Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#87902 - 03/24/05 12:51 PM Re: Easter time...yuck [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Gileyd Offline

Loc: Leeds, UK

lol, I think it's a travesty not to take advantage of this. They are buying Jesus merchandise like crazy on ebay during Easter, and you can keep phoning up The Church of Latter Day Saints for more complimentary Jesus DVD's and postcards... etc.

I made about 94 last year, which isn't that much, but bearing in mind that it was clean, expense free profit, I will always raise a glass to my dear friend Jesus for picking up the tab when I bought my ipod.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me. - The Sith Code (George Lucas)

#87903 - 03/24/05 01:03 PM Hurrah Fertility time! [Re: x9x]
Roen Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
What I enjoy most about Easter is the Christians taking part in celebrations that, at the root, are pre-Christian celebrations of spring and fertility. Blinded to their own ruse.

Watching them revering the reproductive powers of rabbits, fetching ovums into their baskets, and feasting on known aphrodisiacs... it's a beautiful time of year.

Gives a new meaning to the term "Christ is Risen!"

Too bad we'll need to wait until May to watch them dance around the giant phallus. Though, I've noted some of those "big-eared" bunny chocolates have quite large "ears" indeed! No amount of proselytizing can erase human nature!

Hail the Carnal Human!

Hail Satan!

#87904 - 03/24/05 01:10 PM Re: Easter time...yuck [Re: Ceallach]
crystalclear Offline

CoS Member

Loc: VA
Mmmmm, Cadbury eggs!! A favorite in my house. We went yesterday to the store, and here come my kids with a whole box of 48! Yep, love candy day!!

Not sure about the day after all the eggs though!

Hail Satan!

"The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them" Queen Victoria

#87905 - 03/24/05 01:12 PM Re: Hurrah Fertility time! [Re: Roen]
Ceallach Offline

Loc: Northern Virginia, USA
Quote:

Too bad we'll need to wait until May to watch them dance around the giant phallus. Hail Satan!

Hehe!
My family is Wiccan, so we do the MayPole thing
My sister wonders why I bother with it, seeing as I'm not Wiccan, to which I reply "It's a holiday about sex; duh!"

#87906 - 03/24/05 01:21 PM Re: Easter time...yuck [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

It's the day they finally got him! Hail Caesar! Hail Satan!

That is just...beautiful. You've made my day!

#87907 - 03/24/05 01:34 PM Re: Easter lillies...yuck [Re: x9x]
fatebender Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Sin City

The only thing I'm allergic to, aside from Brazil Nuts, is Easter Lillies. When I get ear them I turn red and I can't breathe.

I happen to live very closed to a city billed as "The Easter Lily Capital," where they grow millions of them. Of course, they are all blooming. I can hardly go outdoors.

I hate Easter. If "April Fools Day" wasn't already taken I'd change it's name.

#87908 - 03/24/05 05:45 PM Re: Easter time...yuck [Re: x9x]
Ortrud Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
HAVE A HAPPY ZOMBIE DAY!!!!

I totally dig Good Friday, 'cause it's like totally Goth, dude. I also like to put the sound of nails being hammered into wood on my answering machine.

When I was living with my family, every single goddamn Easter I would get a splitting headache : Church in the morning, goddamn Easter hat, fucking sunlight, pastel colors, and chocolate on an empty stomach.

Fuck Easter!

Hail Satan!
Ortrud

#87909 - 03/24/05 05:46 PM Re: Easter time...yuck [Re: x9x]
Jane Doe Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
You know what the best part of Easter is, right?

The day after...

When all of the candy is on sale and you get to bite all of the bunnies heads off!

bwahahahaha!

Easter is just ridiculous.

Hails!

Szandora

#87910 - 03/24/05 07:09 PM Re: Easter time...yuck [Re: x9x]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Tomorrow is Good Friday, the day that you "can't" eat any meat! (at least acording to Catholic tradition, because if you eat meat it's like you are eating The[ir] Lord Jesus Christ!)

So, just to be against the norm, tomorrow I will buy a nice, greasy, suculent tripple cheeseburger, for my lunch. I love the faces of horror of coworkers and people around me.

Hey, look, I'm eating your god! Mmmm and it tastes good! Yum, yum!

#87911 - 03/24/05 07:16 PM Re: Easter time...yuck [Re: fiftythirdspirit]
Hazel Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Speaking of peeps, I have a box of peeps as old as I am in the fridge. They still taste the same.

#87912 - 03/24/05 07:44 PM Re: Easter time...yuck [Re: x9x]
VKat Offline

Loc: Northern California
Its just another day for me. I get a kick out of, intoxicate your kids with sugar and teach them about god days. Here the local churches like to put on the egg hunting for the kids. I remember going to some of these egg hunts as a kid. My dad always encouraged me to nock the other kids down, for the candy. Hell if you didn't you where not getting any.

It is nice to have an excuse for your sister-in-law to bring her family to come visit the rest of the family. I don't get to see my nephews that much, so all the better.

Now the not so fun part is finding the balance of having a good time. Not really for me, but for my kids. Luckily no one in my close family preaches. I am still a little undecided about the existence of "the easter bunny" and "santa". I got away with it last year because my kids where not old enough. I'll probably just twist it into some thing else, so that they still have fun.

#87913 - 03/24/05 08:00 PM Re: Easter time...yuck [Re: VKat]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Quote:

I am still a little undecided about the existence of "the easter bunny" and "santa".

I don't know how to break this to you...but they aren't real
Yeah I know...it sucks.

I personally hate the day, but, like you said, it's get together with the in-laws time, which isn't bad. Pops-in-law likes openining up his liquor cabinet for me. I just have to knock my brother-in-law down to get the good stuff.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#87914 - 03/24/05 08:01 PM Re: Easter time...yuck [Re: Jane Doe]
Ceallach Offline

Loc: Northern Virginia, USA
Quote:

When all of the candy is on sale and you get to bite all of the bunnies heads off!

Just for you then, Madame:

#87915 - 03/24/05 08:08 PM Re: Easter time...yuck [Re: Ceallach]
crystalclear Offline

CoS Member

Loc: VA
Oh, Ceallach, that pic was classic!

Hail Satan!

"The important thing is not what they think of me, but what I think of them" Queen Victoria

#87916 - 03/24/05 08:23 PM Re: Easter time...yuck [Re: VKat]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

I am still a little undecided about the existence of "the easter bunny" and "santa". I got away with it last year because my kids where not old enough. I'll probably just twist it into some thing else, so that they still have fun.

My little girl figured out the easter bunny shit when she was 2 1/2. She has a live bunny of her own and when she heard someone say that this huge bunny brings the easter eggs, she looked at her bunny, looked at me and said, "No way." She thought it was very funny though.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43979 Topics
406036 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements