Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#85236 - 03/15/05 09:45 AM Re: You Say Satanas, I Say Satana *DELETED* [Re: Magister Frost]
raven Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Post deleted by raven

#85237 - 03/15/05 09:54 AM Re: You Say Satanas, I Say Satana [Re: raven]
fiftythirdspirit Offline

Quote:

I ask this with all due courtesy, politeness etc. knowing I'll get banned but..WHAT is a Downstairs and is a black skirt and a .45 required? here is a chili pepper for YOU.

...and others thought me harsh in referring to you in the introductions as "another pretty, clueless, nitwit"?

I think not!

#85238 - 03/15/05 10:03 AM Re: You Say Satanas, I Say Satana *DELETED* [Re: raven]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Downstairs is what I call the CoS Members Only section of my board. There are posts that describe what is requires to enter downstairs.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
---------------------------------------
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#85239 - 03/15/05 10:32 AM Re: You Say Satanas, I Say Satana [Re: fiftythirdspirit]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Not including you in this, fiftythirdspirit, but I think it is kind of pointless to debate the correct Latin, Greek, Spanish or any other language, when there are a lot of people on this board that don't even know how to use or spell English! I am amazed at the number of posters who are supposed to be college students and they can't even use an English dictionary.

Ave Satanas!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#85240 - 03/15/05 10:36 AM Re: You Say Satanas, I Say Satana [Re: dragondancer]
Ephraim Offline

Loc: Belmont NH. USA
I think that debating the origin of many of these words, although it may proove to be enlightening in the end, does very little to help the emotions that are involked when we say them.
Do not yell Hail Satan! thinking that it is not gramaticaly correct, yell Hail Satan! will the thought that you are giving praise to yourself in a very powerful way.

Edited by Ephraim (03/15/05 10:36 AM)

#85241 - 03/15/05 10:41 AM Re: The Power of King James [Re: Magister Frost]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

Very well said, Magister. I have come to the conclusion that for most people it is natural for them to needlessly complicate what is simple.

As for a good example of evocative language, I usually show a comparison of the King James version of the christian bible and a modern translation. People are much more easily swayed and moved by a, "Thus saith the Lord", than, "The Lord says". There are some christians so adamant about the King James version that they actually consider all others "of the devil", because subconsciously they realize it loses its power when made "contemporary".

If you ever attend a Pentecostal or Charismatic church, you'll be amused when one of their "prophets", speaking for God in the first person to the congregation, uses King James version words ("My children, how I loveth thee...")

#85242 - 03/15/05 11:09 AM Re: You Say Satanas, I Say Satana [Re: dragondancer]
fiftythirdspirit Offline

I agree with you, dragondancer. --and how many of those have claimed to be English Majors! Yikes!!!

#85243 - 03/15/05 02:17 PM Re: The Power of King James [Re: Caesar]
Professor_Sinister Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Quote:

There are some christians so adamant about the King James version that they actually consider all others "of the devil", because subconsciously they realize it loses its power when made "contemporary".

Yup.

... and those same people have no clue who William Tyndale is, why he is one of the most quoted and influential men in the history of the English language, or why his version of the bible was considered "blasphemous" by the powers that were.

#85244 - 03/23/05 06:21 PM Re: You Say Satanas, I Say Satana [Re: fiftythirdspirit]
Dipso_mania_c Offline

All sounds good!
Speaking of latin...Dinzani a me non four cose createl Se non etterne, I Io etterna duro./Lasciate ogni speranza, Voi ch'entrate...

Before me nothing was created but eternal things, & I endure eternally. Abandon every hope, Ye that enter...

Entrate Entrate Entrate...Satana!

#85245 - 03/23/05 08:36 PM Re: You Say Satanas, I Say Satana [Re: fiftythirdspirit]
Liar Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, California
That's funny, Szandora informed me of this same fact when I met her. She briefly studied Latin.

Ave Satana!

HAIL SATAN

SZorilla

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12020 Members
73 Forums
43829 Topics
405228 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements