Topic Options
#91619 - 04/09/05 02:59 AM Satanic Bunco Sheet
Confucius Offline

Loc: United States Of America
I was reading the Bunco sheet last night on the CoS website, I decided to have some fun, so I looked around on the internet for the psuedo-Satanic groups. I found one, and while I'm not mentioning any names, I will say that they fit to a T, the kind of organizations described. First off one thing I love about the CoS is it's absolute refusal to engage in any illegal activities. This 'other' place talks about drugs and says that the 'true' Satanist recognizes that there are good and bad sides to everything and will use them as they see fit. And they love to criticize Dr. Lavey. "Stratification is so horrible" and other crap like that. Once again, I highly recommend the Bunco sheet for detailed information on these other groups.
"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." - George Orwell, "1984" "No doubt alcohol, tobacco, and so forth, are things that a saint must avoid, but sainthood is also a thing that human beings must avoid... Many people genuinely do not wish to be saints, and it is probable that some who achieve or aspire to sainthood have never felt much temptation to be human beings." - George Orwell c. 1950

#91620 - 04/09/05 09:30 AM Re: Satanic Bunco Sheet [Re: Confucius]
Gileyd Offline

Loc: Leeds, UK

I have a fair idea of the site/group you are referring to. I could have told you they are a bunch of goofballs even without the Bunco sheet
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me. - The Sith Code (George Lucas)

#91621 - 04/09/05 10:37 AM Re: Satanic Bunco Sheet [Re: Confucius]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
As with all so-called “other satanic” groups, the first thing you should ask yourself is “Why are they not with the CoS?”

There is almost always a good reason, usually:

a. They know they won’t cut it (Its easier to “mock up” an organization on internet to hide behind).

b. They are bitter because they can’t afford it (mom only pays them so much to mow the lawn when they still live at home).

c. They are criminals, druggies, and scumbags.

d. They are residual inverted Christians who don’t feel complete without postulating a superior being to subordinate themselves to.

Don’t be rubes: http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Bunco.html
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#91622 - 04/09/05 06:46 PM Re: Satanic Bunco Sheet [Re: Confucius]
Gileyd Offline

If I would be allowed to be frank I'm actually suprised a Bunco sheet, as well written as it was, is needed at all. You can spot most these goofs for what they are a mile away, even without reading the Bunco sheet.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me. - The Sith Code (George Lucas)

#91623 - 04/09/05 09:42 PM Re: Satanic Bunco Sheet [Re: Gileyd]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
I think it was meant as a tool for people new to the concept of Satanism so that they may accurately distinguish between "us" and "them".

#91624 - 04/10/05 12:07 AM Re: Satanic Bunco Sheet [Re: Confucius]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
Preachin' to the choir, dude.

Next, please!
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#91625 - 04/10/05 01:06 AM Re: Satanic Bunco Sheet [Re: Drimlybunk]
Adonis_Mendes Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here & Now
You've hit the nail on the head. With the unfortunate existence of pseudo-Satanic groups polluting the internet, it tends to mislead people about what Satanism is "suppose" to be, and not actually what it is.

The Bunco Sheet serves its purpose well in separating bedrock from bullshit!

#91626 - 04/10/05 06:39 AM Re: Satanic Bunco Sheet [Re: Adonis_Mendes]
Gileyd Offline

I just thought anyone interested in Satanism would naturally float towards the Satanic Bible, and after reading that I can't imagine anyone even take those other groups seriously, never mind join them.

But I didn't really think of it like that, I stand corrected Guess that's what happens when you assume!

Forum Stats
12015 Members
73 Forums
43825 Topics
405206 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements