Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#92238 - 04/11/05 01:23 AM Why not join the Church of Satan?
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
I have not yet joined the Church of Satan because I still have quite a bit more to read (The Satanic Witch and The Devil's Notebook to start) and I recognize that at my age (18) people change their mind a lot. It would me a mistake to officially become involved in an organization such as this without some careful consideration.

However a few of the members of this forum are not official members of the CoS and I'm curious as to why. Obviously if you were not Satanists the moderators of this forum would have expelled you by now. So I ask: Why not join the Church of Satan?

Those of you with more than 200 posts, I'm talking to you!

(Perhaps this has been discussed before. I did a search on the subject but nothing came up. However, if this is in fact a repetition I meant no disrespect.)

#92239 - 04/11/05 02:07 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

well, here I'm not trying to make my "Yoda Time", but well, you and only you can answer about this. Satanism is outside,just think about what you feel and do in your every day's life.

Take your horse and sword and go for it.

#92240 - 04/11/05 02:31 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
bobstain Offline

Loc: A Marylander's Maryland
I haven't joined yet because, like you, I'm only 18. I don't yet feel as though I have enough to offer the Church (and consequently neither does the Church have enough to offer me) at this point. I plan to apply for Active Membership after I reach a few more goals in my life and have a little more experience under my belt. As for Registered Membership, I plan to join once I get a little more income/any income (which is going to happen very soon, hopefully).

And of course, as has been said many times over: Membership in The Church of Satan is certainly not a prerequisite for being a Satanist.

#92241 - 04/11/05 05:31 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
scoundrel Offline

Loc: Philippines
Actually I am going to ask that--can I be an official member of The Church of Satan even I am here in the Philippines?
My location is one great problem.
" Nothing is more despicable than a coward except perhaps the man places his faith in a coward.." -Dantes' Inferno "Do not feel envious of the happiness of those who live in a fool's paradise, for only a fool will think it is happiness." -Bertrand Russell

#92242 - 04/11/05 05:49 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: scoundrel]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Your location does not matter. The Church of Satan is an international organization with members in many countries.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#92243 - 04/11/05 06:12 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: MagisterRose]
scoundrel Offline

Loc: Philippines
I think, therefore the journey of Satanism within is still the one that must be walked upon.
Meaning, that the absolute knowledge that we treasure are the ones that will measure the real meaning of Satanism to our lives.
" Nothing is more despicable than a coward except perhaps the man places his faith in a coward.." -Dantes' Inferno "Do not feel envious of the happiness of those who live in a fool's paradise, for only a fool will think it is happiness." -Bertrand Russell

#92244 - 04/11/05 07:04 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
There was a thread about this some time ago, initiated by Rev. Svengali.

Look here.

And don't forget to read this.

#92245 - 04/11/05 07:31 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Gileyd Offline

Loc: Leeds, UK

Because I'm a student and have certain obligations where my money goes at the moment (mainly rent, tuition fees and living expenses).

But I'm saving... I'll get there eventually.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me. - The Sith Code (George Lucas)

#92246 - 04/11/05 07:38 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Alexey Offline

Loc: Russian Federation
Waiting for my birthday celebration. And slowly and wisely answering the questions in "Application..."

And, as Magister Ventrue said, important not how many posts you have, but quality of posts.

#92247 - 04/11/05 08:35 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Interesting question, I have everything 'ready to go' so to speak but about a month or two ago something happened that has to be taken care of first.
I want to apply for Active Membership and right now I am really busy due to factors that are out of my own control (I have a lot of surgery coming up this and next year).
I want to have my own life in order before I ask to become an Active member. I will probably be a Registered Member first and then will apply for Active Membership later on when all the 'hospital-work' is done.

#92248 - 04/11/05 11:03 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>Those of you with more than 200 posts, I'm talking to you!

What do the number of posts one has have to do with anything? More than half of mine are simple or silly replies. Post quantity does not make someone more or less of a Satanist, especially an offical of the CoS.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#92249 - 04/11/05 11:31 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Yes, post quanity really means nothing. I have around 2200 posts... I also have the oldest account on the board... there are quite a few users who have only been on here for a year and their post counts make mine look like a hobo's bank account balance.

If you want to know why you should not join the Church of Satan it is rather easy.

Do not join if you absolutely cannot afford it, but this also goes with ... just save a few dollars a week and eventually you will have enough to join. Your life comfort should go above all else, if the money is better served somewhere else (like buying food or putting gas in your car to get to work) then by all means do not join, work at being successful enough first so that when you are at that point you will not need to worry about a measly $200. I joined when I was 16 (it was $100 back then) and I saved a little out of each pay check for 4 months and then I sent in my membership application. In the terms of value, I got my $100 worth and a billion times more.

I would also not join the Church of Satan if your affiliation with the CoS would cause you distress in your job or social circle. While the Church of Satan Does Not disclose your personal information to ANYONE (not even me) that is not to say that you do not slip up or someone opens your mail and finds out. If it would hurt you to be a member of any "occult" organization, I would suggest not joining.

Your membership in the Church of Satan is what you make of it. You can get as little or as much out of it as you choose, because it is based on your actions. Some members join just to show respect to the man and organization that made all of this possible and you never hear from them again. Others join and contribute to the organization with their skills. Some of us are "public" Satanists and others are "private" Satanists, its all up to you. Nothing is handed to you on a silver platter ... when you join you get the card and your name in the "black book" ... which is the starting point, your foot is in the door ... its now up to you to make the first impression and move yourself into the room past the door.

In reality you really should not be asking "why I shouldn't join" but you should be asking yourself "Why do I want to join, what are my reasons for joining", if you can answer that, you will have your answer.

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
---------------------------------------
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#92250 - 04/11/05 11:47 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Magister Frost]
uncleherpe Offline

I havent joined yet because I am young and lacking in funds.

I havent read all the literature involved with satanism that I would like to, and it is really important to do research before making a choice like that.

I am also unsure if it is neccisary for me. I am not sure what being a member of the Church of Satan entails besides giving money to an orginisation that I respect(which is always good), I dont know what is required either.

I need to do some digging on the cos site, and get some money together. Then I will decide.

edit: I just downloaded the application. wow. They have some really good questions.......

Edited by uncleherpe (04/11/05 12:01 PM)

#92251 - 04/11/05 11:54 AM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: Drimlybunk]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
>> So I ask: Why not join the Church of Satan?

Different people have their different reasons, some good and some bad. A few users simply don't consider themselves Satanists, though I'm not sure why they have the desire to post here in the first place. Some users are in fact COS members but haven't asked the messageboard's administrator for member access.

I've also met people on occasion who highly revere the COS yet don't feel ready to join, due to personal issues in their life they want to square away first (though in several of these cases it looks like the person will never be "ready"). Many others I suspect are thankfully weeded out by the sight of the membership fee. They either simply don't understand the point of the COS, are freeloaders who never learned how to develop and apply a skill in their life, or are outright afraid to take the plunge and put their (literal) money where their mouth is.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#92252 - 04/11/05 12:08 PM Re: Why not join the Church of Satan? [Re: uncleherpe]
Remorazz Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
do all the research that you feel is needed. for my part I was a satanist since I was 14 and did not know it until I read Dr. LaVey's bible, now I wait to get the money needed (i'm 35 now). To feed my three sons and wife are important right now. it's like the Magister said:
"just save a few dollars a week and eventually you will have enough."
HS! G We have wasted far too much time explaining that Satanism has nothing to do with kidnapping, drug abuse, child molestation, animal or child sacrifice , or any number of other acts that idiots, hysterics or opportunists would like to credit us with. By Anton Szandor LaVey ©1988 PENTAGONAL REVISIONISM: A FIVE-POINT PROGRAM ~Special Thanks to: Agent Jack Malebranche for his permission to use his art in my avatar.~ SETI Combat Camera Cool Products

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406357 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements