Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#89114 - 03/29/05 01:07 PM "Danger, religion" gallerey
Alexey Offline

Loc: Russian Federation
Last year in Moscow, Russia, in a Sacharoff's museum was perfomed an "Danger, religion" art gallerey. Some free artists, who call themselves an atheists, has presented their works - a parodies to christianity, caricatures and exhibits deriding christianity.
Some days later six men, armed by car-paint-sprayers and metal rods has invased to the gallerey and crushed all paints and exhibits. Police has catched that guys. They was an priests of a local church. Russian orthodox church, not catholics.
The judge has recognized that priests innocent, and above artists, who paint caricatures have begun criminal case on the fact ""Appeals to religious hatred.

Some guys just have some fun, and now they're in a prison.
Really, "Danger, religion"...

Attachments
267868-религия1.jpg (38 downloads)

Edited by Alexey (03/29/05 03:15 PM)

#89115 - 03/29/05 02:22 PM Re: "Danger, religion" gallerey [Re: Alexey]
fiftythirdspirit Offline

Let me get this straight :

Six Russian Orthodox priests destroyed an anti-religion art exhibit? The six priests went to prison?

#89116 - 03/29/05 02:27 PM Re: "Danger, religion" gallerey [Re: fiftythirdspirit]
Alexey Offline

Quote:

[/The six priests went to prison?

quote]

No-no-no, excuse me, I could make some mistakes in english, correct me, please, if I wrong somewhere. I'd want to say -
Those artist, who draw caricatures and paints go to jail, just because, as judge said, "they make a religion attack, trey hurt xtians feelings".

#89117 - 03/29/05 03:18 PM Re: "Danger, religion" gallerey [Re: Alexey]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Privyet, Alexey!

It sounds like you are saying that Artists go to prison for
creating anti-religious art? That Jesus-Coke thing is
fucking funny as hell! It is horrible that the priests
can get away with destroying art and the artists are
the ones considered criminals.

Could you include a link for the article?

Not to be the Prveyor of the Obvious, but hasn't Russia
seen this sort of thing before?

Edited by RandomStranger (03/29/05 03:44 PM)

#89118 - 03/29/05 03:31 PM The link to article [Re: RandomStranger]
Alexey Offline

Sorry, all links on russian

Danger, religion - site of artists (Scroll down, there are some pictures. Big letters on one photo "РПЦ" mean "Russian Orthodox Church")

#89119 - 03/29/05 04:06 PM Re: The link to article [Re: Alexey]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
I like the dude with the red pajamas and the feathers in his cap. Why are they pouring water on themselves in the freezing weather? Weird.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#89120 - 03/29/05 04:12 PM Re: "Danger, religion" gallerey [Re: Alexey]
fiftythirdspirit Offline

No, I know you are doing your best with the English--I just wanted to make sure I understood what you said.

So, they hurt the Christians' feelings--oh boo hoo. That's tough when one goes to prison for artisiic expression. No one is forcing them to look at the exhibit.

I think the priests should be reprimanded.

Of course, what does Russia care what I think?

#89121 - 03/29/05 04:47 PM Re: The link to article [Re: Alexey]
Roen Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Wow, I would have loved to see that! I, too, love that Coke sign...

Idiot priests. Oh wait, that's redundant.

I wasn't aware that the Orthodoxy was so politically powerful in Russia now. That's bad news. Next we'll be having Tsars and pogroms again, eh?

Time for Rasputin to make another appearance!

#89122 - 03/29/05 05:06 PM Re: "Danger, religion" gallerey [Re: RandomStranger]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
It is horrible that the priests can get away with destroying art and the artists are the ones considered criminals.

Art is dangerous to the weak and insecure, and that is why the priests were obviously effected by it. In a way, the artists won that battle.

#89123 - 03/29/05 05:42 PM Re: "Danger, religion" gallerey [Re: RandomStranger]
Prometheus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Quote:

t is horrible that the priests
can get away with destroying art and the artists are
the ones considered criminals.

Indeed!

So far on the freedom of expression, in this case the artistic freedom, in present day Russian de-mock-racy.

Though the incident & moreover the consequences can also serve as evidence for an intense fear of Christian clerics & their allies in the political sphere that their religious icons could be tarnished.
Intense fear often results from some form of weakness.

But has Russia ever been much different when it comes to reactions on criticism aiming at the forced upon value-system?

HS!

*greatguyJAN*

HAIL SATAN!

Prometheus

#89124 - 03/29/05 08:17 PM Re: "Danger, religion" gallerey [Re: Alexey]
False_Messiah78 Offline
Banned

Loc: New York State
Glad I don't live in Russia!! I'd probably be serving a life sentence in jail for offending the poor little Xtians.

SETI@Home Team

#89125 - 03/30/05 07:54 AM Re: The link to article [Re: dragondancer]
Alexey Offline

Quote:

[Why are they pouring water on themselves in the freezing weather? Weird.

It's for health. In Soviet times there was also a song, something like "make strong your body, pour yourself of cold cold water, if you want to be health e.t.c)

Ha-ha! I Soviet times, there was a "museum of atheism" in Russia, as I know, in St.Peterbourg. And there was a portrait of La Vey - signed "the man, who fight against religion in capitalistic U.S. (!)"

#89126 - 03/30/05 08:34 AM Re: "Danger, religion" gallerey [Re: Alexey]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

I truly like the publicity coca-cola with Jesus.One day the pope will for sure create the holy-drink from vatican : Vati-cola

#89127 - 03/30/05 08:37 AM Re: "Danger, religion" gallerey [Re: Prometheus]
Alexey Offline

Russia is very stange country, I think. It founds of xtianity, but, at the same time, it very... unholy? Remember, what Stalin said in times of WWII to Roosvelt? He said "I am fighting on the side of Devil, and you - on the side of god". I do not like Stalin, but his life was.. hm... his life was very unholy. He lived in pleasure and glory, when he was dictator, thousands of churches was destroyed or used as schools, industrial buildings e.t.c.
Russians believe in jesus, but, at the same time, time to time they say "Devil, help me" when they doing something important (Tchort. They call Tchort). It's very hard theme to answer, but I'll post about this later, if anyone intrest.

Hail Satan!
Alex.

#89128 - 03/30/05 09:35 AM Re: "Danger, religion" gallerey [Re: Alexey]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
That's just weird, 'religious hatred. Really I will never understand Russia, the country is full of contradictions.
Too bad they damaged the art, I hope they will be treated as the criminals they are.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406362 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements