Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#89129 - 03/30/05 11:11 AM Re: The link to article [Re: Alexey]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

Ha-ha! I Soviet times, there was a "museum of atheism" in Russia, as I know, in St.Peterbourg. And there was a portrait of La Vey - signed "the man, who fight against religion in capitalistic U.S. (!)"

Thanks for the explanation. Generally speaking, people in this country believe that if you get a chill you will get sick. Not true, but there you have it.

That is very cool about the portrait of Dr. Lavey! I like the caption of it also.

Hail Satan!
Hail the man who fought against the lies of religion in capitalistic US!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#89130 - 03/30/05 09:20 PM Re: "Danger, religion" gallerey [Re: Alexey]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
I don't know if this is even relevant to the style of the art show but the "Danger, Religion" image on the link you sent reminds me a lot of the "Danger, Radiation" signs. Was the art stylized like that on purpose-- a sort of way to identify the dangers of religion with the dangers of radiation?

#89131 - 03/30/05 11:49 PM Re: "Danger, religion" gallerey [Re: Alexey]
TAYLOR Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Wandering in Carcosa
I made a post with much more detail concerning this back in mid-December. Here's the link:
http://www.satannet.com/lttd/showthreade...true#Post246681

I paint the thrilling.
http://www.taylor9.com/
(High quality prints of my work are now available.)

#89132 - 03/31/05 01:11 AM Re: "Danger, religion" gallerey [Re: TAYLOR]
Roen Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Ah, thanks for the link -- I wasn't here back in December. I know, a noob. But this part of your post caught my eye:

Quote:

Russian Parliament voted to condemn the display and encouraged authorities to "take necessary measures." President Vladimir Putin's spiritual advisor Father Tikhon Shevkunov called the artists "disease-carrying bacteria" against whom "society is using antigens."

So this wasn't just local authorities siding with the priests... (that was my original assumption) it was the Parliament itself!

Truly crazy.

And Vladimir Putin has a "spiritual advisor"? I was joking when I mentioned Rasputin, but heh, I suppose it all fits.

Of course, "spiritual advisors" for presidents is nothing new here in the USA.

#89133 - 03/31/05 07:44 AM Re: "Danger, religion" gallerey [Re: RandomStranger]
Alexey Offline

Loc: Russian Federation
Quote:

Was the art stylized like that on purpose-- a sort of way to identify the dangers of religion with the dangers of radiation?

The "!" symbol in the red triangle is a road sign, it's mention is a "Attention: Dangerous road".

Attachments
268331-stop.jpg (10 downloads)

#89134 - 03/31/05 10:51 AM La Vey's portrait [Re: dragondancer]
Alexey Offline

Loc: Russian Federation
Ha-ha, thanks. But this is was just a beginning of story. In some 90th, when the museum was transformed to the "museum of religions", all atheistic exhibits was hidden with shame. But not La Vey's portrait. It was kept by one guy, Satanist, who, as I know, worked in that museum. He take this portrait in best Satanic traditions - no one there need this picture anymore, and they didn't know, what to do with it.

Edited by Alexey (03/31/05 10:51 AM)

#89135 - 03/31/05 12:38 PM Re: La Vey's portrait [Re: Alexey]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

But not La Vey's portrait. It was kept by one guy, Satanist, who, as I know, worked in that museum. He take this portrait in best Satanic traditions - no one there need this picture anymore, and they didn't know, what to do with it.

Thanks Alexey. Wonderful story.
Great example of rule #6 of the "Eleven Rules of the Earth". (Cat, in case you are reading this)
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#89136 - 03/31/05 01:47 PM Another post you may find interest in. [Re: Roen]
TAYLOR Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Wandering in Carcosa
You are welcome. Here's another post concerning religious fanatics which may be of interest to you:
http://www.satannet.com/lttd/showthreade...true#Post246076

I paint the thrilling.
http://www.taylor9.com/
(High quality prints of my work are now available.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406070 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements