Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#85817 - 07/28/06 06:03 PM Re: Fear Of Girls [Re: LadyVera]
spyderJ Offline

Loc: Surf City USA
You must be looking at the publishing date of the DVD, is all i can imagine. I saw it as a kid. It's a very famous movie. Perhaps it is new to you?

Unless this is a remake you are speaking of.

You can find it on Wikipedia- go have a look.
‡§ףּλĐΣЯ‡ Disclaimer: The views expressed by me may not be the same views expressed by any other member of the planet Earth. Just pretend it says, 'I think' in front of everything I say, and don't try to take anything too seriously.

#85818 - 07/28/06 06:06 PM Re: My Charmed Long-staff [Re: reprobate]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Quote:

(most desirable) women don't like (stereotypical) role-playing game players

true.
Quote:

a) women like cock;

most do. true.
Quote:

b) women like guys who like cock

so true!

About the general topic: I actually do remember drawing physical pleasure out of a male role player:
I met him in some role-players-convention (I was a Rocky Horror freak) and he didn't stop telling everybody that he is "the great dragon lord, who fears nothing and feels no pain". He was about 18- and was dead serious about his powers too. He wouldn't stop rambling about it, and kept trying to come onto a friend of mine.
After a while I just got up and slapped him real hard across the face.
"Still feel no pain..?"
It was a pleasure. I will never forget the delight of making him shut up.

Frankly now, I know not all people who define themselves as "role players" are absorbed dorks. There are some extremely rare standard deviations.. that I've yet to come across…

p.s
There may indeed be a connection between role playing and sex- but no, not D&D-wise.

#85819 - 07/28/06 06:07 PM Re: WTF? "The meek shall inherit the earth" [Re: Quiddity]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
And the nerds shall inherit the earth.

Wow. Did he seriously just try to redeem himself by bastardizing a slogan from the xian bible?

Well, there is that saying that you'd better be nice to nerds, because you'll work for one someday. I think nerds will inherit many important parts of industry, and will be instrumental in helping to solve many of society's future problems.

But, like anyone, a nerd has to build useful skills, and then channel them well. Being geeky or nerdy is no guarantee you'll win the day, just like being a jock is no guarantee, either. And sometimes, you have to be willing to adopt new behaviors or patterns, in order to succeed in the larger society. I certainly had to, as someone who might be called a geek or nerd, probably both.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#85820 - 07/28/06 06:10 PM Re: My Charmed Long-staff [Re: The_Lightning]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

The phenomenon you've just described--basically, bragging obnoxiously and absurdly---is typically born out of pure insecurity, mixed with social incompetence. People like that (and not just role-players, mind you) get so isolated in their own little world, and understand in their heart of hearts that the world is passing them by, so they develop a self-protecting delusion and advertise it grandly. Eventually, they mostly come to believe it, though they still realize deep down that it's a sham.

#85821 - 07/28/06 06:10 PM Re: My Charmed Long-staff [Re: The_Lightning]
spyderJ Offline

Oh man that is so funny.

Edited by spyderJ (07/28/06 06:11 PM)
‡§ףּλĐΣЯ‡ Disclaimer: The views expressed by me may not be the same views expressed by any other member of the planet Earth. Just pretend it says, 'I think' in front of everything I say, and don't try to take anything too seriously.

#85822 - 07/28/06 06:16 PM Re: My Charmed Long-staff [Re: TrojZyr]
spyderJ Offline

Perhaps you are right.
Really wasn't bragging- I was saying proof is in the pudding. Sometimes, theere is a fine line between bragging and describing yourself.

I will think about what you said though- I find it very intersting and think about whether I am a victim of this disease. I often wonder about this ('why I feel the need')- I will consider your perspective and think on it much.

Thank you for the insight. Very intelligently spoken.

#85823 - 07/28/06 06:25 PM Re: My Charmed Long-staff [Re: TrojZyr]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
You are perfectly right, and I've known that… it's extremely, pathetically obvious..
But I also know that I can explain *any* sort of losers with a proper psychoanalysis. That will bring me to Nirvana since I'll "be at one with all" and "be full of compassion" (or something like that), but I sortta' figured Buddhism wasn't for me.. (I am here, am I not?).
I despise mercy (towards adults) and understanding losers becomes an interest of mine only as a psychological profession... I'll be merciful if you pay me enough.

I wonder when this thread is going to end..

#85824 - 07/28/06 06:26 PM Re: My Charmed Long-staff [Re: spyderJ]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

In the end, one of the central questions you gotta ask yourself if you are truly satisfied with life, and typically, that comes from meeting your goals, fulfilling your dreams, and being able to deal with challenges.

If you truly feel confident and at peace in yourself, you won't have to resort to obnoxious snobbery---"I'm the Dragon Lord, I feel no pain!" Of course, it's fine to describe yourself, and to announce your accomplishments appropriately, but obviously, there's a difference between doing that, and just being an empty can that rattles loudly.

If you enjoy roleplaying, then do some roleplaying. I dink around online, watch TV, and play video games now and again, some days more than others. Just don't let that activity, its subculture, or its people run your life or stand in the way of being successful, wise, grounded, and genuinely long-term happy. If you aren't spending your overall resources or your time well, deep down, you'll come to know it, and it'll start to hurt.

#85825 - 07/28/06 06:40 PM Re: Fear Of Girls [Re: spyderJ]
LadyVera Offline

Loc: Pacific NW
You're obviously confused.

You think the film I posted is the 1981 film "Monsters and Mazes." It is not. It is the same student-type satire/spoof film about the stereotype D&D nerd entitled "Fear of Girls" that Satori also posted (before me) in this thread.

Just a little clarification. I hope this thread dies soon.
"Those lucky enough to build a business out of a dream owe it to the world to be the caretakers of dreams. It is the duty of those who, through ingenuity, insight and hard work are able to make a dream a reality, to defend this right. To continue to build upon their ideas." -- Dr. h.c. Ferdinand Porsche

#85826 - 07/28/06 07:14 PM Re: WTF? "The meek shall inherit the earth" [Re: Soleil Noir]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>Reno 911 - Role Playing Game Nerds

Thanks for the clips. Patton Oswald is easily one of the best stand-ups of today.

>>Fear of Girls [posted again]

I always thought this title made as much sense as calling a Tupperware party "fear of boys".

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#85827 - 07/28/06 08:31 PM Re: WTF? "The meek shall inherit the earth" [Re: Soleil Noir]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Here's another one.

I love these clips.

#85828 - 07/29/06 12:13 AM Re: Fear Of Girls [Re: LadyVera]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

That movie looks familiar. It's almost as if I have seen it posted before, in a thread about D&D...

The Temple | The Elite

#85829 - 07/29/06 12:55 AM Re: Fear Of Girls [Re: Neko]
LadyVera Offline

And that's all I have to say about that.
"Those lucky enough to build a business out of a dream owe it to the world to be the caretakers of dreams. It is the duty of those who, through ingenuity, insight and hard work are able to make a dream a reality, to defend this right. To continue to build upon their ideas." -- Dr. h.c. Ferdinand Porsche

#85830 - 07/29/06 10:12 AM Re: Fear Of Girls [Re: LadyVera]
Lillith Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Umm, Just out of curiosity.. if you want this thread to die so much, then why are you on here? I would figure if you didn't like the thread, you wouldn't be reading/posting on it. Just wondering.. that's all. No disrespect meant.. thanks

Hail!

Lillith

"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell” - Oscar Wilde

“If the devil does not exist, and man has therefore created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness” - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

“The devil himself had probably redesigned Hell in the light of information he had gained from observing airport layouts” - Anthony Price

"The only difference between saints and sinners is that every saint has a past while every sinner has a future." - Oscar Wilde

"Man is certainly stark mad: He cannot make a flea, yet he makes gods by the dozens." – Montaigne

#85831 - 07/29/06 11:14 AM Re: Fear Of Girls [Re: Lillith]
LadyVera Offline

Look, for future reference, I was one: doing that to be facetious, and two: people do that on occasion in forums if they've gone weary of the posts in the thread, okay? This is a common thing on message boards. It is not anything new or unusual. And TYPICALLY it's to signal that the thread is about to die, but since you are struggling to comprehend that, I'm having to make yet another post to explain. But mostly I like that image ( ) and take any opportunity to throw it in there. I don't know why that is so difficult for you to understand.

You don't need to respond to me either. This thread has run its damn course. Hopefully.

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

Forum Stats
12202 Members
73 Forums
43993 Topics
406093 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements