re: Alexey]
Gileyd Offline

Loc: Leeds, UK
As an outsider, I have often looked a Russia with a deep sense of remorse. Ever since "Emperor" Putin came to power Russia has taken a turn for the worst. It's not just religious persecution against any non-Orthodox Christians that you have addressed, but a complete disregard for the very civil rights of the people. I don't know if Russians today are better off than under the Soviet Union. At least in Soviet Russia they had running water, food and pensions.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me. - The Sith Code (George Lucas)

#80840 - 02/21/05 03:25 PM Re: New inquisition? [Re: Gileyd]
Alexey Offline

The question is not in politics, but thank you.
As I know, if someone call himself an "Satanist" in USSR, he could be placed in menthal hospital. Now... I don't feel personal opression, but - it's amazing - Rus. psychiatry have one diagnosys: "satanism, religophobia". How do you like it? Religophobia! Bullshit! I think, that guy, who wrote this "diagnosys", needs a madical care himself!

#80841 - 02/21/05 03:30 PM Re: New inquisition? [Re: Alexey]
man_mind Offline
Banned

Check your email good man. I have a few suggestions.

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#80842 - 02/23/05 02:59 PM Re: New inquisition? [Re: Alexey]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

Alexei,

Please take care. Those who are consolodating their power, or fear to lose it, are very vicious. I am sure you are quite aware of this, especially in Russia.

Yes, they are pathetic. However, they are thugs and have more physical power than any individual. Protective coloration may be in order. Appearances are easily manipulated. It is even fun, and is quite exciting when the situation becomes more dangerous.

Martyrdom is not admirable. It is very Christian; it is a hallmark of groupthink; it is stupid.

#80843 - 02/23/05 03:21 PM Re: New inquisition? [Re: Isabel23]
man_mind Offline
Banned

Well said! Most of the time this could be good practice in lesser and greater magick. Take your chances while you have them. One day, when it has been shut down or drawn out, (When things change) you will be a better manipulater than any one else. That will be beneficial!

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#80844 - 02/23/05 03:28 PM Re: New inquisition? [Re: Isabel23]
Alexey Offline

Quote:

Protective coloration may be in order

Thank you. It's exactly I do.
One my friend prefer to play another game - "silly guy", something like wearing big Baphomet, with T-short, signed "I am Satan's Fan", or "Satan rules world", you know.
And everybody think, he is just a metal-music fan. But inside, under "protective coloration" he is intelligense, serious man.

I playing another game, but secret must stay in secret

Oh, and I'd like to ask: Is it ok to be known as Satanist in US or Uk? I mean, Could it reflect on your job, or cause some problems with police?
Here, you can lose you right to keep your child with you,
if you known as Satanist (They think, that Satanist could not be good parents).

#80845 - 02/23/05 07:26 PM Re: New inquisition? [Re: Alexey]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

Alexei,

Here in the US and probably Canada the police have better things to do than worry about Satanists. They might be hostile toward an overt Satanist, but usually they leave you alone. In the workplace, generally if you do your job most employers don't care. If they do, then they will find some way to fire you, but you can make legal trouble for them. There may be low level harrassment socially in some areas of the country -- places that I would find boring anyway. Born-again bigots are often more afraid of homosexuals.

Child protective services in the US are another matter. They very often act in defiance of civil rights. This is because they are paid by how many children they remove and place in state foster care. A known Satanic parent must be very careful.

The US Army, I believe, accepts Satanism as a legitimate religion.

I would venture to guess that it is similar in the UK. Recently a member was officially recognized and approved by the Royal Navy.

Every decade or so there is a 'Satanic panic', where the religious extremists attempt to promote some sort of evil Satanic plot to harm children in some fashion. The last time through there were a lot of families broken up and destroyed, and they weren't even Satanic. However, there was a backlash through the legal system, which has had the effect of cooling the zeal of petty government bureaucrats in chasing after Satanists, imagined or not.

All in all, it is far easier in North America, Britain, and Australia to maintain protective coloration if needed.

Take care, Alexei.

#80846 - 02/23/05 09:29 PM Re: New inquisition? [Re: Alexey]
vincenzo30 Offline

Loc: Florida
[Moderator Note:The Church of Satan suggests that those interested in Satanism respect copyright laws and give the Devil his due. The Satanic Bible is available in bookstores or through online services in most parts of the world, not to mention here . Beware of pirated texts--they may be altered or inaccurate. ]

Edited by Agt_Malebranche (02/23/05 10:20 PM)

#80847 - 02/24/05 03:25 AM Re: New inquisition? [Re: Alexey]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Quote:

Oh, and I'd like to ask: Is it ok to be known as Satanist in US or Uk? I mean, Could it reflect on your job, or cause some problems with police?

(emphasis mine)

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for redress of grievances. First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America

... No State shall make or enforce any law whic shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person the equal protection of the law. Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America

Satanism has been a legally recognized religion in the United States since 1985.

You may also want to check out these sites:
American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
Americans United for Seperation of Church and State
Hope this answered your question.

#80848 - 02/24/05 06:29 AM Re: New inquisition? [Re: False_Messiah78]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for redress of grievances. First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America

... No State shall make or enforce any law whic shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person the equal protection of the law. Fourteenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America

Don't put too much faith in words on paper. They only hold any real weight if the people with the power to enforce them choose to enforce them.

Would the authorities choose to enforce them?

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#80849 - 02/24/05 11:24 AM Re: New inquisition? [Re: False_Messiah78]
Alexey Offline

[Citizens of the Russian Federation have the right to a freedom of worship. Prosecutions on religious reasons are forbidden. /color] The constitution of Russia.
But no one care.

#80850 - 02/24/05 06:41 PM Re: New inquisition? [Re: False_Messiah78]
Prometheus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Quote:

That is exactly what I admire about your country!

Unfortunately, the concept of the pursuit of happiness seems to be completely alien to some countries in Europe, especially those with a Stalinist past.

HS!

*greatguyJAN*

HAIL SATAN!

Prometheus

#80851 - 02/26/05 11:33 AM Re: New inquisition? [Re: Isabel23]
hickeyarmy Offline

Loc: US
Alexei,
I feel strongly that the world is in a generally Satanic age, and that things have developed even further since the days that Dr. LaVey wrote the Satanic Bible. However, as your experience confirms, this is not a globally even process--in some places in the world you can do what your 'broadcasting' friend does and be completely fine, and in others you face almost certain danger and penalty. So, I ask myself "How should I present myself and behave in order to gain the most for my pleasure and profit?" When I was very new, I had my little 'broadcasting fun' too, but I picked places and times where it was safe and enjoyable. Now I have come to find a more protective covering and approach to exploit situations as I wish even better. It seems you have realized this to. This isn't about right and wrong...or not 'selling out'. It is about be a master of your self and your life, and using your knowledge and talent to enjoy life liberty and the pursuit of happiness regardless of the political situation in your part of the world at the present time. The spiritual religions one day will be gone, but Satan will remain. And by living it, you will have no need to reveal what the real story is. Indulging in your own life is far more subversive than proclaimations of dedication to the Dark Force. Instaed of thinking I am helping the downfall of the white light lies by dressing up just like every other goth guy, I am bringing the day closer when churches and temples will be dust just by living Satanically and laughing the whole way through my self-made carnal experience!
Alex

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43981 Topics
406050 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements